Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2016 10:32:04 PM EDT
The Way Democracy Dies: We need to teach our kids Civics. They need to learn more about how our government works. As Donald Trump most assuredly does not understand. He is not a serious person, but an entertainer. Former Supreme Court Justice Souter said this 4 years ago: "I fear for our democracy when the people are so ignorant about self-government, about how it works. Some one person will come forth and say, "Give me total power and I will solve your problems." The people will give up their power to govern themselves if they are ignorant of how to rule themselves. Benjamin Franklin said: "Here's your Constitution, if you can keep it". He was very afraid that we are losing that knowledge as a nation. Canton School Committee, please see to it that all our children in all the grades learn about Civics, about self-government.
View Quote

I live in a liberal shithole state and town.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Disregard the name and she's right.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Disregard the name Substitute Obama's name and she's right.
View Quote

Fixed it....................
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bingo.  Point out the irony of everything they overlook with Hillary, she's above the law.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:41:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Benjamin Franklin said: "Here's your Constitution, if you can keep it".
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:45:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I recall a clip of Obama telling a Latino audience he wished he could bypass congress and just enact laws. The room cheered.

Soon as the libs back off the first and second, we can talk.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#6]
It's Trump or civil war.........this isn't a normal election.......
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#7]

trump or civil war.

who is going to lead this "civil war"?  you?

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Canton School Committee, please see to it that all our children in all the grades learn about Civics, about self-government.
View Quote

Oh the irony!!!

She's speaking the right words, but obviously has no understanding of their meaning!
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#9]
fucken fpni every time
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:19:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yup. Don't think she got the right quote there either. Fucking moron liberals.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#11]

He is not a serious person, but an entertainer.
View Quote

Huh. All those buildings with his name on them.

And here I thought he was like some sort of businessman.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

trump or civil war.

View Quote

Join date lack of appreciation for what we are facing....  
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.bartleby.com/73/1593.html

Liberals like to rewrite history, so maybe she did
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:57:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

trump or civil war.

View Quote

Boi, you sure set the record straight right there!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:03:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Way Democracy Dies: We need to teach our kids Civics. They need to learn more about how our government works. As Donald Trump most assuredly does not understand. He is not a serious person, but an entertainer. Former Supreme Court Justice Souter said this 4 years ago: "I fear for our democracy when the people are so ignorant about self-government, about how it works. Some one person will come forth and say, "Give me total power and I will solve your problems." The people will give up their power to govern themselves if they are ignorant of how to rule themselves. Benjamin Franklin said: "Here's your Constitution, if you can keep it". He was very afraid that we are losing that knowledge as a nation. Canton School Committee, please see to it that all our children in all the grades learn about Civics, about self-government.
View Quote

I live in a liberal shithole state and town.
View Quote

Remember, criminals project their actions onto others.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:04:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Actually, I think the most important thing to teach kids these days beyond the basics is how to tell truth from propaganda.  And, when in doubt, how to research and figure it out.

This person's speech, being a case in point.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:06:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

trump or civil war.

View Quote

Who wants to know? Podesta?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:08:39 AM EDT
[#18]
On a side note, why do CTRs have such a hard time using the quote function?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Good ole' liberals being hypocrites again. We have them on video talking about starting violence to try and mislead the people and this piece of human garbage wants to talk about civics.

TRUMP2016!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:12:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually Franklin said ,"a republic if you can keep it."
Souter was a big part of the goddamn problem.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:14:11 AM EDT
[#21]
If schools had been teaching correct versions of civics, US Government, and history, the leftist movement would have died out decades ago.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's Trump or civil war.........
View Quote

That was tried 150 years ago.
It turned out poorly for they who started it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#23]
There has always been a fear that the unwashed masses would use pure democracy as a way to gain power in a populist way. That's why we have the electoral college and checks and balances in government. Not to far off from the polish form of government of 1300's. They had upper and lower houses and royals were in what we have as president. Democracy should be messy, facism is neat.
View Quote

These fkn ppl.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

trump or civil war.

View Quote

How much do they pay you per post?

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Fuck..another one.

Living in Fantasyland: Guess what folks!!! Those overseas jobs are NEVER coming back, no matter what either Trump or Hilary do . ROBOTS: that's the invention that will take manufacturing jobs from the Chinese who took American jobs. We must teach our children how to think analytically, to invent new technology, which robots can't do completely. I had to teach college Math and Computer Science for Teledyne Brown, because our American college grads we were hiring weren't able to do the job. They couldn't do root cause analysis, peeling away the layers of ignorance from a DoD RFP and posing the problem in quantitative terms. So we hired Indians, Pakistanis, highly skilled workers from overseas. Get your kids to join "Problem Solvers" in Canton schools to help obtain the background they will need. They have those groups from grammar school right through high school. Taking a programming language only helps you for a year or so, but learning how to define a problem or project will help you in any job. We in Ma. have the lowest unemployment rate of any state: that's one reason.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#26]
LOL, love the way that libtards think the US 'democracy' will die... when their party is the one that hates the Constitution, hates our rights, hates our culture and wants to destroy it all... and elects clearly corrupt individuals, and readily and freely cedes more and more power to the government to satiate the desire to live as perpetual children, being cared for by a parent figure.

The GOP isn't doing much better... totally abandoning small government principles for the "let's do the huge government, just with US at the helm!"
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Apparently he really means Clinton but doesn't even know it.

Trump isn't asking for more power, he's trying to preserve the power of his nation, not necessarily it's government.

The hildabeast is spouting off about the power she intents to grab.  Its central to her globalist shithead mentality.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

trump or civil war.

Just building a Christmas card list
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

trump or civil war.

You're saying that's your throwaway account?

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#30]
To quote a movie: 'So This Is How Democracy Dies...With Thunderous Applause'

Also, while we are teaching kids civics, let's let the author know that we are a Republic, not a democracy.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Need a good retort here..

Looking for a Democrat, personable, well-educated, compassionate, not a sheeple, has a backbone, and a knowledge of the U.S Constitution Just message me if you fit the requirements.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#32]
"Give me total power and I will solve your problems"...

I think that's the new SCOTUS motto, isn't it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:50:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Looking for a Democrat, personable, well-educated, compassionate, not a sheeple, has a backbone, and a knowledge of the U.S Constitution Just message me if you fit the requirements.

Seems to me most democrats think they're unduly constrained by the Constitution. I mean, look at 0bummer...
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:22:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

trump or civil war.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:27:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't know if Franklin said that or not.... but I think some of the founding fathers wrote pretty much the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:35:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

trump or civil war.

He's right.   What are you going to do?

Run out in a temper tantrum and start shooting the place up?  Commit acts of violence?

Who are you going to fight?    The man in the street or the political establishment and a corrupt media who conspired to defraud the American people?

What are you going to do when the police and other law enforcement agencies come to restore order?  Are you going to kill them?

You'd be the bogeyman form the second you start and would vindicate everything that harridan and her cohort of corruption has been doing from day one.

There's a lot of chest thumping bullshit on this forum but if people really think about what it involves, then you know Civil War is not going to happen.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:11:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don't know if Franklin said that or not.... but I think some of the founding fathers wrote pretty much the same thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When asked what the framers' machinations had gained, Franklin replied, "A republic, if you can keep it."
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:15:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Run out in a temper tantrum and start shooting the place up?  Commit acts of violence?

Who are you going to fight?    The man in the street or the political establishment and a corrupt media who conspired to defraud the American people?

What are you going to do when the police and other law enforcement agencies come to restore order?  Are you going to kill them?

You'd be the bogeyman form the second you start and would vindicate everything that harridan and her cohort of corruption has been doing from day one.

There's a lot of chest thumping bullshit on this forum but if people really think about what it involves, then you know Civil War is not going to happen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

trump or civil war.

Party pooper, this country loves violence. Our masters love us tenderly and for that we should be thankful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top