Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page General » Books
Posted: 2/23/2013 5:24:47 AM EDT
I have gotten the itch to read Unintended Consequences by John Ross. I have seen several recommendations here on arfcom. It looks like it costs amywhere from $150 - $400 on Amazon.... Is this really right?

Anyone know another place to get this book? I know there is a free PDF version floating around out there, but I would prefer to read an actual book....if possible!
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 5:35:40 AM EDT
Check the EE. Sometimes I have seen the book there for $100.00.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 8:17:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2013 8:20:05 AM EDT by WayneD]
Nevermind, reading is fundamental.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 8:21:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ssgsnake:

Wow. When did the book get so expensive? I am pretty sure I didn't pay more than $40 shipped from Amazon several years ago.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 12:07:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By packingXDs:

Originally Posted By ssgsnake:

Wow. When did the book get so expensive? I am pretty sure I didn't pay more than $40 shipped from Amazon several years ago.

I could be wrong but I think it was only printed once or twice. I don't think there was any paper backs printed. They are
rare.
Link Posted: 3/2/2013 5:24:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2013 5:30:26 PM EDT by fr4th0]
I "acquired" this title in .pdf form and converted it to use on both my Kindle, and my Kindle app on my phone. It's out there... you just have to have the proper skill-set.

Here's the author's website, and the page where you can then be directed to purchase the book: http://www.john-ross.net/store.php

And, for the ultimately lazy person, here's the link to the publisher selling his book that is linked from the page above: http://www.accuratepress.net/ross.html

It looks like there will be another run on the book (eventually) - @ $28.95 in softcover plus S&H.

Link Posted: 3/2/2013 5:27:07 PM EDT
There was a post the other day that another run was going to be printed (or something to that effect)
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 6:41:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:11:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By chrismartin:
There was a post the other day that another run was going to be printed (or something to that effect)

That would be great. I'd love to give some copies out to some people.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 5:22:12 PM EDT
Makes me value my signed copy that much more! Especially considering I got it signed at his rock quarry range after getting to shoot a lot of his full auto stuff!

But yeah, I would love to see a revised second edition.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:53:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By indianapwns:
Originally Posted By chrismartin:

That would be great. I'd love to give some copies out to some people.

They've been saying that for quite a few years now, so don't get your hopes up.
He was also working on a sequel, but Real Life got in the way.
Page General » Books
Top Top