Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 11/29/2002 8:54:15 PM EST
A guy I know bought this truck & while we found the latch to let the backrest cushion down, we can;t find how to release the cushion you sit on, though it obviously has some pivots near the front of the cushion ends. It there a latch somewhere, or do you just shove your hand down the crack and give it a jerk?
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 9:02:26 PM EST
IIRC there should be a hoop between the cushions.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 9:16:42 AM EST
Like a piece of upholstery trim? And what about the bent metal rod dealies at the end of the seat? "Holy Shit" handles? For clamp-on arm rests? ...... . . . . . .
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 12:30:40 PM EST
on my 88 f250 heavy duty there is a curved bar on the passenger side between the seat and the side of the truck. Just pull that bar forward toward the front seats and the whole seat rotes forward. Let me know if I need to take a digital pic for you.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 10:58:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/30/2002 11:38:59 PM EST by prk]
I'll call him about this tomorrow. There are two flattened loops of metal rod at each end of the seat cushion. We couldn't figure those out, but now I think that's what rests on the floor once the cushion folds over. Not sure how to explain the lever on the passenger's side, other than generally.
Top Top