Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/2/2009 12:37:26 AM EST
Yesterday I went to a gunshow. This is the second time I've gone to a show; the first time I was more than a decade ago and I wasn't even in high school at that point. Maybe this is normal, but it was humorous to me.

I'm in the market for good optics, so I was planning to look anything there I found. One table was covered in cheap Leapers/NcStar chinese crap, complete with a fake aimpoint and a red dot in what looked like a ACOG body. I took a quick look at the table, and as I was moving one I saw a kid (must have been about 10) and his father come over and start looking at the crap. That's when I noticed the salesman. It was a Chinese* guy who yelled d in a very thick accent "Acog, only one hunded dolla" to the kid. I was floored at that point. I know the stuff on the table was Chinese made crap, but salesmen ust seemed like he could have come over on the same boat as the the scopes. I almost turned around to take a picture, but didn't want any trouble. I just laughed as I walked away.

I did find a two real Trijicon sights and the show, and was impressed. That fiber optic is really BRIGHT.

*I've worked with people who were Vietnamese and went to school was several Koreans. This guy's accent didn't sound like either, so I assumed Chinese. Could be Japanese or something else, or I might just have caught the accent wrong.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:54:53 AM EST
Not Chinese or Japanese.

He was Laotian.

"Khan, my bags."
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:59:26 AM EST
Originally Posted By CaptainSpaulding:
Not Chinese or Japanese.

He was Laotian.

"Khan, my bags."

The ocean? What ocean?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:59:41 AM EST
Probably buying it for his Airsoft anyway.

Top Top