Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2005 8:25:06 AM EDT
'Self-Defense' Bill Introduced in House of Representatives
By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Morning Editor
January 12, 2005

(CNSNews.com) - A Maryland Republican has introduced a bill protecting the right of law-abiding Americans to use guns in self-defense.

The proposed Citizens' Self-Defense Act of 2005, introduced last week by Rep. Roscoe Bartlett of Maryland, would specifically protect the right of law-abiding citizens to use handguns, rifles and shotguns in defending themselves, their families or their homes.

The bill also would allow people whose self-defense rights have been violated by any government entity to bring legal action in federal court.

The bill, H.R. 47, has been referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary. It has the "enthusiastic support" of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA), which is urging swift consideration of the bill.

more: Self-Defense Bill
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Snowball and hell come to mind.  But I will think hopeful thoughts.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I mean, is there anything in this bill to not  like? Can you imagine NYC, CA et. al. being inundated by citizens demanding their 2A rights back?

We have GOT to get ORGANIZED behind this Bill!

Write your congress critters! MOBILIZE PEOPLE!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Start calling your Reps people, let them know people want this.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#5]
This kind of bill would turn our neigborhoods into war zones!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:31:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds great to me, and I would question the motivations and/or sanity of anyone who opposes it.  That said, it probably won't pass.  

But good luck to it all the same.  I'll write my Rep.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This kind of bill would turn our neigborhoods into war zones!

But only until the criminals wised up or were all shot.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:33:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Dupe http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=313085
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top