User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/18/2006 4:33:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It will probably suck ass.

We all have an idea of what Clark is suppose to look like, Hollywood will never live up to our expectations.  I will just re-read the book.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if they will change the bad guys so as not to offend anyone like in Sum of all fears.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]
PLEASE NO WILLEM DAFOE
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I wonder if they will change the bad guys so as not to offend anyone like in Sum of all fears.

Yes they will.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Geez after reading some of the responses to that post I think we stumbled upon DU's backup site
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Directed by John "Boys-in-the-Hood" Singleton?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Sure will, to the worst villains ever to walk the Earth: Republicans!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#8]
OK, Im drawing a blank. What is it about?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Geez after reading some of the responses to that post I think we stumbled upon DU's backup site

No kidding, Clancy a right wing hack!

On "Without Remorse" as a movie. Please don't suck like Sum of all Fears,Please don't suck like Sum of all Fears,Please don't suck like Sum of all Fears,Please don't suck like Sum of all Fears,Please don't suck like Sum of all Fears,Please don't suck like Sum of all Fears,Please don't suck like Sum of all Fears,Please don't suck like Sum of all Fears,Please don't suck like Sum of all Fears,Please don't suck like Sum of all Fears,Please don't suck like Sum of all Fears,Please don't suck like Sum of all Fears,Please don't suck like Sum of all Fears,etc.

96Ag
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I love the series of books, but the only movie worth a damm was Red October

ETA:
My top 3 for John Clark:

Adam Baldwin
Thomas Jane
Dean Cain

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

John Clark. Navy Seal, Recently released. Wife gets killed. Awhile later he gets a girlfriend doper tries to help her clean up. Falls in love with her and she is killed by the pimps/dealers. Clark takes revenge and  covertly kills scores of the dealers/pimps that were involved. CIA fakes his death and recruits him. Between and during all of this he also is contracted to recon and lead missions into Vietnam on a massive POW rescue mission.

ETA: Thats really a pathetic description but I think I got it within reason.

Its a GREAT book.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#12]
The only way the movie would be any good is if it was rated XXX, and would have to be a mini-series. Without Remorse is my favorite book I hope they don't fvck it up.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#13]
How about Christian Bale? Didn't suck as Batman.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Without Remorse is my favorite book I hope they don't fvck it up.

+1
They will fuck it up though.
I would almost rather see a movie based on "Point of Impact" by stephen Hunter.

I think I will reread WR.
CH
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#15]
How about Keifer Sutherland as Clarke?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#16]
i live 2 blocks from the dealer hid out in the book, and its a good neighborhood. the funny thing is i also live about 1/4 mile from the store that will smith called his wife from and the building they blew up in emeny of the state. the store was a royal farms store, and now where the building used to be is a royal farms
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I think it would work, but I think it would be better to cast someone who isn't very well known.  Though he would make a good Clarke.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

too old
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:50:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Directed by John "Boys-in-the-Hood" Singleton?

I do not know if it is that John Singleton.

I sure as hell hope not, I am sure reparations will make it into the movie and everyone, including Clark, will be holding thier Glock .40s sideways.

They are gonna FUG it up!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

too old

Yup.

Kelly was like 27 or 28.

If they get someone over 40 to play the part, they will surely fuck the movie up.  That counts out Adam Baldwin, he isn't a great actor anyway.  Thomas Jane is pushing it... besides, he already played a vengeful character in The Punisher.  Christian Bale is the best KNOWN actor for the job.  They need to find an unknown with a lot of skill to play Kelly.

Cole Hauser is a possibility.

Brian Van Holt is another, they have a way of making him look a lot younger in movies.

Johnny Messner (Tears Of The Sun)

There are a lot of small-time actors that could play the part.  Their acting ability has to be pretty good to pull it off, though.

Hollywood will probably cast Vin Diesel and fuck the whole thing up right from the start.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

"Without Remorse" and poll
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:09:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

As much as I defend muslims on here from the "kill 'em all" types, I was very angry with the changes made to Sum of All fears. What a shit movie.
They better not fuck up Without Remorse - it's my fav. tom clancy book.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

too old

Yup.

Kelly was like 27 or 28.

If they get someone over 40 to play the part, they will surely fuck the movie up.  That counts out Adam Baldwin, he isn't a great actor anyway.  Thomas Jane is pushing it... besides, he already played a vengeful character in The Punisher.  Christian Bale is the best KNOWN actor for the job.  They need to find an unknown with a lot of skill to play Kelly.

www.bloody-disgusting.com/images/features/cave/cave1.jpg

Brian Van Holt is another, they have a way of making him look a lot younger in movies.
gfx.filmweb.pl/p/48108/po.80979.jpg

the.oc.free.fr/photos/johnny06.jpg

There are a lot of small-time actors that could play the part.  Their acting ability has to be pretty good to pull it off, though.

Hollywood will probably cast Vin Diesel and fuck the whole thing up right from the start.

Casper Van Diem??
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#24]
No.
CVD is a terrible actor.
I think the tears of the sun guy would do nicely.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#25]

John Kelly = Christian Bale

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

too old

Yup.

Kelly was like 27 or 28.

Casper Van Diem??
www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Makeup/5455/casper/CASP2.JPG

Too much of a pretty boy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Eric Bana. Did alright in BHD.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Come on, what's wrong with you dudes: Eric Bana! (Hoot from BHD & "Choppa")

Cheers

ETA: DAMN YOU!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#29]
James Earl Jones as Admiral Greer.  Most definately.  Dont know if he would be up to it though.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Eric Bana?

The Hulk?

Guy couldn't act his way out of a wet paper sack.  NFW could he play Kelly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Captain Dale Dye needs to do the consulting for the military aspect of the movie.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Eric Bana?

The Hulk?

huh>?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Adam Baldwin
Thomas Jane - too pretty boy
Dean Cain - too pretty boy

Adam Baldwin could be very good.  He was excellent in Serenity/Firefly, The Patriot, and Full Metal Jacket.

No relation to the other Baldwins.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

John Clark. Navy Seal, Recently released. Wife gets killed. Awhile later he gets a girlfriend doper tries to help her clean up. Falls in love with her and she is killed by the pimps/dealers. Clark takes revenge and  covertly kills scores of the dealers/pimps that were involved. CIA fakes his death and recruits him. Between and during all of this he also is contracted to recon and lead missions into Vietnam on a massive POW rescue mission.

Sounds like your run of the mill, regular guy turned covert killer assassin while all the women and people he loves get chopped down by baddies who he avenges with great style kind of story.

Does he cure cancer anywhere along the line?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:06:52 PM EDT
[#35]
I's say Michael Chiklis, but he's a little old.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:57:53 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Eric Bana?

The Hulk?

huh>?

He played The Hulk in the new version.  He sucked.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:02:05 AM EDT
[#37]
I actually liked Liev Schreiber in Sum of All Fears....I thought he made a good Clark....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:27:15 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Without Remorse is my favorite book I hope they don't fvck it up.

+1
They will fuck it up though.
I would almost rather see a movie based on "Point of Impact" by stephen Hunter.

I think I will reread WR.
CH

I at one point heard they were doing "Point of Impact" several years ago and have not been able to find anything on it,

On a side note , anyone ever turn on the directors commentary on the DVD of "The (semi) Sum Of All Fears?" They have Tom Clancy doing it and he tears the movie up. He opens with......

" Hello, I am Tom Clancy and I wrote the book they chose to ignore when they made this movie

Its all down hill from there and it almost makes it worth watching
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:31:33 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I's say Michael Chiklis, but he's a little old.

He's also a little... uh, big...

Eric Bana, Tom Jane, Christian Bale... All would be good Clarks.

I am in between books right now... I am going to read this book next.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:32:28 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Eric Bana?

The Hulk?

huh>?

He also played Hoot in BHD... That should give him a free pass for most of us!  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:35:04 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Eric Bana?

The Hulk?

huh>?

He couldn't act in that movie either.  The cheesy southern drawl completely killed the character for me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:40:41 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He couldn't act in that movie either.  The cheesy southern drawl completely killed the character for me.

yeah, he did play kind of dopey. I'll give you that one.

Bale and Jane would do well for what I picture Clark to look like.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, he did play kind of dopey. I'll give you that one.

Bale and Jane would do well for what I picture Clark to look like.

I think using either of those two actors, while I agree they would fit, would make the movie too hollywood right off the bat.

A lesser known actor adds the darker side to the story that is needed for the movie to work.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:48:37 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

too old

Yup.

Kelly was like 27 or 28.

Casper Van Diem??
www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Makeup/5455/casper/CASP2.JPG

DUDE that guy looks like a HOMO
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:49:11 AM EDT
[#45]
My top 3 votes:
- Jason Lewis (Smith Jerrod from Sex and the City).
- Christian Bale
- Cole Hauser

Maybe's
- Ben Bowder
- Scott Caan
- Joaquin Phoenix
- Ryan Reynolds

Liev Schreiber was ok. Liked him in Sum of All Fears, but he didn't have that ex_navy SEAL look about him.

Definitely NOT Collin Farrell!!
And God forbid they let some PC faggot Hollywood director do it... Clark will end up being black or female or both.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:01:35 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

too old

Yup.

Kelly was like 27 or 28.

+1 on Johnyy Messner.  I don't know anything about him but he looks the way my mind pictured Clark in the book.  I've read it many times.  As long as they stick to the book it would be worth doing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:13:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Clark needs to be fairly inconspicuous. Joe Average looking. I suppose Tom Jane goes out the window as a result. Christian Bale IMHO still fits the bill- he's quirky looking, not a pretty boy.

Brian van Holt was a guy I had considered too- he's played military guys very well in other stuff (he was in BHD and played an ex-Marine in Threshold)...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Clark needs to be fairly inconspicuous. Joe Average looking. I suppose Tom Jane goes out the window as a result. Christian Bale IMHO still fits the bill- he's quirky looking, not a pretty boy.

Brian van Holt was a guy I had considered too- he's played military guys very well in other stuff (he was in BHD and played an ex-Marine in Threshold)...

Also played a Ranger in "Basic", a soldier in "Windtalkers", and a SWAT officer in the God-awful hackjob "SWAT".

He fits the military look.

I like Christian Bale, but I don't know if he could pull off a former SEAL...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#49]

Johnny Messner would be PERFECT.  He's got the youth, the dark, dangerous look, and he sure as hell knows how to play a badass military man in the jungle.  He was awesome in Tears of the Sun.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like your run of the mill, regular guy turned covert killer assassin while all the women and people he loves get chopped down by baddies who he avenges with great style kind of story.

Does he cure cancer anywhere along the line?

No, but he tortures a guy is a decompression chamber.  That would be an oscar winning scene if done right in the movie.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top