Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2002 10:53:21 AM EDT
Or thier Group 1 or a Series 66?  I just got a job offer to be a Financial Consultant by the world's 14th larget corporation and I will need to pass all three test.  Does anyone have any pointers for me?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I took the series 7.  Congrats on your job, I really enjoyed working for a brokerage.  

I was having trouble passing the practice exams until my uber-boss gave me this advice:

Don't try to read through and master the material beforehand, then take the exams cold without referring to the texts.  Maybe you might want to do that once or twice, just to become a little familiar with all the new information you have to learn.

What you do is take the practice exams, and once you get to a question you just can't answer, look it up in the text.  Don't feel bad you didn't know it, but be sure to learn what you look up.

Do about 7-8 of the entire practice exams with this method, and you'll start to get passing grades.  I studied for 3 months my way without ever passing once.  After 2 weeks of studying his way, I was passing and passed the REAL exam on the first try.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I have my CA L&D(equivalent to group 1)
Series 7 = Securities Rep.
Series 24 = General Securites Principal
Series 53 = Municipal Securities Principal
and Series 63 = State reg and blue sky laws.

Currently sturdying for the Series 55 = OTC trading principal.

Series 7 is a tough exam. Study the option and regulation section. If you get books from Dearborn, do the practice test. Dearborn writes a lot of the questions for the NASD. By doing the questions, you will get the hang of how the questions are asked. Dearborn offer a 5 day prep class. I suggest you take it. However if you are a Finance major, you will not have a problem.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, options are like 40% of the test, it seems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top