Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 6:14:32 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:29:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/23/2017 6:30:14 PM EST by deerranger]
I have been through many locksets and then I found Baldwins, they are not cheap and they are very good.
They just feel like a million bucks when you turn them.
They are guaranteed for life, if something happens you just snap a pic of it and send it to them and they send you another one.

I think I got mine at HD but Amazon has them or you can get them direct.
Baldwin locksets
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:31:33 PM EST
You wont find the better quality ones you're talking about at Home Depot.  Medeco is a great place to start.  Order them online.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:16:08 PM EST
medco
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:47:11 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By reelserious:
medco
View Quote
Those are good. Bump proof (spring loaded pins ) commercial Schlage is good. I run a dimple key lock on the door from the garage to inside house
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:14:45 PM EST
Sargent, Schlage commercial line, Russwin, Corbin, or for $$$$$$$$ fo with BEST locks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:56:23 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By deerranger:
I have been through many locksets and then I found Baldwins, they are not cheap and they are very good.
They just feel like a million bucks when you turn them.
They are guaranteed for life, if something happens you just snap a pic of it and send it to them and they send you another one.

I think I got mine at HD but Amazon has them or you can get them direct.
Baldwin locksets
View Quote
Baldwin locks are solid... but a lot of Baldwin doorknob models still don't auto-unlock when you open them from the thumbturn/inside side, and will lock you out. DAMHIKT on a second floor screen porch.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:12:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/24/2017 9:13:43 AM EST by MateFrio]
Above suggestions are good.

You're a bit late if someone had a key the previous owner forgot about.

When we purchased our house I rekeyed my locks the same day we moved in with a kit from Home Depot.  

I know someone who had identity theft hell for 10 years because a previous tenant had a key to their house and mailbox.

Take the time to also replace any door screws with longer ones and consider a strike plate.
Top Top