Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 4:14:55 PM EDT
Anyone seen this movie?  I rented it from Netflix awhile back, and now it's on IFC.  There's a great scene where he goes into the warehouse and gets his ass kicked & gets tossed out on the street.  What happens next is pretty damn cool.  And then there's the scene where the bodyguard approaches him while he's at Fonda's house.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, that was a pretty good scene where they introduce Peter Fonda at his party.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Good flick...provided you can deal with subtitles.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]
The way it cuts from scene to scene is distracting. Decent movie if edited differently. He's a badass for sure.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Liked it alot. Terrence Stamp has always been underrated.  He was a good badass, very understated.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I didn't see any subtitles in the one I was watching....

You do realize that "limey" is slang for an englishman, right?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#6]
WARNING: SPOILER ..........in case you haven't seen the movie and you plan to, skip this comment.

Weak ending, though, ruined it for me.   All that buildup and he just walks away.  Any character played by a memeber of the Fonda family should, at the end of the movie, be fed into a woodchipper feet first; especially if he has something to do with the death of the protagonist's daughter.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Norman...Norman...Norman...we love 'ya, man, but you really need to sharpen your sarcasm recognition skills.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Frank J. did a series based on a communist brit e-mailing hate mail to him, called The Limey.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Norman...Norman...Norman...we love 'ya, man, but you really need to sharpen your sarcasm recognition skills.

sorry, it's the internet.  You may have noticed that sarcasm doesn't translate too well in written mediums.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top