Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2001 7:20:16 AM EDT
His voice is all f*cked up.  What is wrong with him?  Is he going deaf?  If so, why?  Anybody know?
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:26:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, he's going deaf. It was all over the news last week. He's got some kind of infection or auto-immune thing that is destroying his hearing.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:26:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Going deaf. Probably because of listening to himself. Eithet that or all the "Mega ditto's Rush" from his minions.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Going deaf. Probably because of listening to himself. Eithet that or all the "Mega ditto's Rush" from his minions.
View Quote

REAL classy, gunfan.

He's going deaf, and you seem to be enjoying it.

Remind me to feel no sorrw when tragedy befalls you.

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:35:25 AM EDT
[#5]
That really sucks.  Hopefully he can continue the show, we really need him.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:44:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

REAL classy, gunfan.

He's going deaf, and you seem to be enjoying it.

Remind me to feel no sorrw when tragedy befalls you.

View Quote

I never said I wasn't sorry he was I'll. I never said I was enjoying it. I think he serves a purpouse, I just don't agree with him most of the time. I need nothing from you, not sorrow, nor to be told how to feel about Rush Limbaugh. Keep your opinions as they apply to me to yourself.

I think his Illness is a personal tragedy for him and his family. It is not a national tragedy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#7]
[b]Gun-fan[/b] Is that appropriate? We're talking about a 'national treasure' as our President referred to him the other day!

Well, no matter how his illness progresses, he can still write some very pithy columns!

At this crucial point in our nation's history, its two most clear and articulate voices are silenced -

President Ronald Reagan, and now, Rush Limbaugh.

Eric The(OneOfHisManyMinions)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:46:51 AM EDT
[#8]
As someone who disagrees with Rush around 80% of the time, let me say that I am very saddened by the events and I have chastised friends who laughed when they heard this news.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:49:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Post from Gun-fan -
I just don't agree with him most of the time.
View Quote

'Most of the time'? Praytell, what do you most disagree with him about? Hmmm?

Eric The(ThisIsAGen'lDiscussionBoardAfterAll)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:55:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Post from Gun-fan -
View Quote

View Quote

I primarily differ with him on economics. I'm with him on personal liberty issues & self reliance. He's pretty much on it with regards to NOW, NAACP etc.... However his ultra right views are far too extreme for me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:59:43 AM EDT
[#11]
IF Rush leaves I would like to see either Tony Snow or Ollie North take it over.

Benjamin

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#12]
He does not have to give up just because he is going permanently deaf.  Cochlear implants are available to help him hear again...it is nothing like normal hearing but will allow him to continue if he so desires.  It will also require therapy & determination on his part to succeed with the CI.

Very sad news for Rush & his listeners.

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:08:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I know ya didn't ask me Eric but here ya go...look in the harry brown thread and see if Rush would agree with my views....I listen to him a lot and sometimes start to agree and then
one of us veers off....
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:15:01 AM EDT
[#15]
No, I was afraid to ask you Brother Hound, so I won't even go there now. But that's beside the point, because any disagreement you may have with him is only on the surface, I can assure you. You both agree on the Second Amendment and that is the 'tie that binds' as the Chuch Hymnals say.

Eric The('TisSufficientForMe,TheRestIsWindowDressing)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:24:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Going deaf. Probably because of listening to himself.
View Quote

Using your own reasoning for Rush's going deaf, GunFan, you'd better get yourself to a proctologist...
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Post from Gun-fan -
View Quote

View Quote

I primarily differ with him on economics. I'm with him on personal liberty issues & self reliance. He's pretty much on it with regards to NOW, NAACP etc.... However his ultra right views are far too extreme for me.
View Quote

So would it be fair to say you are an economic liberal ??  Are you one of those who believes that money needs to be taken from those who earn it and given to those who don't ??
Do tell.....
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#18]
As said by many, going def didn't hurt Beethoven.  If Rush's voice continues to degrade to the voice typically associated to the def, it might just increase his mystique.  He could be transformed into a Yoda like figure where we learn to appreciate his economy of words.  Remember, he is not dead, he is not mentally incapacitated, he is not mute, just def.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Not to enrage the tinfoil hat crowd, but is there the possibility Rush is lowering his profile to temporarily reduce his target indicator status?

By that I mean in terrorist terms he does present a high-profile target.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#20]
He may be sounding different because he may not be able to hear himself speak, and may therefore not have the benefit of the feedback that the rest of us take for granted.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#21]
I heard him on the radio last week describing his own condition. It sounds like he is, for all practical purposes, completely deaf. He said the doctors had a theory but he did not wish to dicsuss it.

Its a real shame.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#22]
The only thing I ever disagreed with Rush on was the Micro$oft case.

I feel like this is happening to a personal friend.  I've listened to him since I was about 10 years old, when my mom would listen in the car.  [}:(]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Me, I'm jealous. He never has to hear a whining liberal again [:P]

mega dittos
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top