Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/10/2006 1:29:47 PM EDT
I heard this in my History class today from a student.

"I was looking at my cable box the other day and noticed it was made in China." "So, I was thinking of all the things we have made in China and it just got me wondering why do we have such a hate for China?." "I think we should be better allies."

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:33:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:37:47 PM EDT
Ignorance is bliss
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:38:12 PM EDT
Oh for the love of...

A HISTORY CLASS no less?!?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:38:43 PM EDT

The entire world loves taking advantage of us. I don't think we owe anyone outside of our borders anything. If we ever did, we have long since repayed that debt with foreign investments, aid, and our tolerance of all things United Nations.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:39:40 PM EDT
Sounds like you have an uppity student.

You should take him/her to the parking lot and show him/her what they do to uppity students in China.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:41:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 4:12:15 PM EDT by James16688]
China is a competitor, not threat.

Should be made a "strategic partner", IMHO. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:51:09 PM EDT
When they quit screwing up my fortune cookies, i stood out for hours looking for her.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:51:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By James16688:

Should be made a "strategic parter", IMHO. YMMV.

I agree. In spite of the last half of the last century, China has (if very slowly) moved away from "communism." If you don't know it, China is very wary of foreign control due to a very long history of foreign invasion and domination. Most of the Chinese would love it if America was seen as a friend, a brother to help look out for them. But they are very wary of friendship being just a pretense for control. The Chinese people are generally nice and peaceful. However, due to their history and the long-standing self-esteem problems that have resulted, the leadership can easily manipulate the population to maintain control. We need to lessen this. Continued personal high level government contacts with the leadership is the probably the only way, and through these contacts we can continue to express our views. But forcing our views down their throats simply won't work because of the history just mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:01:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bfieldburt:

Should be made a "strategic parter", IMHO. YMMV.

I agree. In spite of the last half of the last century, China has (if very slowly) moved away from "communism." If you don't know it, China is very wary of foreign control due to a very long history of foreign invasion and domination. Most of the Chinese would love it if America was seen as a friend, a brother to help look out for them. But they are very wary of friendship being just a pretense for control. The Chinese people are generally nice and peaceful. However, due to their history and the long-standing self-esteem problems that have resulted, the leadership can easily manipulate the population to maintain control. We need to lessen this. Continued personal high level government contacts with the leadership is the probably the only way, and through these contacts we can continue to express our views. But forcing our views down their throats simply won't work because of the history just mentioned.

All people everywhere are nice and peaceful. And of course we, the people, have a lot in common with their people. Its the shitty gubmints that cause the problems. Personally, I don't trust their gubmint in the least and think we have gone way too far in our dealings with them. We are hopelessly and dangerously intertwined with them now. God help us.
These dealings have mostly 90% benefited them..... not us.
We get cheap Walmart trinkits. they get our money and technology.
we give them all our manufacturing. They build an army and navy.
We grant them most favored nation stutus. they take their dissenters and "criminals" outside and shoot them.
You've got to be kidding. Right?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:16:06 PM EDT
SCREW CHINA, AND ANYTHING MADE THERE! PATRIOT ARMORY 07 FFL
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:22:19 PM EDT
they are commies and kill prisoners for organs, we should burn them from the earth
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:22:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By repub18:
I heard this in my History class today from a student. Then I bludgeoned it's head flat with a lug wrench.

"I was looking at my cable box the other day and noticed it was made in China." "So, I was thinking of all the things we have made in China and it just got me wondering why do we have such a hate for China?." "I think we should be better allies."

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:01:50 PM EDT
we should be nicer to them by allowing them to sell us AKs and SKSes once again
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:25:59 PM EDT
I like their eggrolls, sesame chicken, and #43 on the menu.
Other than that, China can go swing on my nuts
How can a communist country conjure up pity from the world, they are a murderous and tyrranical world power that treats there people worse than trash? Wow, some people are really dumb.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:50:18 PM EDT
When there done with your nuts they can swing on my nuts. Commies.Thorfin
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:05:30 PM EDT
Christ Almighty. Some people's kids.

You did set this numbskull straight, I hope?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:12:31 PM EDT

Out of the mouths of babes ...

The kid is right, and he's a genius. He's probably played Age of Empires, and could teach us all a lot.

What we want to do is create an alliance with China, and then join with them to crush Islam, once and for all, build MegaDisney where Mecca used to be (and turn the rest of the middle east into one big parking lot, with monorail shuttles to the park), and split the oil there.

Meanwhile, all the technology we're "sharing" with our good allies the Chinese will have some clever deep encruption it in, so that we can remotely shut down all their radar and airdefenses the day we stab them in the back and rain down nuclear destruction on them.

Game over, we win.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:15:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LuvBUSHmaster:
How can a communist country conjure up pity from the world, they are a murderous and tyrranical world power that treats there people worse than trash? Wow, some people are really dumb.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:33:09 PM EDT

I apologize for the disrespectful post above.

Knowing nothing about you but from what you posted, I know I cannot change your opinion based your narrow knowledge in just a few sentences.

We know the U.S. is the greatest country in the world, but a backwater foreigner might say "I like blue jeans, rock and roll, and burgers, but how can I admire an imperialist country that ships its troops all over the world like no other, discriminates against and executes it's own people? Wow, some people are really dumb."

I say that foreigner is unenlightened and needs more education. No government is all righteous and altrustic. Hypocrisy is everywhere.

Your post reflects ignorance and a hillbilly view.

Read more from more sources and travel the world and you might have a different opinion.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:39:32 PM EDT
My dad won't buy anything from china because they stole our nuclear secrets
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:49:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AvengeR15:
The entire world loves taking advantage of us. I don't think we owe anyone outside of our borders anything. If we ever did, we have long since repayed that debt with foreign investments, aid, and our tolerance of all things United Nations.

The US has been borrowing 80-90% of the worlds savings for the last decade.

Compared to the $Trillion or so we borrow each year the foreign aid is pocket change.

But yeah, other than that we don't owe anyone a damn thing.

When OPEC starts selling oil for Euros in March this info will seem more relevent I expect.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:53:38 PM EDT

I apologize for the disrespectful post above.

Knowing nothing about you but from what you posted, I know I cannot change your opinion based your narrow knowledge in just a few sentences.

We know the U.S. is the greatest country in the world, but a backwater foreigner might say "I like blue jeans, rock and roll, and burgers, but how can I admire an imperialist country that ships its troops all over the world like no other, discriminates against and executes it's own people? Wow, some people are really dumb."

I say that foreigner is unenlightened and needs more education. No government is all righteous and altrustic. Hypocrisy is everywhere.

Read more from more sources and travel the world and you might have a different opinion.

Are you saying that other countries have a lower than optimal opinion of us?

This is gonna get interesting.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:56:26 PM EDT
I think we should share our Nuclear technology with them.

BOOM!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:02:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:06:22 PM EDT

FUCK CHINA !!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:20:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 8:23:35 PM EDT by warlord]
repub18: Ask the student how many people died during Mao's Cultural Revolution during the late 1960s and early 1970s? Zebras don't change their spots.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:20:10 PM EDT
Nukes are nice. I like them. And sharing is caring.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:20:17 AM EDT

he

OK, because you don't know anything about me fine. China, in a word, sucks because of one word my fellow arfcommer, C-O-M-M-U-N-I-S-M.
Thanks for the hillbilly commennt, I have my Bachelors in Business Management with a concentration in International Finance and am starting my MBA this summer, and althouh I have not been to China (no thanks-I like my basic human rights), I have traveled to Asian Countries before. I understand that China can be an ally in trade and help with the global war on terror... but what about the trade defecit with China? OR the Three Gorges Damn that displaced over a million chinese people for some crackpot communist regime? Never the less, we can have some very benefitial things come out of a working relationship with China. But the bottom line (to me) is this:
the PRC (China) can swing on my nuts.
the ROC (Taiwan) is good to go. hats
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:12:16 PM EDT
Top Top