Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/26/2004 7:39:31 AM EST
I just heard a line from Con Air from John Cusack about how the NRA headquarters was blown up because of some racist white men or something. Now I saw this movie years ago, but don't remember this line. Anyone know what the exact line was or why it was in the movie??
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:46:31 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:51:14 AM EST
Yeah. . .vaguly remember

talking about Diamond Dog (black guy) who blew up the NRA because he said it showed the white mentality. . .looking for the exact quote now. . .
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:56:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/26/2004 7:59:24 AM EST by Charging_Handle]
Actually, the way it was said, it wasn't a knock against the NRA. In fact, the comment was more a knock toward Diamond Dog and showing what a beast he was.

To reverse this, think of the same situation, only with the bad guy being a white supremacist. The equivalent would be him blowing up the NAACP or something. It doesn't reflect badly on the organization, just the individual.

I was more offended by the comment in Lethal Weapon 4 where "Riggs" commented that the guy with armor over his entire body, a flamethrower and a machine gun (with built in stereo) was probably a "spokesperson for the NRA". But since Mel has gained my respect many other times, I'll let him slide with that line, since he didn't write it anyway. But I gotta admit, it was a bit funny. And that whole scene was about comedic value anyway.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:03:00 AM EST

Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
I was more offended by the comment in Lethal Weapon 4 where "Riggs" commented that the guy with armor over his entire body, a flamethrower and a machine gun (with built in stereo) was probably a "spokesperson for the NRA". But since Mel has gained my respect many other times, I'll let him slide with that line, since he didn't write it anyway. But I gotta admit, it was a bit funny. And that whole scene was about comedic value anyway.

That's the only anti-gun comment that offended you in that movie
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:06:01 AM EST
A certain amount of this sort of thing is part of our culture. I usually enjoy it when it shows up.

"Are you the police?"

"No, we're from the NRA..."
Top Top