Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 12/13/2016 8:37:07 AM EDT
"I hope they want a revolution, because that's how you get a revolution..."

This gets posted countless times per day here.  Has anyone really thought it through?  How, with details, would such a revolution work?  How would it start?  Who would be targeted by the loyal armies of Conservatism? Would it be like a resistance movement, or more like simple butthurt?

They could flip the election to Hillary tomorrow because Russians and nothing will happen.  Conservatives have jobs,, and they'll go to them,, and come home and bitch, and repeat the same the next day.  They won't shoot their neighbor, and they won't have enough vacation days to go to DC to march, and even if they're pissed enough to start shooting they won't have any targets that matter. 

No matter what happens, there ain't gonna be a revolution. 

Discuss.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#1]
This is exactly how one gets a revolution.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

So answer the questions.  How would it work?

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been banking vacation days for such an occasion.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah fuck history! We're to busy for any damn revolution!
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Internet commandos always talk tough.  They won't leave their mom's basement, let alone their careers, families and comforts of home to go fight a revolution.  They'll capitulate and come up with some lame excuse as to why they haven't done anything
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice. I never thought of vacation days as something to add to my preps.  I like it.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#7]
In general, you're correct.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:48:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Internet commandos always talk tough.  They won't leave their mom's basement, let alone their careers, families and comforts of home to go fight a revolution.  They'll capitulate and come up with some lame excuse as to why they haven't done anything
View Quote

This is pretty much what I'm thinking.  There will be a political uproar, and lots of bitching, but no shooting.  No doubt some gloating libs will get throat punched at the water cooler, but beyond that not much.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somebody gets pissed off beyond their tolerance and they do something that is either stupid/criminal or heroic/revolutionary.  It's stupid and criminal if they get caught, squished, and nobody follows them.  It's heroic and revolutionary when others decide to follow you and you start a movement.   History gets to decide but it's generally going to be hard on the trend setters. 
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Yea right.  Lets spell out our strategerie on the interwebs!    

Didn't you get the manual in the mail??  
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This gets posted countless times per day here.  Has anyone really thought it through?  How, with details, would such a revolution work?  How would it start?  Who would be targeted by the loyal armies of Conservatism? Would it be like a resistance movement, or more like simple butthurt?

They could flip the election to Hillary tomorrow because Russians and nothing will happen.  Conservatives have jobs,, and they'll go to them,, and come home and bitch, and repeat the same the next day.  They won't shoot their neighbor, and they won't have enough vacation days to go to DC to march, and even if they're pissed enough to start shooting they won't have any targets that matter. 

Discuss.
View Quote

You post and sound sure of yourself yet you still coax it inside questions.

The answer you seek is found in the history of the civilized world.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Well first you have to legalize persecution of a particular section of the politic.

Then/

It starts with a simple unprovoked rogue act that can't be undone. And that act is repeated ten times....

Then you have the vigilante revenge from the victims... and it's on like donkey kong

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the standard rebuttal to all the chest thumping, but truthfully know one can say with any certainty what others will do when that moment comes. If history is any indication, when it's time to Fo a percentage of motivated people will get it on.

ETA: the real irony is the OP's avatar in relation to his question.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Somebody gets pissed off beyond their tolerance and they do something that is either stupid/criminal or heroic/revolutionary.  It's stupid and criminal if they get caught, squished, and nobody follows them.  It's heroic and revolutionary when others decide to follow you and you start a movement.   History gets to decide but it's generally going to be hard on the trend setters. 
View Quote

What would be an example of such a heroic act?  Once done, how would the average suburbanite follow?

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:52:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Judging from both foreign history and our own, it would take a state or states seceding.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

But we don't have the same elements at play here as those you're probably thinking of.  We need economic collapse, hunger, and real oppression before anything will happen.  We don't have those things yet.

The point of the OP is that as long as people have a lot to lose, very very few are going to risk losing.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Opsec
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I had a thread along similar lines not long ago.

I think it much more likely that some leftist nuts, not conservatives will be the ones to start spraying bullets first.

They have a history of it and right now they see all these MAGA appointments in the reverse order we do. They hate America and it's a safe bet Mattis, etc do not...

They might even have paid leftists start mayhem, not like they haven't been caught at it before...then maybe BHO says things to incite it, perhaps appearing with the RINO's to show a bipartisan display of trying to heal the country by offering up a president who was neither candidate, like a Kasich or who ever, it doesn't matter who at that point.

That really will be the defining point in America though...

Life is mostly lived under illusions. Illusions of choice, people who want/need to believe the Disney crap about how the world works.

Look at how many women believe in "one true loves", or folks who try to say "trust in the government, innocent people don't run or hide", etc.

So many people want to believe that they are free. That they aren't in chains, except they are. The chains aren't made of steel, but family obligations. Not barbed wire prisons but walls of debt.

People enlist or do things hoping to make a better world, but pushing Trump out at this point would force all the those illusions to the surface. Would make folks realize how much they are truly OWNED by the powerful...

I think it could very well lead to nasty times..
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:57:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Just look for the III% tattoo. That's who will save us
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#21]
I have a list, dont you?  
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Speak for yourself. I've got three weeks of vacation saved up, plenty of time for a victorious revolution against our unarmed adversaries.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#23]
An internal war today would result in only one thing:  the fascist state.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This is the standard rebuttal to all the chest thumping, but truthfully know one can say with any certainty what others will do when that moment comes. If history is any indication, when it's time to Fo a percentage of motivated people will get it on.

ETA: the real irony is the OP's avatar in relation to his question.
View Quote

That guy had lost everything.  Speaking generally, Americans have not.  Until they do, they're not going to do shit.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

But we don't have the same elements at play here as those you're probably thinking of.  We need economic collapse, hunger, and real oppression before anything will happen.  We don't have those things yet.

The point of the OP is that as long as people have a lot to lose, very very few are going to risk losing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of that is necessary for a civil war.

State secedes due to irreconcilable ideological differences with the main government.

Main government trys to take state back.

Other states secede in anger

People in small communities pick sides

Begin to form militias to defend against each other

Now you have civil war on both state and local levels.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Plenty of full bellies have started wars; civil and foreign.

I don't know what it looks like. I don't know the logistics of it.  I don't even know the exact catalyst for it.

But I do know that you (not you per se) can't keep doing this forever--especially in a democratic republic.  At some point, there is a tipping point.  

And more than anything else, it's just going to require someone to lead it.  In the end, people are followers and no matter how resolute they may be in their convictions they won't take the initiative.  But they will follow someone who does.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have a list, dont you?  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Nice. I never thought of vacation days as something to add to my preps.  I like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The revolution would be one where conservatives will be extremely politically active and steam role the radical left by in acting laws that reverses the progressive agenda. This will in turn result with the left becoming more violent then they currently are. The left's violence will be met with physical resistance by conservatives.  Obama's legacy will be the Balkanization of America.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:08:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Talk among yourselves.  I gotta go run the snow blower.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Just shut up and march to the FEMA camps quickly and quietly please.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Peaceful protests, and counter protests

violent protests and counter protests

Riot

Government steps in, but cannot control <- the first shot at the national guard would be the new shot heard round the world. They would likely be unarmed the first go around, what happens next?

shooting war
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just shut up and march to the FEMA camps quickly and quietly please.  
View Quote

March?  I thought we got free train rides.  Im not fucking walking to my own death.  What is this....Japan?!
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Discuss.
View Quote

Your avatar relative to your statements.  I LOL'ed...

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#35]

OPSEC fail, somehow you found a picture of me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#36]
OP, you're kind of a piece of shit. People here say "do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants."

Not "I hope we get ants. Because that's how you get ants." HUGE DIFFERENCE. You're saying we want rebellion, revolution, civil war etc. No we're saying that they're doing things that may cause it.

Please don't be a POS going forward OP.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Well there was this one guy at this one pizza joint and everyone was supposed to follow along.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Riot

Government steps in, but cannot control <- the first shot at the national guard would be the new shot heard round the world. They would likely be unarmed the first go around, what happens next?

shooting war
View Quote

That could be a catalyst,  but from what (little) I know of history, It would still take something massive like say California seceding for there to be a true wide spread "revolution".

Don't really think this is the right word to use in the context for which OP is talking, but whateves.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#39]
I've seen "Do they want..."

I haven't seen "I hope they want..."
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Little things start big revolutions.

Kind of like the straws that break a camels back.

At the right time things just go with a little trigger.

who knows when or where.

I think we avoided a civil war with trumps election.

If something was to get in the way of him being president it just might not be the trigger but it would enable a trigger event.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#41]
thing is, by the time the public is ready/pissed off enough for revolution it is almost always too late for one to be successful. too late for the revolution to have the desired results.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#42]
There has never been a revolution because there has not been a need. In spite of our differences, we have followed the rule of law, and accepted the results of our political process no matter how distasteful.

If one side were to actually do something extraordinary to circumvent the system, I would expect to see a different result.

Say for example, the electoral college refused to endorse Trump, I would expect to see III % of the population show up by the bus load at the capitol to insist they reconsider.  

They might be armed.

But it's mere speculation at this point, and I expect it will remain so. For all the jabbering, we will continue to follow the rules, and Trump will be inaugurated on January 20, 2017
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Stop thinking revolution and start thinking coup. This wouldn't be a country split with a Mason-Dixon line. But it doesn't matter, we president now!
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:23:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Economic Collapse. You said it. Cut fiber trunk lines, blow gas and oil pipelines, take out electric substations nation wide for starters. Think rioting on a technological sabotage level. Bring the nations infra structure to its knees. Not that I approve, I hate being cold.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#45]
First take something like BLM or Occupy, and imagine that it actually had popular support.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Watch the documentary Winter on Fire. That lays it all out.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That could be a catalyst,  but from what (little) I know of history, It would still take something massive like say California seceding for there to be a true wide spread "revolution".

Don't really think this is the right word to use in the context for which OP is talking, but whateves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Riot

shooting war

Wouldn't have to be a huge event. Watch the Netflix doc "winter on fire" about Ukraine.  What mnswede posted could very well start something.

https://youtu.be/RibAQHeDia8
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#48]
OP, if you haven't gotten your badge in the mail, it's already to late.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#49]
I could tell you but, I'd be an idiot for putting it on an internet forum for anyone to read and use against me later. If there comes a time to take action, there are plenty of us that know what to do and how to do it.

Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:25:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Not really thumping my chest, but I hate my job enough to quit and go march if it came down to it .

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top