Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/7/2004 2:06:50 AM EST
OMG THIS GAME FUXING ROCKS!!!!!!
I got it yesterday and finshed it today my favorit mission is the one where you storm the riscehestag favorit weapon is the BAR

so any chance of geting a server for this?
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 6:32:01 AM EST
I have it...Don't play it anymore.
It's overrated.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 10:55:11 PM EST
I wouldn't say it's overrated, it's simply More Of The Same (Return to Wolfenstein, Medal of Honor, etc.) so that no matter how well it's been done (and it is quite good) it feels like you've already been there and done that. Missions where you're not going lone wolf are naturally the most realistic and enjoyable. I didn't like switching between American, British and Russian services but it was amusing to hear Jason Statham's (The Transporter, The Italian Job, Snatch) voice as one of the Brit COs. There should be an add-on for CoD this fall.

Meanwhile, Doom 3 just came out and I have to say I'm really disappointed, what with all the pre- and post-release hype. System requirements are outrageous (a 3 gig machine is recommended and even then, "Super High Quality" graphics in 1024x768 (using 500 MB of texture memory) are discouraged by the game's own options screen. I'm running in 800x600 on a 2GHz P4 with a Radeon 9800 and it still jerks around like a slideshow until everything's cached.

Like Call of Duty, it's More Of The Same regardless of the startling new graphics engine. Zombies and hellspawn infest a Total Recall/John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars type setting that's opressively dark with an irrationally absent tactical light on ANY of the weapons. That's right, you have to choose between light or firepower where muzzle flash alone doesn't cut it. Fortunately, users have written a few taclight mods that right this egregious oversight.

Overused elements like hordes of seemingly bulletproof enemies, tedious locked door puzzles and endless reading and watching of dead guys' PDA files make Doom 3 little more than an extremely stylish exercize in by-the-numbers game design. It would have been much more impressive if the breathtakingly gorgeous Far Cry -- dumb as it was -- hadn't come out first.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 12:30:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/8/2004 12:31:32 PM EST by Atencio]
CoD was pretty and well made, but as stated it is much of the same old thing and thus lost some of it's luster to me. I don't think the on-line experience can compare to BF42 and it's spin-offs.

I am half way through Doom 3 and have no complaints as far as my system goes. While scary at first you get kind of used to it and as of now I am starting to get bored. If there was a good multi-player for it out right now I would probably start messing around with that.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 12:39:04 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 8:38:09 PM EST
Used to have it, sold it on E-bay. Was a good single player game for sure. Sniping was 200 yards and under! Online the maps I played were small and people moved so fast it was speedy cqb silliness, but still fun. You would get spawned and some one was shooting you instantly, if you survived spawning start spraying everything with your machinegun, just like everyone else there. Don't know about bigger maps as I did not run into them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 11:14:53 AM EST
I ran a COD server for a while. It was a fun game I just got tired of it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 10:27:32 AM EST
There are 2 modified maps you can download for it.

Ardennes (better than some of the original game levels)
and
FortKnox (German tank repair facility - pretty plain, but new)

There are also some really good mods that make the soldiers pump out blood when hit, and the guns much louder.
If anyone is interested I'll point you to them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:49:49 AM EST
I've got and I love it. Had it since right after it came out and I still play it every now and then. Most of you are correct with the "it's been done" comments, the only thing is, this one was done very very well. I haven't touched Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Medal of Honor, or BF 1942 since I got this. Just the general atmosphere of the game is amazing. It does a much better job of making you feel like you're really in the middle of a war than any other game. Medal of Honor and RTCW both had too much of the "one man army" thing going on, and BF 1942 was just terribly unrealistic. All of those are good games, I just don't feel any of them are the same of the same class as CoD. I can't wait for the expansion to come out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:28:47 PM EST
COD was fun but to many subgun whores online.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:40:32 AM EST
I hear ya there Cyrax. In any Russian vs German level, you can't do hardly anything as a German because of the PPsh with that Drum magazine. They just open up with that and let it spray. Takes all of the fun out of it. Personally I prefer to snipe. I love my Springfield and scoped Mosin.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:45:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By jaqattack02:
I hear ya there Cyrax. In any Russian vs German level, you can't do hardly anything as a German because of the PPsh with that Drum magazine. They just open up with that and let it spray. Takes all of the fun out of it. Personally I prefer to snipe. I love my Springfield and scoped Mosin.

God I hated that.
and the fact you cant cook off a grenade almost every other gane you can!.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:14:23 PM EST
I preordered it so I could get it before it hit the shelves. The single player game was fun but the multiplayer wasn't. MOHAA beats it in multi.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:27:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
There are 2 modified maps you can download for it.

Ardennes (better than some of the original game levels)
and
FortKnox (German tank repair facility - pretty plain, but new)

There are also some really good mods that make the soldiers pump out blood when hit, and the guns much louder.
If anyone is interested I'll point you to them.

links? i found Ardennes but not the fort one and the other mods sound good
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:40:42 PM EST
Love Call of Duty, think its a lot better to play than Medal of Honor.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:58:30 AM EST
The realism in most of the guns is something that amazes me. For instance, the way the scope moves with the sniper rifle, forcing you to compensate for it, and wait for that perfect shot. I can't remember in the PC version, but I know in the PS2 MoH the scope sits perfectly still. When I went back and played that after playing a bunch of CoD it just seemed strange.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:34:01 AM EST
Call of Duty Intensity MOD

I'll leave this up for a while, if I take it down, IM me or email me and I'll email it to you or put it back up for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call Of Duty Intensity Enhancement v1.0 by Solecist

The main purpose of this mod is to make single-player gun battles SOUND like gun battles. Eventually, whilst working
on that, I decided to expand a little.

This is primarily a sound mod, so I apologize for the lack of screenshots.

Installation:
Move the PK3 files available in the original ZIP to your Call of Duty /Main folder. There are multiple files that represent the different features listed below.
If you don't like certain features, remove the PK3 file(s) that corresponds with those features.

Included Files:
User-Intensity-GrenadeWeaponUpdate.pk3 (grenade, weapon, and damage changes)
User-Intensity-ParticleUpdate.pk3 (bullet impact and bullet hole changes)
User-Intensity-SoundUpdate.pk3 (sound and soundalias changes)
User-Intensity-NoTracers.pk3 (tracer removal)

Features:
-New sounds from various CoD soundpacks, modified to sound loud and realistic. Includes whiz-by sounds from Band of Brothers, also made louder. (thanks goes to the original authors)
-Particle effects modified to be more realistic and Intense(TM). Bullet impacts now create a small amount of dust that remains on the ground for a few moments.
-Bullet hole size reduced to something more true-to-life. IE no watermelon-sized holes in the wall from your .45.
-Bullet holes now remain visible for about 50 seconds, instead of 10.
-Damage table modified to something a bit more realistic (yeah, it's been done). All the guns will take a man out in a single shot, unless hit in the hands, lower arms, or feet.
-Tracers removed to further realism. I would like to remove them for everything but the MG42(even better, remove them from the MG42 unless the map takes place at night), but I don't see how this would be possible.
-Grenades can be cooked (yes, it's also been done), and have had their throwing distance lowered, as well as having their explosion type changed to "rocket"(produces a much more interesting explosion).
-Minor Changes: M1 Garand now fires slower. M1 Carbine now holds 30 rounds instead of 15.

Bug List:
-Sounds can sometimes get choppy or cut out occasionally when more than one MG42 is firing at the same time.
-There are some minor clipping problems with the new bullet impacts when you fire upon a wall. May or may not be worth fixing.
-One type of surface is not affected by the bullet hole changes. I have yet to figure out why.

Notes:
The sound changes and bullet impacts can be taxing on older systems.
Also, the gun sounds were specifically made for outdoor situations. I would like to
do separate sounds for indoor and outdoor environments, but I don't think it's possible.

ENJOY. If there are any problems, post a comment under this file at codfiles.com.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:48:26 AM EST
This game rocks. Get on the fragfest or british airborne server sometime and look for Lt. Craig
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:47:42 PM EST
I have it, it is pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:50:26 PM EST
If you like Call of Duty download the Revolt Mod. It's the Iraq war.

-UT
Top Top