Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 9:54:08 AM EDT
I just gotta fianlly acknowledge that WXRT is in the same chapel as National People's Radio and change the preset in my truck. This one got me motivated, but not in the way he aticipated, I'm sure.

Here's one of James McMurty's latest... it's a shame. I really like his other, older stuff.

Counterpoints that would get the blank stare or party line from Libtards in RED

(For proper alignment, please place left ear on ground)

"We Can't Make it Here"
Lyrics

Vietnam Vet with a cardboard sign
Sitting there by the left turn line
Flag on the wheelchair flapping in the breeze
One leg missing, both hands free
No one's paying much mind to him
The V.A. budget's stretched so thin
And there's more comin' home from the Mideast war
We can't make it here anymore

That big ol' building was the textile mill
It fed our kids and it paid our bills
But they turned us out and they closed the doors
It had nothing to do with higher wages and benefit costs for domestic production, did it?

See all those pallets piled up on the loading dock
They're just gonna set there till they rot
'Cause there's nothing to ship, nothing to pack
Just busted concrete and rusted tracks
Empty storefronts around the square
There's a needle in the gutter and glass everywhere
You don't come down here 'less you're looking to score

The bar's still open but man it's slow
The tip jar's light and the register's low
The bartender don't have much to say
The regular crowd gets thinner each day

Some have maxed out all their credit cards And who's fault is that?
Some are working two jobs and living in cars
Minimum wage won't pay for a roof, won't pay for a drink
It wasn't ever intended to be a living wage for a family
If you gotta have proof just try it yourself Mr. CEO
See how far 5.15 an hour will go
Take a part time job at one of your stores
Bet you can't make it here anymore

High school girl with a bourgeois dream
Just like the pictures in the magazine
She found on the floor of the laundromat
A woman with kids can forget all that
If she comes up pregnant what'll she do
Forget the career, forget about school
Can she live on faith? live on hope?
High on Jesus or hooked on dope
When it's way too late to just say no
You can't make it here anymore
Guess rubbers or the pill weren;t an option either, huh. So much for self-determination.

Now I'm stocking shirts in the Wal-Mart store
Just like the ones we made before
'Cept this one came from Singapore
I guess we can't make it here anymore
Everybody loves the low prices - that reduction comes from somewhere in the manufacturing process. Re-take International Econ 101

Should I hate a people for the shade of their skin
Or the shape of their eyes or the shape I'm in
Should I hate 'em for having our jobs today
No I hate the men sent the jobs away see above. Always best to hate the rich white man
I can see them all now, they haunt my dreams
All lily white and squeaky clean
Because of course, a black, hispanic, or asian would never do that...
They've never known want, they'll never know need
Their sh@# don't stink and their kids won't bleed
Their kids won't bleed in the da$% little war
I seem to remember kids of all kinds dying over there - most "poor" (ie non millionaires) but also several from well-to-do families. He probably believes sKerry joined swiftboats to put himself at the point of the knife, and that his political and money connections had nothing to do with the benefits he reaped in life, hmm?
And we can't make it here anymore

Will work for food We all do, pal
Will die for oil tote the party banner
Will kill for power and to us the spoils
All politicians are corrupt to one degree or another - and I didn't see Algore or sKerry vowing to yield their power lust because they're dems
The billionaires get to pay less tax
Didn't you get your refund, dickhead?
The working poor get to fall through the cracks tote that line
Let 'em eat jellybeans let 'em eat cake Nice Reagan reference
Let 'em eat sh$%, whatever it takes
They can join the Air Force, or join the Corps
If they can't make it here anymore
Of course, even though they bemoan the treatment afforded vets after they return, the armed services is a demeaning and dehumanizing job to a Libtard, isn't it?

And that's how it is
That's what we got
If the president wants to admit it or not
You can read it in the paper
Read it on the wall
Hear it on the wind
If you're listening at all
Get out of that limo
Look us in the eye
Call us on the cell phone
Tell us all why
Funny, Most of the hood rats cashing welfare or disability checks I see on a daily basis have cell phones too... why not mention them?

In Dayton, Ohio
Or Portland, Maine
Or a cotton gin out on the great high plains
That's done closed down along with the school due to Bush's non existent "cutting" of the education budget, right?
And the hospital and the swimming pool
Of course, most of the hospitals that have closed in the last several years hav eclosed due to non payment by illegal immigrants, not by lack of federal reimbursement... but why confuse facts with a good story...
Dust devils dance in the noonday heat
There's rats in the alley
And trash in the street
Gang graffiti on a boxcar door

More to follow as I distill my venom.

Once again, the Libs point at the "evil republican CEO's" and cry foul, but turn a blind eye to the same actions done by their dem cronies. Blame Bush, but don't get in front of me at Wally World.
And I'm not going to defend the "cheaper at all costs" mindset of the current multinational corporations, even though I undertand it from an Econ POV. I think there is an acceptable balance somewhere, but until the board of directors start to feel it, we won't see it.

Asshat.

Sorry about the mistaken rant being included as lyrics. Was on a break.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#1]
What a cock!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#2]
BUY AN iPOD

Best decision you will ever make! You'll listen to the radio for news/weather/traffic and that's it!

edit: OK it won't be the best decision "ever"... just a real good one.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#3]
i hate to say it, but its all true
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#4]
This aint nothing compared to the lefty turn the Kris Kristofferson made these past few years!

I seocnd the IPOD comment - but want to add SATELLITE RADIO.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
BUY AN iPOD

Best decision you will ever make! You'll listen to the radio for news/weather/traffic and that's it!

edit: OK it won't be the best decision "ever"... just a real good one.

+1

Get the 30 gig model...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

DUh is that a way ------------------>
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What?  That people are too dense to se how their own actions have consequences?  That they need to blame it on soem random "CEO" or "Government?"

The same song complains the minimum wage is too low while lamenting jobs going overseas.  Then it refers to a CEO working minimum wage.  The implication is that this is some clerk or facotry job,  I hve YET to see a clerk or factory job that stets at minimum wage.  Most minimum wage jobs are government jobs - paid for by our taxes. I worked one for a year in college - the work I did wasn't worth but maybe one dollar an hour to the taxpayer.

The best was the "comes up pregant" line.  As if pregnancy was some contagious disease you just "catch."

Rambling on, blaming everyone and everything, offering no real solutions = liberal tripe
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Never heard of the guy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#9]
What kind of music? Pop?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DUh is that a way ------------------>

Wrong way bro. DU is to the left!

<-----------------  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm trying to figure out what the song is actually about.  It seems like it complains about everything on all levels and doesn't make a point.  It talks about jobs going away and low wages but then complains about people on welfare with cellphones.  So what does he want?  A government mandated job where everyone get's paid the same as the CEO but not call it welfare?  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm trying to figure out what the song is actually about.  It seems like it complains about everything on all levels and doesn't make a point.  It talks about jobs going away and low wages but then complains about people on welfare with cellphones.  So what does he want?  A government mandated job where everyone get's paid the same as the CEO but not call it welfare?  

You hit the nail on the head.  They will bitch until the whole world has reverted to pre-industrial times, than bitch and blame everyone but themselves for the fact that the whole has reverted do much.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sorry - check re-edited comments- forgot to highlight rant.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I just gotta fianlly acknowledge that WXRT is in the same chapel as National People's Radio and change the preset in my truck. This one got me motivated, but not in the way he aticipated, I'm sure.
[snip]

Asshat.

Never paid attention to 93XRT, and on that note, I never will.  I usually listen to 97.1 FM The Drive(I think up near you Tango it's 96.9.  Or XM radio.   If you're into music from the 60's and 70's, that's a good station for you.  I think WCKG used to play classic rock, but they switched to Steve Dahl and his all talk not too long ago.  Do they even play music anymore?

Quoted:
Never heard of the guy.

Huh, seems all the more reason not to pay attention to him.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
BUY AN iPOD

+1!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Rough translation:  It is all someone else's fault, somebody has to fix it.  Rich people Suck.  P.S.  I am making more off this some than most of you will ever see in your lifetime and I am going to fly around in my private jet letting everyone know just how bad rich people are.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
www.lexus.com/assets/models/accessories/popups/es_siriusRadio.jpg

My mom's got it in her 2005 Chevy TrailBlazer.  The 60's station is awesome!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Deej - Yeah 96.9/97.1 is awesome. And it's got several former XRT alums as DJ's.

The wife got XM in her new Trailbazer. I might have to get it as well.

Then I'll just hang out at Hank's Place all day
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I got XM for Chirstmas from my parents, ever since I cant STAND to listen to regular radio.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Deej - Yeah 96.9/97.1 is awesome. And it's got several former XRT alums as DJ's.

The wife got XM in her new Trailbazer. I might have to get it as well.

Then I'll just hang out at Hank's Place all day

yeah-my dad listened to the Nashville station once-but my dad listens to terrestrial in his truck.  He usually listens to 99.5 or 98.3 when he listens to country.

Compared to 97.1 the rest of Chicago radio is GARBAGE. IMO. Last year they killed off 104.3 in favor of Jack FM.  

I can tolerate 101.9 though-my older sister listens to it, but they tend to majorly overplay stuff.

Okay I'm done now, sorry for hijacking your thread.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Most new music just plain sucks. I'm in and out of my work van most of the day so I spend alot of time with radio.

I end up spending alot of time on AM sports talk radio. I'll go through my FM presets and it usually goes like this:

1. crap
2. crap
3. crap
4. crap

Then back to AM.

I lsten to the local guys Drew & mike in the morning (Drew blows!) then mostly AM after that as it's the same crap over and over  and over. The playlist: Nickelback, linkinpark, rush, nickelback, green day, linkin park, green day, nickelback, green day....blah blah blah
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Most new music just plain sucks. I'm in and out of my work van most of the day so I spend alot of time with radio.

I end up spending alot of time on AM sports talk radio. I'll go through my FM presets and it usually goes like this:

1. crap
2. crap
3. crap
4. crap

Then back to AM.

I lsten to the local guys Drew & mike in the morning (Drew blows!) then mostly AM after that as it's the same crap over and over  and over. The playlist: Nickelback, linkinpark, rush, nickelback, green day, linkin park, green day, nickelback, green day....blah blah blah

The local "mix" station plays the same stuff like you mention, no rush or linkin park but fall out boy, kelly clarkson, stuff like that.  There are only TWO stations in Chicago that I can tolerate.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Chicago sounds similar to Detroit in that aspect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top