Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2010 12:17:31 PM EDT
No bladeing, no draw down was used in the making of this story.  But the cool story bro might be appropriate.  

I was at a BBQ this weekend and one older union worker and registered Democrat was bashing Obama and all of the new policies.  It was amusing to hear how some people's ideas have changed.  Of course, one person starts to defend Obama and bash people as racist and defending the NAACP's proclamation on the Tea Party.  

So I asked a simple question.  "Why do you think the Tea Party is racist?"  To his credit he did not believe the account of the Senators that happened in DC.  But all of his answers started with "I believe..."   or "I feel..."  I pushed a little more by telling him I understand he feels/believes the Tea Party is racist but what have they done to make you feel that way?  

At this point he was stumped and called his wife over for help.  They discuss my question and came back with that all the rally that they see on TV contains all white people and they are anti-immigration.  

OK, let's stay with your first point of how the rallies are mostly white.  There are no racist signs at the rallies, and those that do bring them are asked to leave.  Second, you are at a party where there is only one non-white, does that make your racist?  And lastly, if an organization hires people with their race as a criteria is that organization racist?

They both agree that they have not seen a racist sign on TV.  That a party is different than a rally and so is the NAACP.  Because there are different levels of racism.  

Of course I reply, why is one form a racism ok but others are not?  Either it applies to both sides equally or it is worthless.  The wife agreed with me and the husband kept trying to go back to his feelings.  Both had a shell-shocked look on their faces.  At this point the husband did not even want to get on immigration and walked away.

It was actually a very civil discussion. Once they got past their feelings they really didn't have much of an argument.  I kewp hearing arfcom discuss this fact but never put it to use until now.  It was interesting to see how they tried to twist things as being different but when pressed they admitted that there was no difference.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 12:20:56 PM EDT
FACTS

Guaranteed to shut down liberal arguments on contact.

_MaH
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 12:21:25 PM EDT

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 12:25:41 PM EDT
Well done!  I would have taken the time to discuss bullet placement and the inherent non-racist aspects of such. It would have helped them "know thine enemy".
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 12:27:01 PM EDT
Usually, presenting facts to a liberal immediately results in a personal attack or some form of name-calling.

On another front, I recall getting my paradigms smashed once. I nearly threw up. A man should protect his paradigms at all times.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 12:28:24 PM EDT
good job
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 12:30:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mike128:
No bladeing, no draw down was used in the making of this story.  But the cool story bro might be appropriate.  

I was at a BBQ this weekend and one older union worker and registered Democrat was bashing Obama and all of the new policies.  It was amusing to hear how some people's ideas have changed.  Of course, one person starts to defend Obama and bash people as racist and defending the NAACP's proclamation on the Tea Party.  

So I asked a simple question.  "Why do you think the Tea Party is racist?"  To his credit he did not believe the account of the Senators that happened in DC.  But all of his answers started with "I believe..."   or "I feel..."  I pushed a little more by telling him I understand he feels/believes the Tea Party is racist but what have they done to make you feel that way?  

At this point he was stumped and called his wife over for help.  They discuss my question and came back with that all the rally that they see on TV contains all white people and they are anti-immigration.  

OK, let's stay with your first point of how the rallies are mostly white.  There are no racist signs at the rallies, and those that do bring them are asked to leave.  Second, you are at a party where there is only one non-white, does that make your racist?  And lastly, if an organization hires people with their race as a criteria is that organization racist?

They both agree that they have not seen a racist sign on TV.  That a party is different than a rally and so is the NAACP.  Because there are different levels of racism.  

Of course I reply, why is one form a racism ok but others are not?  Either it applies to both sides equally or it is worthless.  The wife agreed with me and the husband kept trying to go back to his feelings.  Both had a shell-shocked look on their faces.  At this point the husband did not even want to get on immigration and walked away.

It was actually a very civil discussion. Once they got past their feelings they really didn't have much of an argument.  I kewp hearing arfcom discuss this fact but never put it to use until now.  It was interesting to see how they tried to twist things as being different but when pressed they admitted that there was no difference.

Well done.

I've argued liberals into a corner many times myself.  I've only ran into a handful of liberals that were able to hold their ground to the point that it was simply a genuine difference of opinion.  I actually respect liberals who truly believe what they believe and aren't fooling themselves.  They are few and far between though so it's not like I have to dole that respect out often.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 12:41:40 PM EDT
Seems like the Williams steppedo n his dick with his posted satire.

I agree with his original premise, but the execution lacked a lot to be desired.

no more Tea Party express.  No more Mark Williams
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 12:41:46 PM EDT
A liberal that can process a factual argument is not going to be very liberal for very long.   A defining characteristic of a true liberal is that

they do not think in logical, rational terms very much, and instead are far more based on "feelings" in their decision making processes.

If you can engage a liberal in a rational discussion,  which can be a challenge,   it can be a very productive conversation.
The facts are on our side.  As long as others are open to the facts, we will gain ground.

CJ

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 12:44:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 12:48:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TWIRE:

On another front, I recall getting my paradigms smashed once. I nearly threw up. A man should protect his paradigms at all times.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:46:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Fearlessleader01:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Inconceivable
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:53:32 AM EDT
You are correct the "Tea Party" and "NAACP" are not racist.....

Minorities can not be racist. A Racist can only be part of the controling class, in most Southern States.. thats Mexican.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:43:26 PM EDT

Usually, presenting facts to a liberal immediately results in a personal attack or some form of name-calling.

Yeah, those para-dig-um's are mighty sensitive to a good smashing.

-K

Top Top