Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 5:59:24 PM EDT
Well let's see:

The US took over Mexico city in 1848 and owened the whole country but we gave most of it back to Mexico and then paid them money for the states of AZ, NM CA.  We own them nothing. and the above statemant is false.

"The war officially ended on February 2, 1848, with the signing of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. Negotiated by Nicholas Trist, the treaty ceded to the United States the land that now comprises the states of California, Utah, and Nevada, as well as parts of Arizona, New Mexico, Wyoming, and Colorado. In exchange for this land, the United States paid Mexico $15,000,000. Mexico also forfeited all rights to Texas and the border was permanently established at the Rio Grande. The American victory confirmed most citizens’ belief in Manifest Destiny and the nation’s expansion westward."

http://militaryhistory.about.com/od/mexicanamericanwar/a/MexicanWar.htm

Here is a "Professor" claiming the same:

At the opposite end of the Sky Harbor runways is Arizona State University in Tempe. Here we find Carlos Vélez-Ibáñez, an anthropology professor and director of the School of Transborder Studies.

“My dad’s great-uncle saw the last Mexican flag come down in Tucson in 1853,” he says, establishing his pan-continental credentials. “We didn’t cross the border. The border crossed U.S.”

He estimates 10% of his students are illegally in the United States, but this is just guesswork; faculty aren’t allowed to ask, and the kids are not about to volunteer.

“These kids have lived an American civil life,” the professor says. “They’ve gone to elementary school, junior high and high school, played baseball and basketball. Many of them have been valedictorians; they have grade-point averages of 3.7, 3.8. They graduate magna cum laude, and then they can’t get a job because they don’t have a piece of paper?”

Anchor babies, of course, don’t share the same anxieties. They are U.S. citizens, at least until the Tea Party takes power in Washington and repeals the 14th Amendment.

“Let me tell you what’s behind all this,” says Prof. Vélez-Ibáñez. “Here in Arizona, the biggest fear among white people is the changing demographic. You’re soon going to have a population that’s 35% Mexican. Their birth rate is about double that of the whites. Their children will get educated. They will register to vote. They will be able to think. And that will change everything

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/world/Anchor+babies+battle+citizenship/3480180/story.html

Read m
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Its from a faux movie trailer 3 years old... Don't think about it too hard.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless they personally where born before the treaty was signed, than no.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#3]
^ beat me to the punch
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
. They are U.S. citizens, at least until the Tea Party takes power in Washington and repeals the 14th Amendment.

“Let me tell you what’s behind all this,” says Prof. Vélez-Ibáñez. “Here in Arizona, the biggest fear among white people is the changing demographic. You’re soon going to have a population that’s 35% Mexican. Their birth rate is about double that of the whites. Their children will get educated. They will register to vote. They will be able to think. And that will change everything

Well what are they, fuckstick?  American or Mexican?  It's time you and your ilk make up your fucking minds.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#5]
If their ancestors were already living in the areas that became part of our country and which they feel they are entitled to inhabit today; they would be natural born American citizens.

They aren't; which makes their claim a tautology.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm from Texas... we kicked Mexico's ass fair and square and won our state from them.

The can FOAD about the rest of the South West as far as I am concerned too.  

Screwem
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Its from a faux movie trailer 3 years old... Don't think about it too hard.

Please see the edited post a current "Professor" at ASU believes it.  It is used in a current "B" movie that sucks but I hear it is better than George Clowny new movie "The American" excecpt for the titties
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#8]
The article is out of
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Oh whaah!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Their children will get educated go to school. They will register to vote. They will be able to think. And that will change everything

Read m

Fixed

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#11]
For some of them.  Guy in my unit was "mexican" but didn't speak Spanish, he was from Texas.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#12]
“Let me tell you what’s behind all this,” says Prof. Vélez-Ibáñez. “Here in Arizona, the biggest fear among white people is the changing demographic. You’re soon going to have a population that’s 35% Mexican. Their birth rate is about double that of the whites. Their children will get educated. They will register to vote. They will be able to think and have to pay taxes And that will change everything

See the red part, that will actually change everything.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#13]
So we kicked their ass, and paid them for some land...AND LET THEM KEEP THEIR OWN LITTLE COUNTRY.
...and they have the nerve to bitch

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#14]

"Well, maybe you ought to get back on the other side then..."

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#15]
The professor cites the example of his ancestor seeing the Mexican flag come down in Tucson.

Well, the city of Tucson and the rest of Arizona south of the Gila was purchased five years after the Mexican War in a cash deal through the Gadsen Purchase.  The border crossed Tucson when the government in Mexico City needed money more than they needed northern Sonora.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#16]
"I didn't cross the border!  The border crossed ME!"

"Uh, how old are you?"

_MaH
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Their "border" was obliterated by the Spaniards and like kind long before Uncle Sam started improving the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#18]
We didnt land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on US!!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#19]
OK, so if they really owned California, it'd just be another 1500 miles of cartel violence, drugs, prostitution, and rampant poverty. Where would they run to then? Are there lots of jobs picking strawberries in the friggin' Yukon?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#20]
murmurs from a defeated country, maybe we should take some more for all they've leeched off of us.

The freeloaders brought this on themselves.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Their "border" was obliterated by the Spaniards and like kind long before Uncle Sam started improving the neighborhood.

You are correct "The Spaniards" invaded and raped the Mexican people (Aztec indians) and land starting in the 1500's .
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd go with the "We did not cross the border, our country was defeated in war, and the conquerors paid our country more for a strip of desert than all of Alaska."
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
OK, so if they really owned California, it'd just be another 1500 miles of cartel violence, drugs, prostitution, and rampant poverty. Where would they run to then? Are there lots of jobs picking strawberries in the friggin' Yukon?

When the US and Mexico went to war, there were many US citizens living in northern CA; in fact the Anglos were the most powerful potential force in the state.

In southern CA, it was mostly Californios, who were latinos but they did not (mostly) view themselves as Mexicans and many wanted independence.

Mexico was going to lose CA no matter what.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#24]
All the faggots that think I'm living in occupied Mexico right now can GLADLY try to come and take it back.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well let's see:

The US took over Mexico city in 1848 and owened the whole country but we gave most of it back to Mexico and then paid them money for the states of AZ, NM CA.  We own them nothing. and the above statemant is false.

Never owned the whole country. We invaded the northern part and Mexico city, most of Mexico was not invaded (however some elites in Mexico wanted us to take over and provide good government)

The "border crossed us" talk is nonsense. They come here for opportunities their culture doesn't provide, not because the land was once part of Mexico. Few Mexicans lived in what is now the US southwest, and the Mex government made Texas tax free to encourage settlement.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:47:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Yeah for Mexican Americans whose families were in certain parts of the country in 1836 and 1848 , it's true.

For dip shit Mexican illegals who crossed an international border illegaly anytime since the freakin Gadsden Purchase no it don't work.

For the Central American Farkers it don't work at all.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#27]
the guy was almost correct. white people are not afraid of brown people.  They are afraid of importing poverty and then having a bunch of liberal fucks voting to steal what they have worked so hard for.

Has nothing to do with color.  You want open borders return us to a country where no man pays more taxes than another nman and no man gets more services than another man.  Then there will be nothing to fear.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Blue berries.  Though the resident Grizzly population would make things interesting.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Reminds me of of your average scum bag, "you cross this line and we're fighting."

Gives dirt bags a reason to be dirt bags.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Most of the ground on the planet has changed hands at some point.  Someone can always make a case, no matter how jacked up, that this or that is their land.  Who cares?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#31]
If they wan to start playing this game, then all of Mexico still belongs to Spain.

And before that...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#32]
We won, get over it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#33]
We paid for what we took. If we hadn't taken that land it would have never been developed. Mexico would still be a shithole just larger geographically.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:36:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct "The Spaniards" invaded and raped the Mexican people (Aztec indians) and land starting in the 1500's .

Sounds like they're pissed that they got beaten worse than the Aztecs.

Any whose ancestors were here when the border moved have been US citizens by birth for 6 or 7 generations. The rest of them are fleeing a shithole and trying to curry favor.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#35]
The thirteen of you who voted yes are living in your own fantasy world.

The vast majority of Mexicans who have immigrated here (legally or illegally) did not live near the border to start with. So no, the border didn't cross them. And all of the former citizens of Mexico (overwhelmingly of European and Indian descent) who lived in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California were made American citizens.

The most important thing for everyone to remember about this crazy claim by the la raza cucarachas is that if Mexico still owned all of the territory it ceded, Mexicans would still be trying to get into Louisiana, Kansas, Washington state, etc. because they would be making $2/hour tops in California and Texas (it would be part of Mexico and subject to Mexican laws and wages!!). How dumb can you be and not understand that?

It was the Spanish that colonized California, etc. and laid the foundation for what we we have today ––-> a European people. San Francisco was little more than a village when we got it. Few of these present day would be immigrants from Mexico are really descendants of the Spanish; they are descendants of the Aztecs and NEVER occupied this land. Look at where they built their pyramids for a clue as to their true geographic origin. The only reason many parts of the southwest could sustain modern cities and large populations is because of yankee ingenuity.

So sick of this bullshit. I never thought badly of Mexicans in the past but now I do. They have really taken advantage of us and we've helped them to develop their country in so many ways. Our relationship with them is about as one sided as it can get.

Quoted:

They don't dare say this to the average american on the boob tube however. Instead you get fed pablum about how they just want to work; the poor poor people, etc. A stealth agenda. They don't have the cojones to come out and say, "Hey, we're going to take this land back by illegal immigration whether you like it or not, gringo. Because you've become weak and tolerant."

It's really one big takeover with a sizable portion of Mexico's population being encouraged by their government to reconquista.

Quoted:
All the faggots that think I'm living in occupied Mexico right now can GLADLY try to come and take it back.

It looks to me like they are. When they become the majority in your state expect some changes made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top