Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 5:31:17 PM EDT
cbs2.com/localnews/localnewsla_story_246211627.html

''Private Ryan'' actor's probation revoked
Thursday September 02, 2004

LOS ANGELES Actor Tom Sizemore's probation in a domestic abuse case involving former Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss was revoked Thursday because he failed to complete a drug test.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Antonio Barreto Jr. allowed Sizemore to remain free pending an evidence hearing on Nov. 8. But in the meantime, the judge said, the actor's probation ``is in a revoked status.''

Authorities said Sizemore refused to provide a urine sample for a drug test at a probation office last month.

``He simply walked out,'' prosecutor Robert Cha said outside court.

Sizemore's attorney said the actor went to his drug counselor the same day and passed a test there. Sizemore declined to take the test at the probation office, attorney Michael Rovell said, because an officer he didn't recognize also wanted to search him there and he feared the results might be tampered with.

``I have every reason to believe him when he tells me that he is clean,'' Rovell said outside court.

Sizemore, 42, was sentenced in October to six months in jail on misdemeanor charges of harassing, annoying and physically abusing Fleiss, his ex-girlfriend, during their two-year relationship.

Barreto stayed the jail time while Sizemore took part in a rehabilitation program for drug abusers. The judge also said he would consider reducing the sentence to 90 days if Sizemore, who has appeared in such films as ``Black Hawk Down'' and ``Saving Private Ryan,'' successfully completed the program and other probation requirements.

Prosecutors also recently alleged that Sizemore violated his probation by testing positive for methamphetamine, but his attorney attributed the result to a prescription drug.

Authorities still are deciding whether to file charges against Sizemore in connection with his Aug. 11 arrest at his West Hollywood home, where authorities said they seized narcotics and drug paraphernalia.

The drugs ``belonged to somebody else and were planted,'' his attorney said. He did not elaborate.

(© 2004 The Associated Press
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know much about him personally, but I really like the characters he plays in movies.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto. He's been in some kick-ass flicks.

Heat
SPR
BHD

and a few others...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The drugs ``belonged to somebody else and were planted,'' his attorney said. He did not elaborate.

Damn Meth head is having delusions.  

Anyone who uses Meth is a dumbass!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't confuse him with the people he gets paid to mimic.

He's a shit bird, just like the rest of them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I like him in his movies, but if I were a Hollywood actor, something tells me that I'd raise my sights a little higher than that skank, Heidi Fleiss. I mean, c'mon.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#6]
As far as I know, he's got issues with Meth..which isn't surprising given his current carrer.

I pray he gets clean and finds the strength to stay clean. He seems like a good (if high-strung) person.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Lately, almost every young kid we arrest with drugs in their pockets tell us, they're wearing someone else’s pants.  Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.  Yeah rite.    

They get convicted.  

F'em.  Tom Sizemore needs to be in jail.  Just because he's a good actor doesn't give him a free ride for  drugs.  If I got popped for drugs do you think I’d get away with it?  Hell no.  I’d be buried under the jail.  

Colt_SBR  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top