Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/1/2015 9:40:03 PM EDT
Fuck me indeed. I held eye contact with some urban youths that were eyeing me down at a gas station I frequent. I guess I look too much like a cop. People suspect I'm mil or LE every so often and I never thought much of it before, but this time it made me a bit uneasy. Careful guys, your polos and cargo pants might make you look like a cop. And that may not be a good thing at this current time.

And LE, watch your backs out there. Even out of uniform.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Fuck me indeed. I held eye contact with some urban youths that were eyeing me down at a gas station I frequent. I guess I look too much like a cop. People suspect I'm mil or LE every so often and I never thought much of it before, but this time it made me a bit uneasy. Careful guys, your polos and cargo pants might make you look like a cop. And that may not be a good thing at this current time.

View Quote

I'm through fucking around with it. These bastards have brought a lot of shit down and that's how it's gonna be.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#3]
A shitty situation indeed.  But now I'm curious, and have a question for the cops here.  What's the standard response to someone saying shit like "fuck you pig"?  In uniform or not.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some guys on our department dress 24/7 off duty in Blue line shirts and all kinds of stuff that screams "cop."  I try to blend.  I look like about the last person you would ever think is a cop.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Where in FL?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Some guys on our department dress 24/7 off duty in Blue line shirts and all kinds of stuff that screams "cop."  I try to blend.  I look like about the last person you would ever think is a cop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck 'em. These folks are going to get the fight they are looking for and it's not going to end well for them.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Where in FL?
View Quote

SW. Damn snowbird area too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A shitty situation indeed.  But now I'm curious, and have a question for the cops here.  What's the standard response to someone saying shit like "fuck you pig"?  In uniform or not.
View Quote

They get the same blank look i give anyone else that i come across that i have no reason to contact
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got into a little bit of trouble for "Smile, Jesus loves you too, dude!"

Apparently, my former boss did not think that it was appropriate for me to mention Jesus on duty, and especially not humorously.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What's the standard response to someone saying shit like "fuck you pig"?  In uniform or not.
View Quote

"Fuck you too"
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:49:18 PM EDT
[#12]
A couple of months ago  while waiting for a teller at my bank an individual leaving said to me, "hello officer."

I am not, nor have ever been, LEO so all be aware!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

"Fuck you too"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the standard response to someone saying shit like "fuck you pig"?  In uniform or not.

"Fuck you too"

This.  

I'm not sure that they understand what they're asking for.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where in FL?

Hot damn.

Glad it didn't escalate.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:54:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

"Fuck you too"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Fuck you too"

" Fuck you too you punk ass bitch" in uniform or not.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

That. It could save your damn life, don't play dress-up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#17]
You civilian types need to quit try'n to look so tacticool and start wearing kakis and white T's.  Oh and get some Snapple and Skittles then they'll never suspect......
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Winter is soon approaching. The thugs will go into hibernation and coat weather will allow me to ccw my AR pistol.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

People have gotten me that shit for Christmas and birthdays.  None of it's ever been worn.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

This:

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I got asked if I was a cop a few times so I ditched the shaved head. Now I get random people telling me like I look like "E" from Entourage.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You civilian types need to quit try'n to look so tacticool and start wearing kakis and white T's.  Oh and get some Snapple and Skittles then they'll never suspect......
View Quote

I was in my work clothes, and skittles aren't on my diet!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

People have gotten me that shit for Christmas and birthdays.  None of it's ever been worn.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Same.  I'll wear it around the house at night and stuff or if I workout at home but I never leave my property in it.  Not worth it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where in FL?

Tampa ?

Myers?

I'll be down there next year.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

You scared bro?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

Back when I wore Belleville boots, before I discovered something better, it was baffling how many people asked if I was in the military. Even a cop on a traffic stop. Switched to Lowas and that went away.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

You should have replied, " Hey kid, I think I threw my back out bangin' your mom."
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I give a shit eating I dare you smile, and tell them "Have a nice day!"

Much better they run their yap and out themselves than only having body language to go on.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I got asked if I was a cop a few times so I ditched the shaved head. Now I get random people telling me like I look like "E" from Entourage.
View Quote

I've always gotten the "you look like a cop"  shit from people.  I stopped shaving and grew out my hair, shaved the sides Peaky Blinders style.  Now I probably look like an undercover cop.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

Forgot the Snapple but had some Skittles for the grandkids

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Fuck 'em. These folks are going to get the fight they are looking for and it's not going to end well for them.

View Quote

this
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wat? My 1911 prints way to much with a white T, and I'd never be seen in public wearing khakis. Fuck all that noise.

Skittles I can do, but that may invite confrontation in itself....
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:02:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My dad designs jails. One of my favorite cops I've met we went hunting with a few times. Always was wearing big pot leaf shirts, and N.W.A. Fuck the Police shirts off duty.

He has a great story about a guy he'd busted about 6 times for possession of weed who walked up to him and said he liked the shirt. Then asked if he (cop) knew where he could get some weed. Cop didn't miss a beat, and told the guy, I think I have a few samples in evidence from arresting you.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

If only you were so lucky

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:03:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have laughed, I have said/done nothing, I have agreed ("yes, I am a pig...you should see my grocery bill").  Most of the time, I don't even dignify the shit with a response.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:05:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Perhaps "I'll blow your house down" would work.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Laughter
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I usually laugh and flip em off.

I was honking my horn (in my patrol car) today at a group of protesters with "Honk if you hate the police" signs outside of city hall. The did not wave back as I drove away from the light.

If I'm really in a mood I'll fire off a bunch of ghetto slang insults at em.

J-
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Cop or not.  Just smile. No words needed.  Probably a trap anyway.............

You're on YouTube.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

"Fuck you too"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Fuck you too"

https://youtu.be/skHqcFKhydk
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ummmmmm..... the pigs lived in the houses and the Big Bad Wolf blew them down bruh!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Also - I am personally very tired of the whole "Black staredown" thing lately. It's happening more and more.

I stare back now - and watch.

No I'm not intimidated, but my threat meter goes up considerably. Ive about had it with this shit lately.

I live in a very rural area, but work in a heavy black population city. The attitude has gotten considerably more aggressive over the last 6 months.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just asking for trouble in my opinion to dress like that.

1. dress like that and take the chance to get murdered over it
2. dress like the other 99% and blend in

Not a real tough choice if you ask me
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:09:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote
Smile, point a finger at them, and "catch you later homie"' the squeeze the trigger.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree.  The last thing I want to be wearing when I'm at the zoo with my family is a blue line shirt or something similar.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Ummmmmm..... the pigs lived in the houses and the Big Bad Wolf blew them down bruh!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

getting old  

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#47]

In situations like that I do and think the least amount possible.  Maybe just make a tiny mental note on any associated vehicles.

It helps me forget those oxygen wasting fuckers in nanoseconds.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#48]
I have been asked if i'm military while waiting on line at security at the airport more than once, Of course it was by the idiots at Hartsfield so...
Then they see my boarding pass and take me to a little room and question the hell out of me and bring in my checked baggage.
I will only fly if its more than a two day drive.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

"Fuck you too"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Fuck you too"

Who'd a thunk it
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:14:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Not until I'm done with yo mama."  

**I'm not a cop, and this is is definitely not what my cop husband would say, but it's totally what everyone should say.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top