Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/7/2002 9:44:21 AM EDT
I am at school and whenever I type in a site that has the word "gun" in the heading it does't allow me to acces that site. I used to use safeweb.com which would open another safe browser to type in whatever site you wanted and the computer would only read it as safeweb. does anyone have a site like this so I can go on gun sites? hopefully AR15.com won't be on there list next!
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 9:54:29 AM EDT
Not really sure if this will get you around any type of software block, but when I want to do anon surfing I hit: http://www.the-cloak.com
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 9:58:46 AM EDT
try [url]www.anonymizer.com[/url] as well. hope this helps
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:04:48 AM EDT
If the block is only on the entry field, and not on links, then go to google and type in the url. The site you want should be near the top(if not the first one). Even if it isn't in google's directory, it will give you the option of going to that site(i.e, it gives you a link to the url you entered). Useful for going to sites you don't want left in the autocomplete field, especially on computers where you're locked out of the options dialog.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:14:08 AM EDT
While the school is "protecting" you from seeing PICTURES of guns, I'm sure you can find out all sorts of information about homosexuality, how to get an abortion without telling her parents, how to make a home meth-lab, and obscene lyrics to the latest cRAP CD!
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:14:38 AM EDT
Try this one www.carnivore.cia.gov
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 2:13:47 PM EDT
I'm in high school right now, and we have a filter too with netscape. You might want to try going into microsoft word/open/c-drive/program files and look for an "internet explorer" folder, then the i.e icon. Click on it, and you may get unfiltered acces. That's what works for my school computers anyway. It may be worth a shot.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 2:24:16 PM EDT
www.megaproxy.com there ya go don't forget jobrelatedstuff.com hth
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 2:33:57 PM EDT
Your school is probably using Internet Explorer (aka Internet Exploder, Internet Destroyer) and you can probably bypass its measures by installing Netscape. If so, install version 4.76, which is faster and more stable than the newer versions. Don't forget to file a protest, too. CJ
Top Top