Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/21/2004 6:30:11 AM EDT
...and this is what she says in an almost crying voice,
"I don't want you to say anything so I will hang up as soon as I tell you this. I still love your parents, your sister, but most of all I still love you and miss you very much."
Then she hangs up.  WTF?  It has been almost 11 months since we split up.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#1]
i bet she has been wanting to tell you that since almost 11 months ago...
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:32:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Who filed?
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:32:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Call her back and tell her about that new girl you've been banging this week.  Then ask her if she still loves you.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:32:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Dont even think about it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:32:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Ask her if she's interested in a lunch date. She's begging for closure. Never deny anyone that.

What caused the divorce, anyway?
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:33:42 AM EDT
[#6]
DON't fucking call her back, for God's sake!

LOOOONY!
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:34:01 AM EDT
[#7]

she got into a relationship... dude treated her like crap... they split up and now she realizes how much worse things can be.

P.S.: agree with others. DO NOT CALL BACK OR GET TOGETHER. there is a reason you guys split in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:35:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Her lawyer is behind this....Watch your six.

Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:36:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't fall for it. I have one that still pulls that crap every time she breaks up with a boyfriend and we've been divorced 9 years.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:36:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Women!

Pics please
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:37:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

she got into a relationship... dude treated her like crap... they split up and now she realizes how much worse things can be.

P.S.: agree with others. DO NOT CALL BACK OR GET TOGETHER. there is a reason you guys split in the first place.

BINGO
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:37:38 AM EDT
[#12]
THEIR ALL SLUTS AND NOT TO BE TRUSTED
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:37:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And she's pregnant.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:39:11 AM EDT
[#14]
so sue me but i like to believe the best in people (of course, I havent been screwed over as bad as some of the folks here).

Do some investigation, first (ask around, do some checking, has she had any relationships that just went bust, etc).  Then do some thinking , like who filed for divorce originally (for example, if you were banging the little blonde chicky and you filed for divorce, it is perfectly reasonable to believe your ex still loves you), you can make sense of it all.

We just don't have enough info here.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:39:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I filed after she dissapeard for a weekend without telling anyone.  I was extermly freaking out and worried.  I called police and filed missing persons report.  She told me she was going to a friends house, but that friend said she never got there.  So of course I was scared as hell that she had been kidnapped.  I was calling her cell and leaving messages until the voicemail got full, so then I stared to erase her message I had previously left (because I knew her code) so I could leave new ones.  When i was doing that I heard this, "Hey Mrs. EagleArmsHBAR, this is Name and I met you at Bar last night and had a great time.  Just wanted to see if you want to hang out again tonight."  When I heard that I went from being worried to down right pissed.  When she arried home several days later her stuff was packed up for her.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:39:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Just to give this thread that extra misogynistic kick :)
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:39:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Ask her if she's interested in a lunch date. She's begging for closure. Never deny anyone that.

+1
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:40:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Let it go until she starts doing this with any type of regularity, then get lawyers involved.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:40:48 AM EDT
[#19]
If you call her back. You will get a unwanted future.

Run Forest RUN.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:41:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:41:36 AM EDT
[#21]
She has been living with some guy for about 6 months, who she met the weekend we split or earlier.  They are still together as far as I know but she tells me he treats her like crap.  She still denies cheating on me to this day.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:43:41 AM EDT
[#22]
living well is the greatest revenge.  stay strong man.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:45:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Wow. Is THIS what I have to look forward to?
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:45:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Well, seeing what caused the divorce, I don't know.........

My mother claims to still love my Dad after almost 15 years of divorce now. She talks about it much more during bad times, such as now, when she's finishing her SECOND divorce after him.

Uhhh....anyone remember that Confederate Railroad song, "When You leave That Way, You Can Never Go Back"?

Me being the weak sucker that I am, I guess I'd still give her that closure....but only if she was willing to answer any and all questions that I had about her.

And I wouldn't even dream of re-starting the relationship without some serious discussions of how things had to be, why they were like they were, and so on.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I filed after she dissapeard for a weekend without telling anyone.  I was extermly freaking out and worried.  I called police and filed missing persons report.  She told me she was going to a friends house, but that friend said she never got there.  So of course I was scared as hell that she had been kidnapped.  I was calling her cell and leaving messages until the voicemail got full, so then I stared to erase her message I had previously left (because I knew her code) so I could leave new ones.  When i was doing that I heard this, "Hey Barbara, this is Name and I met you at Bar last night and had a great time.  Just wanted to see if you want to hang out again tonight."  When I heard that I went from being worried to down right pissed.  When she arried home several days later her stuff was packed up for her.

Wow...I definitely not call her or see this woman again.  Ciao Baby! Adios!
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:47:31 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Amen!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#27]
She's playin ya dude. She went off for a weekend and had a fling. Basically she disrespected you once and she will do it again if you give her a chance. How does the old cliche go...Screw me over once, your fault. Screw me over twice, my fault.
Yeah, she wants you back bad. She realized she lost out. I realize we are all saying the same thing, which is "Don't call her'. But most of us probably have been in multiple relationships and several marriages so we are speaking from experience.

Don't let your little head think for your big head...

P.S. Got any pics of her naked....
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:49:00 AM EDT
[#28]
call her back, lead her on a bit, tell her you still love her, but you are also in live with her mom, and do not know what to do
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:49:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Wade the shallow end first......test the water to see if it's safe. If you feel comfortable, proceed deeper until you are in over your head.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:51:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Ok so she cheated on you while you were married. Not showing much respect or consideration to your health. God only knows what she could of brough home. 11 months after the papers were final she  calls and say more or less she fucked up and wants another chance...

If you feel you need to return that call  which is right out of the play book for head games. Say this " well i'mglad you realized your mistake and you're sorry. maybe  the next guy won't have to go through it then" and hang up.

J
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:52:02 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BINGO

My first ever +1.

I speak from experience, as I made the mistake of calling back.  Run Forest run.
Typically they leave the good guy for the bad guy (personally, I'm normally the bad guy, but in this one case I was the good guy).  After the badguy finally treats them bad enough to make them want to leave, they start remembering just how good you were.  Then once they figure out that they've got you back on the hook & can have you anytime they want, they head back for the bad guys knowing they have you in their hip pocket.

I always kind of understood this as I was usually the bad guy, but now that I've been the good guy this once, it's become crystal clear to me.

Women are like monkeys, they don't want to let go of one vine until they have ahold of the next one.  The vine she let go of you for has snapped, and as she's falling to the jungle floor she's reaching back to the last secure vine she knew; you.  Once she's righter herself & established that you are still the stable vine, she'll swing on.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#32]
This is a trap......she is looking for a self esteem boost.  Let's see, she's in a relationship where the other guy treats her like crap, right?  She's trying to get some type of positive attention from you to make her feel better about herself.  You could call and start over, but she'll just shit on you again.  Trust me, I've been through it.  Women thrive on positive attention and once she gets enough from you she'll just fuck you again and go back to her old tricks.  Personally, I'd change my phone number and leave her where she belongs..........in your past.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:55:17 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Women are like monkeys, they don't want to let go of one vine until they have ahold of the next one.  The vine she let go of you for has snapped, and as she's falling to the jungle floor she's reaching back to the last secure vine she knew; you.  Once she's righter herself & established that you are still the stable vine, she'll swing on.

Uncommon wisdom.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:56:31 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

DING   DING   DING   DING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 6:59:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Ok so she cheated on you while you were married. Not showing much respect or consideration to your health. God only knows what she could of brough home. 11 months after the papers were final she  calls and say more or less she fucked up and wants another chance...

If you feel you need to return that call  which is right out of the play book for head games. Say this " well i'mglad you realized your mistake and you're sorry. maybe  the next guy won't have to go through it then" and hang up.

J

No...Don't call.....Don't say a thing....Move on.  

It's over.

BTW:  Change your phone number to a unlisted number.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:02:54 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Swap out names as needed and send her a letter.

Love,
Scott

+1 for the letter method...
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:05:27 AM EDT
[#38]
The first answer you mark is usually right.

I think this is the case. Do not change it and get it wrong.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:10:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Don't even THINK about it!

Stay away...stay far, FAR, away!
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:12:48 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:14:29 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:19:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Dirty Sanchez, Tony Danza, in that order.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:34:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Well she realized she f*cked up, and that she probably isnt going to have life like it was.

Call her up and laugh at her and just hang up
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:38:29 AM EDT
[#44]
BTDT, if you want to get screwed over twice, then by all means call her back.  If you want to move on and meet another woman who respects you, keep looking.   Don't retreat, move forward.   It is easy to forgive, but you'll never forget.  And it will eat you from the inside out.

just my $0.02,
Mike
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Swap out names as needed and send her a letter.
Dear Terri:
Love,
Scott

Dude, that's some of the funniest shit that I've read in a while! DAMN!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
She has been living with some guy for about 6 months, who she met the weekend we split or earlier.  They are still together as far as I know but she tells me he treats her like crap.  She still denies cheating on me to this day.

Uhhh...she's still with a guy and calling you telling you how much she loves you?

So she cheated on you, and now she's cheating on the guy she's currently with.  Remember, women are emotional creatures, so if she says she loves you and not her current man, she is effectively cheating on him.

I'd avoid her like the plague.  For all we know, she may literally have caught some plague.  Sleeping around and all.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:53:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Everyone told me she wold realize one day what a dumbass she had been, and I am surprised it took her this long to actually tell me she is still in love with me.  We were highschool sweethearts and were married for 5 years before the split.  I still feel the same way but I don't think I could allow myself to get back together with her after the stuff she pulled.

Oh yeah, she also ran all my credit cars up to 15k and hers to 30k while we were married.  I still am paying mine, as she is hers.  AND she hated guns.  I was told when we were first married only two guns in house , when we split I had 12 now I have 20 , and AWB is over soon so that means one million guns will soon be in my house (all AK-47s and UZIs I will pick up off the street)
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:54:39 AM EDT
[#48]
She has never said she was in love with the other guy and he never wants to marry or have kids.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Everyone told me she wold realize one day what a dumbass she had been, and I am surprised it took her this long to actually tell me she is still in love with me.  We were highschool sweethearts and were married for 5 years before the split.  I still feel the same way but I don't think I could allow myself to get back together with her after the stuff she pulled.

Oh yeah, she also ran all my credit cars up to 15k and hers to 30k while we were married.  I still am paying mine, as she is hers.  AND she hated guns. I was told when we were first married only two guns in house , when we split I had 12 now I have 20

You told your wife you agreed to only having 2 guns in the house, and had 12 when you split up?

So much for keeping your word......wonder why she cheated?
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:56:47 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Neither is your spelling.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top