Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/30/2015 9:13:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:17:07 PM EDT
They suck, but I find this whole narrative a bit silly.  It is not like many poor and middle class people don't put limits on their children as well. I really doubt this narrative played into the judges original decision, probably cut him a break more for his age than anything else.  Anyway, I hope this shit gets his probation revoked and the book thrown at the mother.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:17:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/30/2015 9:18:10 PM EDT by YourAlterEgo]
I thought the staying in Mexico thing today was interesting.  "We think we may let them hang out here for a bit".

Wondered from the beginning how much we were going to have to pay to get them here.  Figured we'd offer whatever the reward was.  Money talks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:17:37 PM EDT
If they still have that much money, won't the kid and mother be prime kidnapping targets for the cartels if they plan to stay in Mexico?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:20:50 PM EDT
read today that a Mexican court has put a temp hold on the extradition process.

I assume some Mexican judges bank account just got larger.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:25:09 PM EDT
Family of scum. Lock them all up. "Kid" deserves death, but that won't happen.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:27:18 PM EDT
I would bet Homeowner's and a General liability (umbrella) policy paid most of the lawsuit settlements.  Most folks with real money have GL policies for just this sort of thing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:28:20 PM EDT
The Dad owns Cleburne Sheet Metal in Fort Worth, TX

They are supposed to have about 15 Million in sales a year, so they can replenish the funds.  Maybe if people stop doing business with them they would get the picture.  Both Parents had run ins with the law before, and big surprise always just payed it off....

Read the reviews
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:29:08 PM EDT
Once again, all you anti-abortionists.....
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:31:32 PM EDT
Insurance covered the settlements.   Their rates may have gone up a hair.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:34:52 PM EDT

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Coop4570:

View Quote
not like they haven't paid off a judge before

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:36:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bud:
View Quote

You positive about that, source?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:37:33 PM EDT
View Quote

They must have had a wicked insurance policy.  Most likely they were dropped from their coverage.  The lawsuits would have cost multiple millions.  If they had gone to court they would have really gone to the cleaners.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:38:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Volmp9:

They are supposed to have about 15 Million in sales a year, so they can replenish the funds.  Maybe if people stop doing business with them they would get the picture.  Both Parents had run ins with the law before, and big surprise always just payed it off....

Read the reviews
View Quote
I'd love to own a $15 million a year business, but that isn't enough to make you bulletproof like these 'tards seem to think they are.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:40:08 PM EDT
Oh my what they're going to do to them in Texas prisons. You talk about Princess Brides.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:42:57 PM EDT

View Quote

I'll bet that judge doesn't stay bought.  He'll keep the money of course, but it's not like these people are going to be repeat customers.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:48:17 PM EDT
I mean with these kind of numbers they're definitely comfortable but they're not the( Kennedys)bulletproof.

My guess is this is already taking a chunk out of their savings if not completely depleted any cash on hands he's probably just floating on good credit right now.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:50:11 PM EDT
Leave him in a Mexican jail.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:52:31 PM EDT

Read the reviews
View Quote

Sounds like a lot but $15 million in sales isn't that much money by the time materials and all other bills are paid.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:56:57 PM EDT
Hopefully their net worth is in the shitter, I understand protecting your kid the best you can, but damn he killed 4 people, and hurt a few others.

I would not mind seeing them all n jail and bankrupt.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:57:40 PM EDT
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:02:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:03:56 PM EDT

Read the reviews
View Quote

$15 million in sales doesn't mean a whole lot.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:09:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/30/2015 10:13:37 PM EDT by Strikeforces]
Originally Posted By jeep450:

Sounds like a lot but $15 million in sales isn't that much money by the time materials and all other bills are paid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jeep450:

Read the reviews

Fuck that.....they ain't doing it fo free

say they're making a profit of 4% after everything is paid for.....that's...wait for it....$600,000 a year....

and that's being very conservative i would think given the explosion in the metal roofing biz in Texas the last 10 years.

They may even have most of their "wealth" in some kind of trust to put another layer of security that those assets couldn't be touched...

question is....was the truck he was driving owned by the company?   what kind of umbrella policy did the company have if so....?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:15:51 PM EDT

Read the reviews
View Quote

that is not a lot of money.....

if mexico wants him...keep him...revoke his citizenship...and let him rot in mexico

then look at contracts with the company his dad owns...any .gov contract or job is forbidden....

that should solve the issue rather quickly
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:16:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:18:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By artman54:
Oh my what they're going to do to them in Texas prisons. You talk about Princess Brides.
View Quote

Kid is supposed to me looking at zero extra time.  Mama could get 10 years.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:19:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By scottlang:
Leave him in a Mexican jail.
View Quote

Not in jail.  At an immigration court.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:21:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By YourAlterEgo:

View All Quotes

What kinda of shit is that? What's the purpose of probabation if there are no repercussions for breaking it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:26:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By midcap:

What kinda of shit is that? What's the purpose of probabation if there are no repercussions for breaking it?
View All Quotes

I was wrong, 120 days max.
Violating his probation by fleeing to Mexico may earn Couch a maximum of 120 days in jail, said Tarrant County District Attorney Sharen Wilson.

mama
Texas prosecutors have said Tonya Couch will be charged with hindering the apprehension of a juvenile, and if convicted, faces between two and 10 years in jail.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:36:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/30/2015 10:36:36 PM EDT by kells81]
Originally Posted By Daytona955i:
I'd love to own a $15 million a year business, but that isn't enough to make you bulletproof like these 'tards seem to think they are.  
View All Quotes

Read the reviews

I sold 10mil worth of Electrical work in 2015.  I get to keep 1.5% of it and the company gets the rest.  After all the BS they clear 4 of the 10 I sold.    I think some businesses make even less.  I.E. Sell 10 mil to keep 400k.

Either way I wouldn't consider 15mil afluenzic unless they were clearing 15 mil a year.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:46:56 PM EDT
The mother was deported this afternoon, dear son was moved to an immigration facility in Mexico City.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:52:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:

Nope.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:

Nope.

Kid had permissive use of Dad's truck, probably under a commercial policy for the business, so higher limits.

Why would you think otherwise?

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:52:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/30/2015 10:57:43 PM EDT by lostnswv]
Originally Posted By ruger556boy:

They must have had a wicked insurance policy.  Most likely they were dropped from their coverage.  The lawsuits would have cost multiple millions.  If they had gone to court they would have really gone to the cleaners.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ruger556boy:

First, a guy who owns his own company probably has insurance coming out of the ass. Max car insurance, personal umbrella policy probably in the $$$$$ MILLIONS, business insurance, homeowners, incorporated, and possibly a trust established to protect a lot of the families assets from everything save the Federal Government. Probably has as much legal protection one could buy without purchasing a Senator.

If the truck was a business vehicle there is probably a separate company vehicle insurance police. Which all seem like a wasteful expense, until you need them. In all likelihood the family probably has multiple corporations shielding their personal assets
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:56:54 PM EDT
View Quote

Basically the same for cities and state governments.

Only suckers pay from their own accounts. Pass the costs onto the tax payer or end customers.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:01:52 PM EDT

View All Quotes

You obviously have no clue as to how fucked up our legal system is.........I deal with it everyday, it's disgusting beyond words.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:11:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kells81:

I sold 10mil worth of Electrical work in 2015.  I get to keep 1.5% of it and the company gets the rest.  After all the BS they clear 4 of the 10 I sold.    I think some businesses make even less.  I.E. Sell 10 mil to keep 400k.

Either way I wouldn't consider 15mil afluenzic unless they were clearing 15 mil a year.
View All Quotes

Read the reviews

Exactly! Especially in any construction related field, 10 to 20 % profits are amazing these days. Taxes/insurances/lincense fees and other general regulatory bullshit. If a business profits anywhere near 10 to 20%, owners/investors aren't going to be "rich"
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:40:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Recusance:

Only suckers pay from their own accounts. Pass the costs onto the tax payer or end customers.
View All Quotes

My father just reviewed his car insurance and realized he has only $25k coverage for vehicle damage per whatever, he was like "most new trucks and cars are well over $25k and some are rapidly going to $50k with options on those dozer things..." He is going to up his coverage. He is also going to get another umbrella since mom let the other one lapse.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:50:55 PM EDT

You obviously have no clue as to how fucked up our legal system is.........I deal with it everyday, it's disgusting beyond words.
View All Quotes

No kidding. People are posting that he should have gotten the death penalty. Most murders only serve around 10 years. He was convicted of manslaughter i believe.I wonder what the average manslaughter sentence is? maybe 5 years. Sentencing makes me sick as well.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:56:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lostnswv:

My father just reviewed his car insurance and realized he has only $25k coverage for vehicle damage per whatever, he was like "most new trucks and cars are well over $25k and some are rapidly going to $50k with options on those dozer things..." He is going to up his coverage. He is also going to get another umbrella since mom let the other one lapse.

View All Quotes

My dad lives in S FL, he thought it was interesting the highest coverage his insurance company offers is like $100K when probably 1/20 vehicles on the road would push that limit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:02:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By iiibdsiil:

My dad lives in S FL, he thought it was interesting the highest coverage his insurance company offers is like $100K when probably 1/20 vehicles on the road would push that limit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iiibdsiil:

That's why anyone with assets that they want to protect needs an umbrella policy.  A $1 million umbrella is not that much premium.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:04:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By shaun315:
If they still have that much money, won't the kid and mother be prime kidnapping targets for the cartels if they plan to stay in Mexico?
View Quote

That would be excellent.  I doubt our 'justice' system will teach them a lesson, but a few weeks/months in captivity with the Mexican drug lords might.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:09:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2015 12:11:11 AM EDT by Citadel-SC]

View All Quotes

No shit. I don't know Georgia law but I heard his case could be transferred to adult court, though not sure how that's possible. If he violates that, he is looking at serious time.  But he would be given a clean slate and would have to violate again.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:10:59 AM EDT

View All Quotes

Read the reviews

4% is what they tell you is profit.  I bet there is a lot of fuzzy math that gets it down from 10-20%
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:14:14 AM EDT
One look at this little bitch and you know if he gets tossed in the tank he will smoking pole every day.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:21:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2015 12:22:37 AM EDT by Tweek218]
View All Quotes

Read the reviews

The kid murdered 4 innocent people and got sentenced to meaningless probation. So yeah it did kinda make them bullet proof
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:22:46 AM EDT

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:28:50 AM EDT
Call in the Dog.   lol
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:29:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By shaun315:
View Quote

The cartels would be smarter to kidnap just the kid, leaving mommy free to scrape up enough money to rescue her precious baby.

If both of them got kidnapped, I'm not sure anyone else in the world would care enough to pay the ransom.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:31:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tweek218:
The kid murdered 4 innocent people and got sentenced to meaningless probation. So yeah it did kinda make them bullet proof
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tweek218:

Read the reviews

...and instead of taking that and trying to clear up their continued bullshit, the kid violated probation and then fled to Mexico with his mom where they were caught fairly quickly.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:32:41 AM EDT
Some people need...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top