Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2007 8:03:22 PM EDT
http://www.heraldsun.com/durham/4-839793.cfm?

DURHAM -- State Attorney General Roy Cooper "wrote off a whole section of Durham" last week when he declared three former Duke University lacrosse players "innocent" of accusations they sexually assaulted and kidnapped a woman, community activist Theresa El-Amin told a group of about 15 supporters of their discredited accuser Monday.

At a meeting at The Know Bookstore And Cultural Center at 2520 Fayetteville St., El-Amin and fellow activists Victoria Peterson and Lavonia Allison aired their opposition to Cooper's vindication of the former Duke players.

Peterson, an ardent supporter of the exonerated players' accuser, said Cooper circumvented the justice system when he declared the former defendants innocent on all counts.

"I don't really care what you think, if you think that the girl was lying or telling the truth, but what happened to the judicial system we have in this country where the jury is the only one who can say if someone is innocent?" Peterson said. "If he thought there wasn't enough evidence, he could dismiss the charges, but this man [Cooper] took it a step further, he said 'We believe these three are innocent.' "

"People on death row get exonerated [all the time] and did you ever hear an attorney general come out and say [the exonerated individual] is innocent? It's a scandal," El-Amin said.

Community member Beverly Jenkins said the fact that the accuser had not been charged with making false accusations proves Cooper has something to hide.

Activist Dannette Sharpley, who is working with El-Amin to plan an April 28 march against sexual violence, said the charges were dismissed because society undervalues women of color and women who work as exotic dancers and strippers.

"To them, this woman was unrape-able. [To them] she asked for it. [To them] she doesn't dignify the process. That's why they're 'innocent,' " Sharpley said.

Peterson said she felt the African American community in Durham failed to rally around the accuser because the woman was employed as a stripper.

El-Amin, who said she wanted to get Durham's black churches to offer the accuser financial support, got about five people to agree to help her provide the accuser with food and rent money. She added that she was not in contact with the victim but hoped she would be soon.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Sniff sniff. Go grab a forty. Or was that a "foty?"
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Where's a steamroller when you need one?

I hate activists.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I hate activists.

I think that you are actually after a Caterpillar Front -End loader, they seem to work well on hippies.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a bunch of nappy-headed hos.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sniff sniff. Go grab a forty. Or was that a "foty?"

+1

What a fucking joke.  Do these blacks realize what kind of danger a rogue prosecutor is to the black community?  

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate activists.

I think that you are actually after a Caterpillar Front -End loader, they seem to work well on hippies.

Thank you sir for the correction.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:19:37 PM EDT
[#9]
They didn't charge her with a crime because she is mentally unstable, and wasn't able to discern the fiction inside her psychosis from reality.

I guess these fools didn't watch that part of the AG's interview later in the day though. Where all of this was reasonably explained.

How is having the State show sympathy to a woman in serious need of mental health intervention, a cover-up to protect men that have already been cleared of any crime?

"I don't really care what you think, if you think that the girl was lying or telling the truth, but what happened to the judicial system we have in this country where the jury is the only one who can say if someone is innocent?" Peterson said.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IB82nd
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#12]
The freakin' Woman had "Genetic material" (Sperm) from 5 different dudes in Her when she was examined NONE of which came from the 3 Duke players charged a YEAR ago with raping Her (Who, according to Her climaxed inside Her WITHOUT wearing condoms)........

What's the activists problem again?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The freakin' Woman had "Genetic material" (Sperm) from 5 different dudes in Her when she was examined NONE of which came from the 3 Duke players charged a YEAR ago with raping Her (Who, according to Her climaxed inside Her WITHOUT wearing condoms)........

Among other problems, she knows bugger all about the judicial system.

For one, juries don't find people innocent in this country they find people guilty, or not-guilty.

The DA is well within his authority to drop charges against anyone.  He also can also express an opinion of their innocence, if he so chooses.  It is uncommon, but there is nothing wrong with it.  No one is shocked when a DA expresses an opinion that someone is guilty.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#14]
The majority of the black Americans desperately need national role models that can inspire self confidence, self reliance, and hope in their future not only as a race, but as individuals as well.  

Look at the role models of a significant portion of black America.  
They've got:

1.  The Rhymin' Reverands
2.  Gangsta Rappers
3.  Prima Donna athletes.

Quite a list to be proud of.  Respect won't be found following this group of "leaders".
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:43:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I hate activists.

Don't you mean a Giant Bulldozer?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I find the fact that she's pissed kinda funny. Growing up in Birmingham a.k.a. Bombingham, you get to the point where you just sit back, watch and laugh.

That girl is a ho fo sho, damn 5 different jizziz inner, that's one helluva a cream pie!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#18]
height=8
Quoted:
I find the fact that she's pissed kinda funny. Growing up in Birmingham a.k.a. Bombingham, you get to the point where you just sit back, watch and laugh.hathinking.gif
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Gosh, that's just......awful!  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I chuckeld.

On a side note, a rutgers player said she is more damaged by Imus comments than the Duke Lacross players...

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:25:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Boy, that twat sure has a deep knowledge of the law.

Everyone IS innocent, up until they are PROVEN guilty. But I guess that doesn't fit with their vision of mob rule.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:37:01 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Your whiteness sickitates me.  Who are you to suggest that there is anything unusual with having DNA from 5 dudes in you at the same time?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:38:33 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I chuckeld.

On a side note, a rutgers player said she is more damaged by Imus comments than the Duke Lacross players...

Damn, is she a burn patient?  Talk about thin skin.  If anything comes out of the Imus scandel, she still has her FUTURE.  What did she lose?  One night at the governor's mansion AS A GUEST?  

Show me the damages.  If anything, the team has a coat of Teflon at the least.  And they are that much more visible to the WNBA.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:41:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Release the water cannons to The Know Bookstore And Cultural Center at 2520 Fayetteville St.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:47:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Fuck em.  The kids won and who cares what all the dykes and race baiters think.  A declaration of their innocence was the only way for these kids to begin their lives with a bit of that black cloud (no pun intended) removed from above them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:02:55 AM EDT
[#26]

"I don't really care what you think, if you think that the girl was lying or telling the truth, but what happened to the judicial system we have in this country where the jury is the only one who can say if someone is innocent?"  Peterson said. "If he thought there wasn't enough evidence, he could dismiss the charges, but this man [Cooper] took it a step further, he said 'We believe these three are innocent.' "

He you motherfuker, where were you when DA Nifong declared them guilty on nationally broadcast TV, huh?  What happened to the judicial system we have in this country where the jury is the only one who can say if someone is guilty?!?!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:06:54 AM EDT
[#27]
These black activists are too stupid to realize that Nifong played them like a game of 3 card monte with this case to get re-elected.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:09:31 AM EDT
[#28]
I feel sorry for this person.  They are so far into their own deluded world that they cannot actually comprehend that not doing something means that you are innocent of it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:11:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Prosecutors often label defendants "guilty" before a jury reaches a verdict.  So why can't he label these kids innocent?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:16:52 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
For one, juries don't find people innocent in this country they find people guilty, or not-guilty.

+1. In our justice system, you are already innocent. It is the juries job to make a judgment on whether the prosecution has proven you guilty.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm glad they didn't do it, both rape or consensual.

If one of them were my son, I would kick his ass from here to kingdom come if he raped anyone.
I would kick his ass almost as hard if I found out he screwed a nasty ho like that girl, especially if he was like these guys, who are probably covered up with beautiful, super hot chicks.
I hoped none of them were that desperate.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:10:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
The freakin' Woman had "Genetic material" (Sperm) from 5 different dudes in Her rectum when she was examined NONE of which came from the 3 Duke players charged a YEAR ago with raping Her (Who, according to Her climaxed inside Her WITHOUT wearing condoms)........

You forgot a key word.  Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#33]
SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE .....
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I wonder if the Black Panther's are going to march in the streets with their AKs again.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The freakin' Woman had "Genetic material" (Sperm) from 5 different dudes in Her rectum when she was examined NONE of which came from the 3 Duke players charged a YEAR ago with raping Her (Who, according to Her climaxed inside Her WITHOUT wearing condoms)........

You forgot a key word.  Fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
These black activists are too stupid to realize that Nifong played them like a game of 3 card monte with this case to get re-elected.

Ding Ding!

We have a Winnah!

They just can't seem to realize how well Nifong played them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#37]
The poor accuser was nothing but a team player. I mean the WHOLE team playa with that much "genetic" material in her.

I think she knows the truth, she can't admit it tho because she would be liable for a lawsuit. Not like she has anything including her virginity to lose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top