Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 6:49:23 PM EST
I have in interesting problem. I have found a pistol within my state that I'm interested in. I'm 20 and my state (nevada) has nothing on the books that prohibits face to face transactions (no dealer involvement) and minimum possession age for a concealable weapon is 18. So, with that said I have found a handgun I'm interested in, but it is in Reno, Nv. 8 hours from Las Vegas where I live. Is is possible to do a 'face to face' via mail as long as both reside within the same state?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:57:30 PM EST
Don't know about Nevada, but what you are describing is perfectly legal here in Iowa.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:47:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By steveamy:
Don't know about Nevada, but what you are describing is perfectly legal here in Iowa.

I did some more checking and found somewhat of an answer to my own question. Nevada has nothing on the books about distance or shipping regulations for within-state firearms transactions. Problem is, you have to find someone pretty damn trusting to do this. We do have a state statute that allows you to request a background check on a person who you want to sell a firearm to.

I guess now I just need advice on what you think would be a reasonable set of requirements I could fufil for the seller?
Top Top