Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 1:07:58 PM EDT
www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7000018155

New Orleans Mayor: "CIA Will Wipe Me Out"

September 3, 2005 10:02 p.m. EST

Douglas Maher - All Headline News Staff Reporter

New Orleans, Louisiana (AHN) - Apparently suffering from stress and a bit of paranoia, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin tells CNN Saturday night that he believes the CIA will "wipe him out" after his criticism of President Bush and the Federal Government in response to Hurricane Katrina.

Mayor Nagin seemed to have calmed down after meeting with President Bush for two hours on Friday but became stressed again over the current situation still unfolding in his city.

The Mayor has come under serious scrutiny and criticism in the last 72 hours after photos of parking lots filled with school buses that were sitting in a foot of water were released on the Internet. Many critics of the Mayor and Gov. Blanco say the buses could have saved an estimated 20,000 people if they had been used for emergency evacuations which President Bush had declared two days before Katrina hit.

Nine stockpiles of fire-and-rescue equipment strategically placed around the country to be used in the event of a catastrophe still have not been pressed into service in New Orleans, CNN reports Saturday night. Responding to a CNN inquiry, Department of Homeland Security spokesman Marc Short said Friday, "The gear has not been moved because none of the governors in the hurricane-ravaged area has requested it."

A federal official says the department's Office for Domestic Preparedness reminded the Louisiana and Mississippi Governors' offices about the stockpiles on Wednesday and Thursday, but neither governor had requested it.

As the picture becomes much more clear many in Congress believe that a total collapse of communications on the local and state level contributed to the catastrophic conditions the city of New Orleans has been under.

"It has become apparent that after President Bush declared the state of Louisiana a state of emergency a few days before the hurricane hit, communication with the White House and FEMA from city officials in New Orleans and the Governor collapsed," says Senator Dr. Bill Frist, who is currently helping victims with medical needs around the city.

"Our priority now is to save as many lives as possible, and things are improving by the hour," adds Frist.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
They need to do a urine screen on this guy. I am seriously thinking he has been hitting the rock and/or tweaking for the past week.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They need to do a urine screen on this guy. I am seriously thinking he has been hitting the rock and/or tweaking for the past week.

+1000000000
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]

"You can take da hoodrat out of da hood but you can't take da hood out of da hoodrat..."
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I honestly just think that the stress got to him and he fell apart. He was given a job beyond his ability and he failed

Regardless – It’s kinda amusing watching him and his party finger point. I’m just wondering what’s next. We've heard the race argument; the dog ate my homework argument and now the CIA/tinfoil argument.

If he was any kind of a man he would stand up and admit failure. Then again, if he had that sort of intestinal fortitude, he likely would not have screwed up and killed all those people.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I think this is a wake up call to all mayors,

yeah you get loads of perks, but if SHTF you just might have to step up!

im shure this guy never imagined he would have to "step up" when he chased the job of mayor...and it shows
he never wanted to serve the public, he wanted perks for himself...and he is a discrase

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#6]
It's probably too late for the piss test.  He's just having major withdrawls right now, that's all.  he'll be better calmer after he gets his fix.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Mr. Mayor

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#8]
If he or the govenor of that state had pride or a conscience they would both resign. They are both a discrace as leaders, but at least they can do the right thing on their way out and resign. Don't ever forget, with a hurricane on the way they had 250 school busses sitting in a parking lot and they had no idea what to do with them. While people were busy saving lives and running away from rapist those clowns threw the race card on the table. What a disgrace.

Resign, please resign.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#9]
It would be funny if so many lives didn't depend on him.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Unless it was said in jest, the man is tweaking not to mention an idiot...

There are other organizations far better in shutting up public dumbasses than the CIA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Pat Robertson gave the Green Light

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#12]

As a resident of Louisiana , all I can say is that I am ashamed .  When the WTC collapsed , the residents of New York treated the rescue workers like heroes . As they should have .  The Mayor and other leaders stepped up and took charge .
    Now , look at Louisiana and New Orleans .   The Mayor launches a profanity laced tirade and acts like he belongs in an institution .  Our Governor is more concerned with placing the blame on George Bush and using this disaster as an opportunity to discredit his administration .    Police and other emergency workers are shot at .   Savages looting businesses are shown nightly on the news .
   I'm ashamed  ---  but not surprised .
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#13]
That asshat is a fucking TOON!  He's the PERFECT mayor for The Big Easy...absolutely perfect.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It's probably too late for the piss test.  He's just having major withdrawls right now, that's all.  he'll be better calmer after he gets his fix.

yep, he be jonesing big time.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
As a resident of Louisiana , all I can say is that I am ashamed .  When the WTC collapsed , the residents of New York treated the rescue workers like heroes . As they should have .  The Mayor and other leaders stepped up and took charge .
    Now , look at Louisiana and New Orleans .   The Mayor launches a profanity laced tirade and acts like he belongs in an institution .  Our Governor is more concerned with placing the blame on George Bush and using this disaster as an opportunity to discredit his administration .    Police and other emergency workers are shot at .   Savages looting businesses are shown nightly on the news .
   I'm ashamed  ---  but not surprised .

Right on all accounts.

Just a little FYI - commas and periods go immediately after the last letter of the last word.

I know, I know - damn grammar nazi.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top