Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 11:45:02 AM EDT
What say you, fellow ARFCOM movie geeks cinephiles?  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Every once in a while I'll pop the dvd in just to watch the final shoot-out. Can't really stand the rest of the movie to be honest.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't stand Juliette Lewis in most movies....and she drives me nuts in Way of the Gun.

I like to watch the fist fight in the parking lot at the start of the film, and the shoot outs.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Here are some good pics

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn fine movie. One of the best gunfight movies of all time, IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:14:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:30:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/wombatman77/WOTG003.jpg

Nice pic!  The film also features veteran actor Geoffrey Lewis, in great buddy role of James Caan.  I love the Russian Roulette scene.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:05:06 AM EDT
[#8]
"We don't want your forgiveness. We won't make excuses. We're not gonna blame you, even if you are an accessory... But we will not accept your natural order."

love that quote........
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#9]

"Shut that cunt's mouth before I come over there and fuck-start her head!"

- Mr. Parker
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I can't stand Juliette Lewis in most movies....and she drives me nuts in Way of the Gun.

That's one bigass forehead she's got. And yeah, she's annoying as all hell.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My g/f had to tell me that Juliette Lewis' character was the daughter of James Caan's character.

Del Toro has a funny line to Caan about guys "with utility belts" Last time I heard that I started laughing, good line, but dumbass had, what, two magazines for his rifle when he went into the whorehouse at the end?

I agree that Juliette Lewis is distractingly unattractive and annoying.

yeah that seemed odd, since they had armor, sidearms, guy with the shotgun had a whole freaking fanny bag full of shells.  It just seemed odd that he'd only carry two mags for the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I think this movie was made during the ban.

Maybe he could only get two mags for he Galil.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#14]
This movie is one that I rented and really really wanted to like it just based on all the positive stuff I heard. But I just can't get into it, it has that great asswhopping at the beginning and then something like 2 nice and very well done shootouts, but the rest in between is just plain uninteresting. They need to release a condensed 'all shootouts' version of this flick or something.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My g/f had to tell me that Juliette Lewis' character was the daughter of James Caan's character.

Del Toro has a funny line to Caan about guys "with utility belts" Last time I heard that I started laughing, good line, but dumbass had, what, two magazines for his rifle when he went into the whorehouse at the end?

I agree that Juliette Lewis is distractingly unattractive and annoying.

yeah that seemed odd, since they had armor, sidearms, guy with the shotgun had a whole freaking fanny bag full of shells.  It just seemed odd that he'd only carry two mags for the rifle.

Agreed.

But stranger still was his decision, knowing he's only got 2 mags, to mash straight through both mags full auto,  stitching the walls like a sewing machine.

Then he dumps it on the floor and proceeds to reveal, what, 7-8 .45 mags?

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
This movie is one that I rented and really really wanted to like it just based on all the positive stuff I heard. But I just can't get into it, it has that great asswhopping at the beginning and then something like 2 nice and very well done shootouts, but the rest in between is just plain uninteresting. They need to release a condensed 'all shootouts' version of this flick or something.

That's pretty nuch how I feel about it too. Thank God for chapter selection and FF on the dvd player.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:21:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Thre seems to be a lot of people who mention this movie in one thread or another... I don't remember it being all that great... probably because I think Juliet Lewis is a god awful actress and one of the most irritating people to watch.

I might have to watch it again now, though, to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I don;t think it's the "end-all, be all" of gun flicks.... I just like the shootout scenes... and the two anti-heroes who just can't catch a break .

I also think Juliette Lewis is annoying.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#19]
The kidnapping scene is interesting to watch, esp. the tactics in the first encounter.

"Can't you people see there are guns here? GET THE F$%# OUT!"

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#20]
I watched it again... fun movie. I still hate J. Lewis.

I like the car chase when they're getting out of the car and rolling it. That was too cool.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Always annoyed me that the 2 bodyguards abandoned their protectee to go help out their comrades in the shootout going on out front.  

A big No-No in that line of work, and very amateurish.  You NEVER let the protectee out of your sight if you are a designated "body man" as they were.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top