Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/26/2006 10:15:47 AM EDT
Well a few months ago before I really knew what phishing was I got an email from "paypal" saying I needed to verify my account, I figured it was legit because I just used my account 5 or 6 times in like 2 days and maybe used it twice in the year before that. I happily answered the questions. I know, I know Then I start learning about phishing and I think about those emails and start watching my account. Nothing much happened and I thought I was in the clear. I check my account today and I am -$450 oooooo am I mad. There are three different charges on there. I was able to contact one of the companies and they refunded $60 beacuse of the fraudulent charge. I have reported my account through the lost or stolen number and now I have to wait for a new card. This might mess up getting rent paid and who knows what else. Time to hit the range and sqeeze off a few
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:18:44 AM EDT
Hope the fucker gets arrested and prosecuted. Fraud is a serious issue.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:19:49 AM EDT
You = owned.

Get your credit accounts linked to your paypal account changed. See if you can also change your bank account number if it was linked. DO IT. Even if it's a major PITA, DO IT.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:00:15 AM EDT
NEVER NEVER NEVER Click on links in e-mails. Did I mention NEVER?

Any important website, paypal, e-bay, your bank, etc. you should only get to by typing in the address or using a browser bookmark you made. E-mail is not a secure communications medium. There is no guaranty that the address in the From box is where the e-mail actually came from. Spammers and phishers regularly forge From addresses.

So, did I mention that you shouldn't click on links in e-mails yet?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:51:53 AM EDT
I click on them and enter account numbers like "suc,k my d*ck", "bite me", etc.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:54:47 AM EDT
Couldn't you have just changed your password?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:47:21 PM EDT
I talked with my bank today, and one of the companies that the card was used at. They will refund the money, but there are 2 other charges that I am going to get back but might take a little time. The card made a good taget for my mosin so I am feeling a litte bit better about it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:50:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:

i do this too
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:53:34 PM EDT

LOL...!

You mean I'm not the only one?!!

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:12:19 PM EDT
I won't call dupe, but it has been discussed.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=443960
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:20:52 PM EDT

That works.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:55:54 PM EDT
Why do people believe the e-mails that ask for sensitive information and not the ones from the companies that say NEVER disclose sensitive information?

BTW did I tell you guys that I'm going to get about 3 million $ from a Nigerian General's wife.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:58:46 PM EDT

me too
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:02:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PaDanby:
Why do people believe the e-mails that ask for sensitive information and not the ones from the companies that say NEVER disclose sensitive information?

BTW did I tell you guys that I'm going to get about 3 million $ from a Nigerian General's wife.

She told me I was getting $4 million, so there!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:04:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PaDanby:

I don't know.

Just last night my Mrs. Cheese asked she needed to use the computer to verify something.

I walked by a few mintues later and asked her what she was doing and she said verifying her Credit Card information via an email she got from one of the large banks.

I'm glad I caught her before she entered her SS#, debit card numbers, pin numbers, etc...

She still entered her username and password

I made her call and change that info immediately, and finished the application online for her. German assholes (was a german website that the email came from).
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:08:50 PM EDT

Hah!

I thought I was the only one. I sometimes amze myself as how bad my language can get - I need to wash out my keyboard with soap.

Still, I always manage to successfully "log on" - hmmm....

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:54:31 PM EDT
Magurgle, you told me to kick you in the nutz when you act stoopid. I am comin home in less than a month. If I were you I would start stocking up on novacaine and motrin. Mehotch. Jenfacecocksnatchblisterbiter.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:56:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Adam_White:

Hah!

I thought I was the only one. I sometimes amze myself as how bad my language can get - I need to wash out my keyboard with soap.

Still, I always manage to successfully "log on" - hmmm....

i like to give them seemingly legit info - so that they waste time trying it.
Top Top