Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/7/2010 11:18:00 AM EDT
Not even halfway thru the spec book, multiple sections of submitals not included and TONS of submitals that are nowhere NEAR the spec'd equipment.

T
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:34:52 AM EDT
Ok, if you must rant, let's get a good honest rant going here. I mean, you have not even insulted the submitter's sexual orientation, heritage, etc.

-1/10 until you submit a new rant.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:38:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Kolat:
Not even halfway thru the spec book, multiple sections of submitals not included and TONS of submitals that are nowhere NEAR the spec'd equipment.

T

Revise and resubmit.
The following issues must be addressed:

Please spell check.
Lack of rage, outrage, froth and fervor.
Please provide calculations for "tons" and "near."
Humor index is below code-required limits.

Please note that time is of the essence and your prompt attention is required.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:39:08 AM EDT
We're putting covers on all the TPS reports now...didn't you get the memo?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:40:09 AM EDT
What I hate are owners that insist on a submittal package for a piece of equipment that they specified with no substitutions allowed. Hey dumbass, I am not submitting on anything you specifically called for by manufacturer and part number.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:41:33 AM EDT
Who doesn't love bureaucrats?

TXL

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:48:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By VacaDuck:
What I hate are owners that insist on a submittal package for a piece of equipment that they specified with no substitutions allowed. Hey dumbass, I am not submitting on anything you specifically called for by manufacturer and part number.

Whats fucked is stuff like this.

All the cleanouts are called out as "tapered thread, bronze plug"

On the submital sheets they put a check box on the model they are submitting for and circle it.

5 of the 6 they put the check in the box for gasket seal, abs plug, which is DIRECTLY above tapered thread, bronze plug check box.

they got one right!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:49:45 AM EDT

There is nothing i hate more than assembling submittals.

.......well i take that back........these O&M requirements (O&M's im currently assembling) are going to be the death of me.......

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:00:15 PM EDT
Most submittals are a fucking joke. Especially the ones where no substitutions are allowed. Hey asshole, if you spec "X" and only "X" and I have "X" delivered to the job (verified by your super and deliver tickets) and installed then why the FUCK are we submitting it again?

Oh yeah, to keep a bunch of worthless fucking paperpushers busy so they don't have to stand by the motherfucking watercooler and gossip about Desperate Housewives on Monday, American fucking Idol on Tuesday, The Bachelor on Wednesday, Mad Men on fucking Thursday, and their worthless lazy ass motherfucking honey do lists their nutless husbands won't do over the weekend on fucking Friday (all in preparation to leave work at 1 pm so they can go to Lane Bryant and get a new fucking moo moo to lay their fat asses around on the couch all fucking weekend eating goddamned twinkies complaining about how fucking "exhausted" they are after "working" all week)

Fuck.

/ rant
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:04:00 PM EDT
Do the closeout documents on a school as the GC fuck me and that job did it once no thanks I'll stick to the field.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:15:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jeffru:
Do the closeout documents on a school as the GC fuck me and that job did it once no thanks I'll stick to the field.

Amen. I need a fucking secretary.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:17:49 PM EDT
Construction submittals?

finally someone feels my pain
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:18:55 PM EDT
You have failed to submit an even basic spec'd rant.

0/10
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:21:52 PM EDT
I'm in the middle of submittals right now for two schools. Over 400 line items per school. I hate my job right now. Its LEED also.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:24:24 PM EDT
You know what else i hate?

Fucking 8(a)s. These motherfuckers get work because they are blacker, more female, or more native than me. Then they sub out 95% of the work (gotta have that all important 5% self performance of "misc Labor/clean up"). So they get their numbers together (after they beat everyone up for another 10%) then mark up everyone 150% (minimum) and laugh all he way to the bank.

Cocksukers.

Government Contracting at it's finest.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:27:15 PM EDT
You need to have your secretary bring you a blowjob and a cup of decaf.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:36:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Evil_ATF:
You need to have your secretary bring you a blowjob and a cup of decaf.

My secretary is my mother......wife starts in 2 weeks.

T
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:41:40 PM EDT
I'd recommend holding out for another two weeks.
Top Top