Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/13/2010 8:08:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Of those three: Wendy's
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Wendys.  But the best burger for buck is the dollar menu McDouble.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Rally's/Checkers
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:11:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I eat fastfood about once a month.  when i do, I always make it burger king for a whopper or a chicken sandwich.  Their fry's are the best too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Had the McDonald's 1/3lb angus burger yesterday when I was driving from UT to IL. What a shitty burger, I'll take Carl's Jr. or Wendy's over that turd any day of the week.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Its kind of a toss up between the Wendy's Baconator and BK Double Whopper with cheese for me.

If I'm someplace I've never been before I usually choose Wendy's though, Whoppers can be kind of hit or miss depending on the place.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:13:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Wendy's.  Unless McRibs are in season.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Nothing compares to Wendy's.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#11]
hardees.
but the amount of obese people in there makes me regret going there each time.
i have been off the fast food meals for the past 9 months though.
not good for Triathlon training
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I typically eat at burger king because it's on campus. But Wendies is great stuff.

I fucking hate MacDonnalds.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#14]
It's all pretty bad.  But I gotta go with Wendy's because of the 5 piece mystery chicken for only a dollar.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I try not to eat burgers from fast food chains as they generally taste like shit, but sometimes you are traveling and you are left with few choices and for better or for worse... the chains are known commodities, seem to be everywhere, will not break the bank and since the shit is pretty much assembly line food, it is hard to fuck up beyond its already fucked up state.

So out of the major national chains: McDonald's (30,000 plus locations), Burger King (12,000 locations) and Wendy's (6.500 locations) which is your go to choice?

Mine used to be Wendy's followed very reluctantly by BK and never EVER McDonald's.  Since the Black Angus burgers were introduced at McDonald's I find I can choke it down without too much pain and McDonald's moves into second place behind Wendy's.  However, as there are about 1/5 the number of Wendy's as there are McDonald's, McDonald's would be my choice just on availability.

Out of those three, and ONLY those three, which would be your go to choice in a pinch?

Of those things, Burger Thing...

Only ones that beat BK are Jack in the Box (Aka. 'Crack in the Box' or 'Jack in the Crack') and CarlsJr/Hardees...

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I try not to eat burgers from fast food chains as they generally taste like shit, but sometimes you are traveling and you are left with few choices and for better or for worse... the chains are known commodities, seem to be everywhere, will not break the bank and since the shit is pretty much assembly line food, it is hard to fuck up beyond its already fucked up state.

So out of the major national chains: McDonald's (30,000 plus locations), Burger King (12,000 locations) and Wendy's (6.500 locations) which is your go to choice?

Mine used to be Wendy's followed very reluctantly by BK and never EVER McDonald's.  Since the Black Angus burgers were introduced at McDonald's I find I can choke it down without too much pain and McDonald's moves into second place behind Wendy's.  However, as there are about 1/5 the number of Wendy's as there are McDonald's, McDonald's would be my choice just on availability.

Out of those three, and ONLY those three, which would be your go to choice in a pinch?

Only ones that beat BK are Jack in the Box (Aka. 'Crack in the Box' or 'Jack in the Crack') and CarlsJr/Hardees...

Yup, OP you should add Carl's Junior / Hardees.  It's the same company.

ETA:  Can a poll be changed??
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah people obviously don't read the OP.

I find BK burgers are less "flat shit" when you get them. A charbroiled whopper doesn't leave me feeling like I need to shit a brick, either.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Backyard Burger for me, even if it costs about $1-2 more per person.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Wendy's.

Great, thanks for posting this.  Now it's after midnight and I am hungry again.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I think McDonalds went down hill since I was a kid in the 80's.  Now their burgers taste dry and hardly even resemble real food.  If i'm on the road and its between McDonalds or a gas station, I take the gas station beef jerky every time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Wendy's.  I love the Baconator and the Jr Bacon Cheese, but my favorite is the mushroom swiss burger from DQ.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#24]
The only burgers I love are Whataburgers. Eat them like crazy when I go to Texas to visit my family. God I love that state.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Hardees/Carl's jr above all.

Wendy's I guess would have to be my pick out of the three/
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Just depends on my mood. They're all decent enough.

Frankly, it has more to do with the employees preparing the burgers...

because done right they're all damn good, but they can all really suck ass too.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't think I've ever eaten a fast food burger and thought "man that was good" but if I was forced to pick I think I'd go with hardees thick burger or 7 dollar burger or whatever they call the one that isn't part of their dollar menu.  Forced to pick between the original 3, wendy's i suppose but I'd rather have their chicken sammich.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Back Yard Burger hands down
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Carl's Jr.$5 burgers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#32]
All 3 suck, but of the 3, Wendys would be my first choice of last resort...

McDonalds turns my crap to an awesome shade of FDE with the consistency of spackle...

I used to work next to a crematorium and didn't know it, and every time I caught the smell I wondered where the BK was because they smell exactly the same... I haven't eaten at a BK in over 20 years because of that...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Carls Jr
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#35]
I prefer Whataburger, out of those 3 Wendy's wins every time for me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#36]
A choice of those 3, I will have to go with Wendy's. If local. it's Green Oaks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on!  Seriously, BK??????  I guess I'm not surprised.

Wendy's Spicey Chicken Sandwich W/Cheese FTFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#38]
If I HAD to pick one of the three......McDonalds.  Their salads are decent.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#39]
I voted Wendy's, but given a larger choice, I'd say Steak 'n Shake or Rally's.

McDonald's =
Burger King = not quite
Wendy's = Meh.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wendy's.

Great, thanks for posting this.  Now it's after midnight and I am hungry again.

What? The drive through closes at 12? I think ours stay open till 1 or 2.

Quoted:
I voted Wendy's, but given a larger choice, I'd say Steak 'n Shake or Rally's.

RAGE!!! There's been rumors of a Steak n' Shake opening in these parts for the last three years, and nothings come to fruition...   I've been wanting to go there since I first heard of them 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Wendy's
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on!  Seriously, BK??????  I guess I'm not surprised.
Wendy's Spicey Chicken Sandwich W/Cheese FTFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.faithfulprovisions.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/wendys-chicken-sand.jpg

That's not a hamburger.
That's a CHICKEN sandwich.
Of Wendys, McD's and BK, BK has the best BURGERS (Steakhouse)...

McD's would now be 2nd, vis-a-vis 'Angus' burger...

Wendys comes in last...

If I want fast-food chicken, I'll go to Popeyes.

If we add in off-list choices, it goes something like:

Hardees/Carls Jr

Jack in the Box

BK

McDs

Wendys

'Steak N Shake', 'Checkers', and such aren't really national chains...

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Wendy's, but they aren't as good since Dave died.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#44]
my guy would vote IN N OUT, until recently it has always been confined to the west coast, but i doubt the chain will go completely national.
I swear he could eat that at least 4-5 days a week
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Wendy's followed by Carl's/Hardees.....

Braums in OK has the best fast food burgers, but not national...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Out of the top 3...

Wendys (they at least try to be food)

McDonalds (best fries (which, after all, are a vehicle for grease and salt - nothing more)), and then promise to be empty, slightly tolerable calories.

Burger King... .  I'll never understand how anyone can rate BK over... well... anything.  They use the same crap "beef" (and that's an insult to shit wallowing feed lot bovines the world over) is the same as McD's, and they try to cover the fail with what might as well be bukake scrapings.  The shit is fucking nasty.

Regional - Carl's Jr has some edible stuff, Good Times actually starts to resemble something you might take off the grill if your a bit lazy about grilling, but not to lazy to grill for yourself.

All that being said, I'd rather eat subway.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Whataburger is the best,yet often she's left out of burger polls.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Hardee's followed by Burger King
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:02:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Carl's Jr / Hardee's beats all three, but Wendy's is the most tolerable of the choices given...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:07:41 PM EDT
[#50]
For me... The Guacamole Bacon Six Dollar Burger.  Hands down.

But from among what you list... classic triple with cheese.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top