Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2010 3:11:03 PM EDT

So, my Wife thinks I'm sick for having watched "American Psycho" a dozen times (I've also read the book).  Am I alone or is it one of the best movies of the new century?

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't care for it. At all.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Patrick Bateman: Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?
Paul Allen: They're OK.
Patrick Bateman: Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
Paul Allen: Hey Halberstram.
Patrick Bateman: Yes, Allen?
Paul Allen: Why are their copies of the style section all over the place, d-do you have a dog? A little chow or something?
Patrick Bateman: No, Allen.
Paul Allen: Is that a rain coat?
Patrick Bateman: Yes it is! In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.
[raises axe above head]

Yes, I like it.  I also love his rant on the business cards.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#3]
loved the movie! just saw it for the first time about a month ago.. thought it was epic!
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Christian Bale's finest performance to date.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Is that a raincoat?
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Movie is only fair, book is much better. I do have a desire to see American Psycho 2 with Mila Kunis although I heard it is simply awful.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome book. Awesome.
Movie was pretty damn good also.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't just stare at it eat it!
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes, I like it.  I also love his rant on the business cards.

I had a corporate job and, I swear, it was just like that scene.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Patrick Bateman: Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

I thought it was a pretty good movie.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So, my Wife thinks I'm sick for having watched "American Psycho" a dozen times (I've also read the book).  Am I alone or is it one of the best movies of the new century?

When I first met my girlfriend, this was one of the first movies I brought over for us to watch I laughed my ass off. Im surprised she didnt leave cause i was laughing at people getting hacked up. But seriously what is funnier than Chainsaw Sniping... ( the part where Christian throws the chainsaw down the spiraling staircase.) That movie is freakin amazing. It was such a shame the 2nd one sucked so much ass. I didnt make it more than 45 min into #2

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Good movie, even better book.  My favorite part in the book is when they are in the Hamptons and  he goes out at night and eats the sand, and then microwaves the dead crab, or whatever it was.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Movie is only fair, book is much better. I do have a desire to see American Psycho 2 with Mila Kunis although I heard it is simply awful.

It's shit
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:22:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Didn't care for it. At all.

this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top