Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2001 7:29:49 AM EDT
I am in an English class this semester and I have to do a 10 minunte oral presentation on a charity.  It cannot be a political action charity, so NRA is out of the question.  Any ideas?  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 7:45:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Charity does not have to be institutionalized.  I suggest writing about one-on-one charitable activity.  Have you ever taken a meal to a sick neighbor or friend?  Helped someone make a rent payment when they're between jobs?  Taken a day off of work to help someone move?

Real charity comes from the heart.  A chartitable act requires only two people - A giver and a receiver.  No need for bookkeeping or even money.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Check out the St Jude Children's Hopsital at [url]www.stjude.org[/url].
This is the best charity I have found, and one of the few that actually uses the vast majority of the contribution funds for their intended purpose: To help terminally ill children. I can not think of a better cause, and have given to the fund on several occasions as well as helping to raise funds through my former employer.
The hospital runs entirely on charitable donations, and expects it's patients families to pay NOTHING for the care they receive or the  families stay. For anyone looking to help out a great cause, this is a great place to start; and you should have no problem coming up with a 10 minute oral presentation on this charity.

-JLA
View Quote

This is also my favorite
Go with this one and I will write the damn thing for you! (I be good at that shit)

PS I used to have hair down to my waist but I gave it to a place called Locks of Love to have it made into a wig for some poor little cancer kid. I will write that one up for you also if you have some longhairs in your class
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Consider adult illiteracy and the consequences on society. Maybe you could slant your presentation to the area of public schools, and how they pass illierate students to higher grade levels so as not to  harm their self esteem. If you look on the web, I am sure you could find charitable organizations dealing with adult illieracy and not taking federal money. Godd luck.
ARH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top