Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 8:00:54 PM EDT
This one appears to be a stand alone bill unrelated to the AWB.  Sorry if dupe

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/28/high-capacity-magazines-bill_n_2376838.html
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
My new hobby; every time I read an article (more so when my rep is in it) that pisses me off, I send and email to my representation in the House and Senate.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
interesting:

CORRECTION: This article previously stated that no Republicans have expressed support for a ban on high-capacity magazines. A reader points out that Rep. Tom Petri (R-Wis.) has called such legislation "helpful," while incoming Rep. Chris Stewart (R-Utah) said he would "consider looking at some of the larger magazines" as a response to the Newtown shootings.

Yep someone needs to start writing those two asshats
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#4]
We are working on a 5 round mag limit here in NJ right now. That is right, wheel guns will be the new "assault rifles" here if/when that passes.

One step at a time folks, they are taking our rights away.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#5]
"I'm not so naïve as to think that we can pass some law that will stop a deranged person from taking a gun and shooting people," DeGette told The Huffington Post two weeks ago.

Yes, Ms. DeGette, you are that naive. Hence, your support for this stupid bill.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Why stop at five, I'm writing the New Jersey state reps to ban anything over one. I mean what sensible gun owner needs more than one shot for hunting? You know, what sensible hunter needs a gun? A bow is a better weapon anyway.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We are working on a 5 round mag limit here in NJ right now. That is right, wheel guns will be the new "assault rifles" here if/when that passes.

This,
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why stop at five, I'm writing the New Jersey state reps to ban anything over one. I mean what sensible gun owner needs more than one shot for hunting? You know, what sensible hunter needs a gun? A bow is a better weapon anyway.

Better not have any more than 3 rounds in your assault quiver.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Two Rs seem to be vocally supportive of this.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
interesting:

CORRECTION: This article previously stated that no Republicans have expressed support for a ban on high-capacity magazines. A reader points out that Rep. Tom Petri (R-Wis.) has called such legislation "helpful," while incoming Rep. Chris Stewart (R-Utah) said he would "consider looking at some of the larger magazines" as a response to the Newtown shootings.

If I were a member of congress I would publicly state that I would 'consider' such a bill.  Once the consideration process was completed the bill would be filed appropriately.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I have to admit it's fun to watch these fucwits repeat history. For one thing it won't pass the house so I'm not worried. That said the mid terms will be coming up in less than 2 years. The Dems have done an outstanding job firing up the GOP base in recent weeks. I look for a good old fashioned ass-whooping like in '94.

It will be fun to see the great 0bungo get the news the day after the midterms...all because he and his minions went full retard on guns.....again. The strategists warned the Dems not long ago that when it came to guns just 2 words *shut-up*...but they won't listen.

Yeah, keep going full retard baby....
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
interesting:

hit those fuckers up. I just emailed the honorable Wisconsin Congressman to remind him that I will be supporting his opponent in any way possible. We don't need any more RINO's.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#13]
There will be a series of this sort of bill this session. Every time they make a push, they put several bills and amendments out there, hoping one/some will pass. Standard liberal tactic. Still dangerous, and we'd better pay close attention to every one of them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:31:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
interesting:

hit those fuckers up. I just emailed the honorable Wisconsin Congressman to remind him that I will be supporting his opponent in any way possible. We don't need any more RINO's.

Is there any place I can get a letter template... I'm no good at writing letters!

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#17]
see above,
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
From Chris Stewart's Facebook page earlier today:

Hey friends!

I've received a lot of phone calls today regarding a few articles and I think it's necessary to make myself clear: I fully support the right to keep and bear arms as stated in the Second Amendment and I don't support any abridgment to that right.

I will fight any attempts to weaken our 2nd amendment rights. I do not believe that limiting assault weapons nor magazine capacities is appropriate under the Second Amendment. Furthermore, I do not believe that taking such steps would have any practical effect on limiting gun violence.

I was very clear on these points throughout the interview with the Salt Lake Tribune. However, as happens too often, the story took one observation I made about the usefulness of high-capacity magazines and turned it into a headline that did not reflect my actual views.

Not everything you read in the press accurately reflects my positions and I will stumble sometimes as well. Thanks for all the outreach, and I'll try to respond to each of your messages.

Best Wishes,

https://www.facebook.com/ChrisStewartforCongress?ref=stream
Wait... WAIT A MINUTE!!! are you trying to tell us that the media would take someone's words and twist them around to make them look bad? REALLY?

Actually, this politician got caught and is now blaming it on the media.

Let's see what he said...

"I would consider looking at some of the larger magazines and other things if it gave us an opportunity to talk about the other things as well," ... "Let’s talk about the big picture"
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#20]
And the incoming representative criticized the proposed arming of teachers, calling it "a bad idea," in his most extensive comments on the gun debate sparked by the Newtown, Conn., school shooting.

Stewart takes the oath of office on Jan. 3 and will enter the U.S. House as a Republican, a former Air Force pilot and a self-described "Second Amendment guy." He’s also the son and brother of teachers.

"Most of these teachers have no interest or no background that would give them any comfort at all being the primary source of defense," he said on Thursday, the same day the Utah Shooting Sports Council provided free concealed-weapons training to more than 150 Utah educators and school employees.

Stewart also expressed his skepticism of the National Rifle Association’s push to have an armed guard or police officer in every public school.

"A lot of people are not comfortable having armed guards at grade schools," said Stewart, who thought doing so would also be an expensive undertaking.

The NRA has suggested it would cost $2 billion to place armed guards in schools, although in a CNN interview on Thursday, NRA President David Keene clarified the group’s stance, saying each school should decide how to protect its students.

The NRA endorsed Stewart in Utah’s 2nd Congressional District — which contains all of Salt Lake City and runs south to St. George — after giving him a 92 percent rating on its annual scorecard.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/55535097-90/armed-control-gun-health.html.csp
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Stewart declined to take a position on a proposed assault-weapons ban, supported by President Barack Obama, until he was able to see the details.

Utah’s five other members of Congress oppose an assault-weapons ban and have not voiced support for any specific gun-control measure since the Newtown shootings, though Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, appeared on ABC’s This Week and said the nation should talk about "the intersection of a lethal weapon and how it relates to mental health."
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Whoops!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:53:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm going to be busy sending more emails out tomorrow, thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:18:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Just got done writing my Congress people via the link on the MAC youtube video about the AWB
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:15:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hey friends!

I've received a lot of phone calls today regarding a few articles and I think it's necessary to make myself clear: I fully support the right to keep and bear arms as stated in the Second Amendment and I don't support any abridgment to that right.

I will fight any attempts to weaken our 2nd amendment rights. I do not believe that limiting assault weapons nor magazine capacities is appropriate under the Second Amendment. Furthermore, I do not believe that taking such steps would have any practical effect on limiting gun violence.

I was very clear on these points throughout the interview with the Salt Lake Tribune. However, as happens too often, the story took one observation I made about the usefulness of high-capacity magazines and turned it into a headline that did not reflect my actual views.

Not everything you read in the press accurately reflects my positions and I will stumble sometimes as well. Thanks for all the outreach, and I'll try to respond to each of your messages.

Best Wishes,

https://www.facebook.com/ChrisStewartforCongress?ref=stream

If nothing else, this fuckhead is missing some quotation marks. just like a newly-elected rep. from North Dakota. "Assault weapon" and "high-capacity magazine" sounds much better to my ear.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:17:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This,

WE FIGHT NOW.... OR NEVER
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:46:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
interesting:

If I were a member of congress I would publicly state that I would 'consider' such a bill.  Once the consideration process was completed the bill would be filed appropriately.

"Consider" has a lot of meanings in politics, in order of least likely to most likely. It can mean he really is debating the bill of philosophical grounds, it can mean that he doesn't want to take political heat for rejecting it outright, it can mean I have no clue what you are talking about but don't want to be called uninformed, and it can mean "I have every intention of voting for this bill but I want an appointment or some pork for my vote".

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:53:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Add the national concealed carry bill to it, add language to it to allow within 1000' of school zones if CCWd, and force the Dems to swallow that pill if they've got the votes for hi-cap magazines.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Add the national concealed carry bill to it, add language to it to allow within 1000' of school zones if CCWd, and force the Dems to swallow that pill if they've got the votes for hi-cap magazines.

Trade a right for a privilage? Fuck that.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#31]
fuck this shit
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Two Rs seem to be vocally supportive of this.

Two Rs needn't be re-elected next time their seats are up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:43:00 AM EDT
[#33]
AWB will fail, mag ban might pass.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This. I think it's one or those get everyone so wound up over the awb and then offer this as an alternative
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#35]
I tried emailing my state's congressmen, but I could only get through to Bobby Scott () and Cantor... Time to flood their phones.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#36]
What's the soonist anyone could get one of these passed? Seems like it takes months and months of getting sent back and forth from the house and senate before it is even signed. Just wondering how much time I have to stock up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That is my fear.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Its called a 'poison pill'

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is my fear.

That's what I'm thinking too... Looks like it's California-style grandfathering, ie no transfers.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Yep. And if it passes anyway, at least we get something out of it. Just like the Antis did with FOPA and the MG ban.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is my fear.

That's what I'm thinking too... Looks like it's California-style grandfathering, ie no transfers.

That will be about 10% as effective as the "war on drugs"

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Yep. And if it passes anyway, at least we get something out of it. Just like the Antis did with FOPA and the MG ban.

Exactly.

Make the anti gunners swallow something they don't like.

Yeah some moderates playing both sides may love something like this (ban + reciprocity) but so what?

'Poison pill' is all it is
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Call everyone
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey friends!

Best Wishes,
https://www.facebook.com/ChrisStewartforCongress?ref=stream[/quote

If you are at all familiar with Utah and its news media you already know that The Salt Lake Tribune is a liberal rag of the first magnitude.  The make up shit all the time.  Their misquotes and misstatements with no retractions are legendary.  However we in Utah are watching Chris Stewart very closely and will kick him in the ass every time he even thinks of getting out of line on the Second Amendment.  In Utah we have no problem booting incumbents out on their butts if they stray off the reservation.  Don't think so?  Ask former incumbent Senator Bob Bennett along time Republican who got dumped in a caucus fight in 2010, he didn't even make it to primary.  Ask Chris Cannon a 6 term Republican congressman who got too big for his britches and more or less told his constituents to take a hike.  We dumped his sorry ass and replaced him with Jason Chaffetz of Fast & Furious fame.

I'll give Chris Stewart this one strike (if he was quoted correctly by the Salt lake Tribune).  But one strike only.  One more anti Second Amendment statement and he'll find his ass primaried 18 months from now.  I can guarantee you he will be a one term wonder.  

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is my fear.

How?  Magazines arent serialized.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
interesting:

Please contact these RINOs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top