Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/23/2008 6:27:25 AM EDT
So, there I was peacefully keeping to myself and minding my own business, when all of a sudden and without warning, from out of no where and through no fault of my own....

Kind of long but:

I really don't seem to have much luck with teh wimminz (I'm kinda shy really and not the confident, asshole, or douchebag type) so this really kind of threw me for a loop.  I'm also struggling to adjust to my newly single status.

So last night I was sitting in a local pottery studio (yeah, I know, shut up - I like it and the chicks actually dig it ) making some bowls.  

One of the regulars (a very nice lady) was also there making whatever she was making.  I was listening to my headphones and not really paying attention to what was going on.  In walked a genteleman and a young girl.  At a glance she looked like she was about 14 or so, but I dismissed it and went back to doing what I was doing.  

A few minutes later the other lady walked up to me.  I took my headphones off and she introduced me to the girl the man (her husband) had brought in.  She's actually 19 and visiting from The Ukraine.  She's here pretty much all alone and working at a local hotel to support herself while here for the Summer.  She speaks limited English, enough to communicate, but we had to really struggle at times.  The lady asked me if I would let this girl watch me throw a pot to which I of course agreed.  Thankfully, I didn't have any problems with it and it went pretty well and I actually looked like I knew what I was doing (I'm still a beginner).  

She seemed pretty interested in what I was doing so I offered to let het sit at my wheel and try her hand.  I coached her through throwing her first bowl and she seemed to rather enjoy it.  She actually did pretty ok especially considering it was her first.  I let her do another pot and that went pretty well too.  Of course, I used several opportunities to guide her with my hands on hers.  

The whole time we were talking (well, with her english and my - very poor - Russian we were more communicating than holding a real conversation) we really seemed to hit it off and get along.  Not only is she very cute, but I have to give her points for bravery for deciding to just come here and try to learn enough English to get a job and survive.  The people she came with had to leave before we were done, but they asked if I would give her a ride back to where she's staying.  This, plus the lady's comments about her needing to meet some people her age to hang out with as she really is all alone without any friends or family around makes me think they were deliberatly setting us up - which is very cool of them.  

When we were done we cleaned up and I gave her a ride back to where she's staying.  She told the owner of the studio that she would be back on Wednesday to trim the bowls she had made which is the next step before firing in the kiln.  I told the owner that I would be there too and she seemed excited about seeing me again.  She said she would wait until I was there even though she was planning on getting there around noon and I won't be out of work until 4 or so.  

When I offered her my number she seemed very excited about it and she said she was really looking forward to seeing me again.  

SO, any advice for me?  Everything seems to be going well so far.  I won't be able to take her out to any bars, but dinner/movies/walks on the beach/etc are all possibilities.  Any helpful hints about Ukranian women?  Any helpful snippets of Russian I can use besides 'Tee Ochan Kraseevaya', 'Da', 'Nyet', and 'Pivo'?  

I don't want to scare her away, and I don't want to take advantage of her or her situation.  I have a feeling that this will end in tragedy either way - total crach and burn, or things work out great between us and then she has to leave in September to go back home.  I have already been there done that with a Swedish woman and I don't care to have to experience that again - though I won't hesitate to do it.  

Also, when/if we actually do go on a date, I feel that I have to look out for her safety.  Should I carry a 9mm or my .45?

Thanks!

-K
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:31:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Just be nice to her and take it easy. If you try and get in her panties too fast, you will spook her. Take her out and show her a traditional American time.

And stop being a pussy, women don't like that. They are just chicks, nothing to be afraid of and the worst they can do is say no.

And for the record, I had a buddy who's dad did three tours in Vietnam in the navy on the River calling in the barbeque from A-4's and took pottery classes. Nothing weak about making pottery.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:32:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Just take it easy and let it go where it goes.  Good luck.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:33:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Must . . not . . do . . it! Must. . . resist . . .

Aw, what the hell

SIHPAPP

Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:34:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Lucky bastard!
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:34:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Careful she doesn't try to marry you for citizenship
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:34:43 AM EDT
[#6]
mail order brides are costly.. make sure there is no price up front...
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:36:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh and renting Borat may be a good first date choice, make her feel at home from the comfort of America

"Like American Movie Start Dirty Harold......Make my Day........"
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:36:47 AM EDT
[#8]
* peers into crystal ball *

OP in three months posts tale of woe

Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:37:05 AM EDT
[#9]
First off ......45 of course.

Secondly, I've dated plenty of women that didn't speak Engrish. So get yourself a translator booklet and SIIHPAPP! You know the drill....

Good Luck!

- Clint
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#10]

so I offered to let het sit at my wheel and try her hand

SIIHPAPP, obviously.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:39:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Man this sounds like a movie on the Oxygen channel. Take it slow and don't try to fuck her too soon, this could turn into a good thing for you, she's not poisoned like most American women.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:40:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Good thing I was there to take pics!

P.S. Take her to the range once she's comfortable with you.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:40:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Tell her: "Мое имя понос."

She'll know what it means.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:40:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Man I love Russian girls, you lucky bastard.
If she's blonde +10
If she's brunnett +10
If she's both... she ain't from Russia, she's polish
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:41:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Dude, this is a pretty cool post. I am not sure why, but I'm excited for you... hopefully it all works out ok. Good luck, man.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:42:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Here's my advice, and keep in mind this is from a single 22 y/o.

Go for it.  She obviously needs the company while she's here in the States.  I think though the problem will be when she goes home, but maybe if you keep in touch by e-mail or other means, it should be fine.

But that's just me, go with what you think is best.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:42:48 AM EDT
[#17]
yeah my advice is don't even think about letting her know you are carrying. Don't even talk about it. She probably needs to be acclimatized more before the honey I will protect you with my life Jason Bourne stuff.

Since you mentioned it and many threads over the last few years have had light references to it it seems like many guys think that letting her casually know you are carrying is a good thing. Wrong. As I have said unless you meet her at the gun range it should be a long long time before she finds out. I don't recall the thread but I remember someone talking about clearing the apartment or house before he let his date enter. I cringed at how pathetic that was.

And 2 watch your ass, in the Marine Corps we used to say many foreign women were looking to move to the land of the big PX (Post Exchange) Remember Ukraine is a poor country or at least a good percentage of the population is poor and they'd love to hook up with a young american male that showers at least once a month.

And lastly strap up be a man do what comes naturally if you blow it take note of where you blow it and correct that going forward.

Ps seriously about the land of the big PX.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:42:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Take her to see "GHOST" Hee Hee!!!!!

AHHHH Crap to late
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:45:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/72/Ghost_pottery_wheel.jpg/230px-Ghost_pottery_wheel.jpg

Yeah I was gonna say odd coincedence that that movie with Patrick swazye and Demi Moore was on Lifetime channel this weekend.

I noticed that as I walked through the family room and said turn that shit off to my wife.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:46:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Wait a second, isn't she married?

ETA: If she traps you with the hairy lasoe and starts talking about marriage, don't do ANYTHING without a Pre-Nup.

All the sotries I have read are that these Balkan Beauties will marry you and ditch you the moment they get naturlized.

Be careful!
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:51:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

No, the woman talking to him about the girl was the man's wife.  The girl's relation to the man was not established in the OP.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:55:07 AM EDT
[#22]
How come no yet chimed in thinking this is a set up?

Some things dont sit right with me. How the people she came in with just randomly introduced this chick to a total stranger.

How did she get her Visa? Are they using her to stake you out and rob you?

Always assume, if you dont know what some wants from you, it must be your kidneys or liver.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:57:14 AM EDT
[#23]
+1

Remember SOTD

Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
+1

Remember SOTD

Fuck it im foing

Tread carefully with this and as one other poster stated about the prenup- thats good advice.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Lots of good advice here, thanks!

I wasn't planning on telling her I carry, but a range trip is definitly in order!  She also knows I'm a cop, so that's a good way to bring it up.

Regarding the 'Land of the big PX', thanks for the reminder.  We called it the same thing in the Army.

The getting a pocket translation book is a great idea, WTF didn't I think of that?  My best friend is a trained Russian speaking linguist in the Army, so I'll have to hit him up from some good phrases too.  He's in Iraq though, so I'm not sure how much email he has.  

I'll do my best to post pics as soon as I can snap some, but I'm going to take my time before trying to get in her panties or SIHPAPP.  

Anyhow, thanks for the advice.  Keep it coming!

-K

Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:03:52 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Could you translate that for me?  And do an English phonetic translation too?

Or should I not be trusting you at all?  

-K

Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:04:02 AM EDT
[#27]
She's looking to marry into US citizenship.  That may or may not be a bad thing.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:07:30 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
And stop being a pussy, women don't like that. They are just chicks, nothing to be afraid of and the worst they can do is say no yes.

Fixed for you.

-K  Good luck, Russian chicks are teh hawts
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:08:34 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, the woman talking to him about the girl was the man's wife.  The girl's relation to the man was not established in the OP.

Correct.  Sorry about that.

The woman is known to me and I trust her very much.  I'm trying to be vague here, but she is also a member of my profession (law enforcement) and I we share a number of aquaintences.  

As far as I understand it, one of the girls jobs is working at a local gym.  The womans husband is a regular at the gym and that's how they met.  He then hired her to do some other work at his company - maybe as much to help her out as anyhitng else - but I'm not worried about the situation - they are good people and I trust them.

-K  
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:08:52 AM EDT
[#30]
It's an elaborate plot to get you to fly to the motherland so they can drug you and harvest your organs while you watch.

That or she needs the legal status. Slap on a jimmy hat and slip it to her...then be rid of her. Oh yea, find something more manly to do with your free time.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:10:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
How come no yet chimed in thinking this is a set up?

Some things dont sit right with me. How the people she came in with just randomly introduced this chick to a total stranger.

How did she get her Visa? Are they using her to stake you out and rob you?

Always assume, if you dont know what some wants from you, it must be your kidneys or liver.

Sorry, my bad.  See above.  I do know the woman who introduced me to the girl.  She's a good person and I trust her.  I am suspecting they introduced the girl to me deliberatly though.  

-K
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:13:22 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-K

You're no fun... try putting it into the Google translator.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:14:01 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
It's an elaborate plot to get you to fly to the motherland so they can drug you and harvest your organs while you watch.

That or she needs the legal status. Slap on a jimmy hat and slip it to her...then be rid of her. Oh yea, find something more manly to do with your free time.

PISS OFF!  

Nah, just kidding I knew it was coming.  

I kind of agree, but I really do enjoy it and there's a number of hotties who also hang out there .  And other wimminz seem to be into it too, you guys who are all artsy and in touch with their feelings and all that crap get them all excited.

-K
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Get a translation book, it will make it easier to communnicate with her and she'll be impressed at the effort.

Go for it!
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:18:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-K

Good thing I trusted my instincts!  

-K
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:19:28 AM EDT
[#37]
dude.....keep an eye on your kidneys.  and....

SIIHPAPP
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:23:11 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

It's a tarp.

Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:25:01 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/72/Ghost_pottery_wheel.jpg/230px-Ghost_pottery_wheel.jpg

Damn beat me to it, that was the image I had from the story.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#40]

This is really weird, just one week ago the same thing happened to me. Saw a girl at the beach, she looked really young so I dismissed her. Ended up talking to her and her sister and find out she's in her early 20s and from the Ukraine. She was REALLY cute, but I was with another girl who I ended up breaking up with anyways. Her brother in law seemingly tries to hook us up, but I'm not pursuing it for now.

As for what to do, sorry to say but chances are she's looking for a passport. If that sits well with you and you want to pursue, you don't really have to impress her, you just have to avoid doing anything monumentally stupid and scaring her off. I could be wrong, but I'd say there's a 90% chance this is the case.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn beat me to it, that was the image I had from the story.

It's actually not that far from the truth, but I didn't want to go that far and scare her away or piss off the people who introduced us.  

-K
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:32:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Is Nikita Denise from the Ukraine? If so, there are some videos on the internet where you can see what Ukrainian chicks like.

Get her to say "We must catch moose and squirrel" at least once while she's here.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:51:02 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Or kill you for S&G!  Have you seen Hostel???  

I think we need to compile a movie list for this thread:
1) Ghost
2) Hostel
3) Borat
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
So, there I was peacefully keeping to myself and minding my own business, when all of a sudden and without warning, from out of no where and through no fault of my own....

Kind of long but:

I really don't seem to have much luck with teh wimminz (I'm kinda shy really and not the confident, asshole, or douchebag type) so this really kind of threw me for a loop.  I'm also struggling to adjust to my newly single status.

So last night I was sitting in a local pottery studio (yeah, I know, shut up - I like it and the chicks actually dig it ) making some bowls.  

One of the regulars (a very nice lady) was also there making whatever she was making.  I was listening to my headphones and not really paying attention to what was going on.  In walked a genteleman and a young girl.  At a glance she looked like she was about 14 or so, but I dismissed it and went back to doing what I was doing.  

A few minutes later the other lady walked up to me.  I took my headphones off and she introduced me to the girl the man (her husband) had brought in.  She's actually 19 and visiting from The Ukraine.  She's here pretty much all alone and working at a local hotel to support herself while here for the Summer.  She speaks limited English, enough to communicate, but we had to really struggle at times.  The lady asked me if I would let this girl watch me throw a pot to which I of course agreed.  Thankfully, I didn't have any problems with it and it went pretty well and I actually looked like I knew what I was doing (I'm still a beginner).  

She seemed pretty interested in what I was doing so I offered to let het sit at my wheel and try her hand.  I coached her through throwing her first bowl and she seemed to rather enjoy it.  She actually did pretty ok especially considering it was her first.  I let her do another pot and that went pretty well too.  Of course, I used several opportunities to guide her with my hands on hers.  

The whole time we were talking (well, with her english and my - very poor - Russian we were more communicating than holding a real conversation) we really seemed to hit it off and get along.  Not only is she very cute, but I have to give her points for bravery for deciding to just come here and try to learn enough English to get a job and survive.  The people she came with had to leave before we were done, but they asked if I would give her a ride back to where she's staying.  This, plus the lady's comments about her needing to meet some people her age to hang out with as she really is all alone without any friends or family around makes me think they were deliberatly setting us up - which is very cool of them.  

When we were done we cleaned up and I gave her a ride back to where she's staying.  She told the owner of the studio that she would be back on Wednesday to trim the bowls she had made which is the next step before firing in the kiln.  I told the owner that I would be there too and she seemed excited about seeing me again.  She said she would wait until I was there even though she was planning on getting there around noon and I won't be out of work until 4 or so.  

When I offered her my number she seemed very excited about it and she said she was really looking forward to seeing me again.  

SO, any advice for me?  Everything seems to be going well so far.  I won't be able to take her out to any bars, but dinner/movies/walks on the beach/etc are all possibilities.  Any helpful hints about Ukranian women?  Any helpful snippets of Russian I can use besides 'Tee Ochan Kraseevaya', 'Da', 'Nyet', and 'Pivo'?  

I don't want to scare her away, and I don't want to take advantage of her or her situation.  I have a feeling that this will end in tragedy either way - total crach and burn, or things work out great between us and then she has to leave in September to go back home.  I have already been there done that with a Swedish woman and I don't care to have to experience that again - though I won't hesitate to do it.  

Also, when/if we actually do go on a date, I feel that I have to look out for her safety.  Should I carry a 9mm or my .45?

Thanks!

-K

Quoted:
Lots of good advice here, thanks!

I wasn't planning on telling her I carry, but a range trip is definitly in order!  She also knows I'm a cop, so that's a good way to bring it up.

Regarding the 'Land of the big PX', thanks for the reminder.  We called it the same thing in the Army.

The getting a pocket translation book is a great idea, WTF didn't I think of that?  My best friend is a trained Russian speaking linguist in the Army, so I'll have to hit him up from some good phrases too.  He's in Iraq though, so I'm not sure how much email he has.  

I'll do my best to post pics as soon as I can snap some, but I'm going to take my time before trying to get in her panties or SIHPAPP.  

Anyhow, thanks for the advice.  Keep it coming!

-K

In before "I need some advice -- she turned out to be 14 after all and now I'm being blackmailed by the Russian Mafia to provide police intel"
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Don't learn her language on your own, and then root around for things to talk about with her.

Talk about her language with her, and have her teach you a bit of it.  It's an obvious conversation piece, and it treats her as an active resource, a person, rather than just a set of legs and plumbing.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/23/2008 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#47]

The Summer Fling gods are smiling on you. Just let it progress naturally and do not take any advice from GD!
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Мои друзья интернете нужны фотографии меня придерживаться его в свой приклад.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Too coincedantal.

It's a trap.

Seriously.

She'll go through all the motions, convince you to marry her, get her citizenship, then leave you and take all your shit and leave you destitue.

I wish I were joking.

Link Posted: 6/23/2008 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Dude, you're not marrying her.  Get to know her before you poke her, and just have fun.
Some of these guys act like everything is life or death.  She's lonely as hell and thinks you might be a nice guy.  Act like one and have fun showing her around.

If it progresses and gets serious down the road, get a prenup.

Good luck!!!  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top