Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2001 8:14:28 AM EDT
Anybody have a recommendation for a good "Napster style" MP3 download site for Macs?

thanks [:)]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had good luck using Limewire. There are versions for OS 9 and OS 10. You can find it at [url]www.versiontracker.com[/url].
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, Limewire is your best bet. That's what I use. Being a Java program it is a little flaky, but it still works.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 2:36:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Pretty good handle!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:12:03 AM EDT
[#5]
You get the best MP3s out of the USENET newsgroups. Get a binary reader like NewsBinPro (i dont know if they have a mac version but I am sure there is one out there). It's not a search and download on demand and it takes a few days to get your requests filled... BUT you almost always get higher bitrate songs. COMPLETE SONGS... and usually the full album.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 5:37:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Man I miss my MAC!! There OS is far superior to Windoze. Unfortunately some of the accounting software I use on my Mac was phased out so I had to build a couple of PC's in order to keep running it.
Mac's rule but when it comes to software they are always way behind. PC's are ok, but the software is awesome, what ever you want and usually free and easy to get.
I like baershare for my music trading but I don't think they have a Mac version yet, so keep checking.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Try these 2 sights:

www.kazaa.com
www.audiogalaxy.com
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I like Aimster.  Search for Aimster on the web.  Works with my imac.  Was real easy to set up.  Had Limewire.  I haven't been able to get Limewire to work for some time, so I switched.  I'd rate them about the same, maybe Aimster a little better but (since I haven't been able to get Limewire to work for a while, probably my own fault somehow) I haven't done a direct comparison.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah,

Try MacPhex for OS-X, just started using it. It works pretty good. There is also a version for OS 8.0-9.x

You can get is at [url]http://phex.sourceforge.net[/url]

Check it out!
-Mark
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Also [B]glock_lobster[/B],

You should've been a [B]B-52[/B] pilot [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top