Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 8:00:17 PM EDT
LOL, you may have known this, but this was too funny not to share with you guys, especially since they call the Bush family the Bush Family Evil Empire (BFEE for short) because supposedly Bush's grandfather's firm profited from dealing with the Nazis before the war.

www.conservativeunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33014

In case you aren't familiar with this board, it's just a bunch of guys who read DU for comedy value then repost the choicest DU threads for ridicule.  VERY entertaining
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#1]
BIG TIME

The Kennedy's made their money running booze & guns

Joe Kennedy had his daughter lobotomized
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, big time.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I knew that before I moved here.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#4]
never mind!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
BIG TIME

Yes he did because she might damage the family's reputation… Joe Kennedy was a first class SOB… and so now you know where Teddy got his fine character from.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep.
A family full of crooks, that one was.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Which part?  That Joe Kennedy was a Nazi sympathizer?  Or a stock swindler?  Or a bootlegger?  Or an adulterer?  Or an election cheat? Or a daughter-lobotimizer when said daughter became an embarrassment to his reputation as a winner?

If there was any rule he could break to get him and his ahead, Joe Kennedy broke it without a second thought.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I have heard that.
The Kennedy curse is there for a damn good reason if you ask me. Reap what you sow, karma, whatever.

Sadly the most worthless POS of the bunch is alive and well...and in the US Senate.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
When Arnold Schwarzenegger was running for Governor of California the libtards tried to make a big deal about his daddy being a Nazi sympathizers, forgetting the Kennedy's had the same!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
When Arnold Schwarzenegger was running for Governor of California the libtards tried to make a big deal about his daddy being a Nazi sympathizers, forgetting the Kennedy's had the same!

I think the difference is that Arnold's dad was mostly likely, being an Austrian, a bona fide Nazi.

Of course, if liberals didn't take such glee in slandering people on the other side of the aisle because their FATHERS weren't perfect or were shady or even Nazis, I wouldn't care.  But liberals do exactly that, and the fucks at DU are too ignorant to realize the hypocrisy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey friends,

It is also interesting to note, although I'm sure many of you already know, that Ted Kennedy, assumably, is still in possession of an M14 that was gifted to him from Harrington&Richardson. Although this rifle is not select fire, it is classified as a class 3 item by ATF for some reason. I'm not sure why, as I'm not an M1A/M14 buff. Obviously, Ted has no Class 3 license, or we would know about it. I think this was dealt with in a Shotgun News or a Vin Supynowitcz column.

He's a great man....
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Rosemary. She died last year. It has been said she was the inspiration for her sister founding Special Olympics.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Lots of high-profile folks were Nazi sypmpathizers.

I think most common folks would be suprised.

FUCK Joe Kennedy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Not really.  Before war broke out, the pro-Nazi types were proud of their sympathy.

Now you know why Ford Motors sponsored a commercial-free airing of Schindler's List on network tv.  Out of shame.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Let us not forget another famous Nazi sympathizer, Charles Lindberg.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the difference is that Arnold's dad was mostly likely, being an Austrian, a bona fide Nazi.

Of course, if liberals didn't take such glee in slandering people on the other side of the aisle because their FATHERS weren't perfect or were shady or even Nazis, I wouldn't care.  But liberals do exactly that, and the fucks at DU are too ignorant to realize the hypocrisy.

Arnold's father was policeman, and IIRC, known for NOT liking the Nazi's.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, before the war, Joe Kennedy spent his political clout as a "peace loving" pro-Hitler lobbyist. He was a very powerful politico, almost as powerful as any top leader at the time but after Pearl Harbor and our entry in the war, his name was mud. And look at some of the things he was saying to the press trying to keep us out of the War in Europe and then look at what the current American "peaceniks" are saying about our War on Terror.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BIG TIME

Yes he did because she might damage the family's reputation… Joe Kennedy was a first class SOB… and so now you know where Teddy got his fine character from.

Apples dont fall far from the tree
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Hey friends,

It is also interesting to note, although I'm sure many of you already know, that Ted Kennedy, assumably, is still in possession of an M14 that was gifted to him from Harrington&Richardson. Although this rifle is not select fire, it is classified as a class 3 item by ATF for some reason. I'm not sure why, as I'm not an M1A/M14 buff. Obviously, Ted has no Class 3 license, or we would know about it. I think this was dealt with in a Shotgun News or a Vin Supynowitcz column.

He's a great man....

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really.  Before war broke out, the pro-Nazi types were proud of their sympathy.

Now you know why Ford Motors sponsored a commercial-free airing of Schindler's List on network tv.  Out of shame.

Yup.

GM was a player, too.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I doubt Joe Kennedy was a Nazi sympathizer, though I do not know for certain.  He was the US ambassador to Great Britain; somehow the two don't go hand in hand.  That he was an opportunist, manipulator and crook there is no doubt.  Indeed, people who were alive at the time said that FDR appointed Kennedy to that post to save him from further investigation and possible prosecution for his bootlegging and stock manipulation activities.  That Kennedy was a big time contributor to FDR campaigns didn't hurt.

I would actually forgive or even ignore Schwarzenneger's father's supposed activities.  Other than the bigwigs in Germany, the average person had some serious considerations.  First and foremost, if you have a choice between the Nazis (whose track record of improving Germany wasn't too bad through the mid 1930s, let's be honest) and the Russians - and those are your only choices, no ringers or space aliens to help you, what are you going to do?  Remember, your answer affects your family.  Second, just as with many places here in the US that time, you had to be of the right party to get certain jobs.  Schwarzenneger's father had to deal with what was at the time, not some ideal.  I wonder what the Keyboard commandos would do under similar circumstances.  He did what he did to survive, Kennedy actively did whatever he may have done as an opportunist, and out of greed.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Don't forget about Papa Joe and the Mob. Without the Teamsters votes, JFK would have been in the same boat John Kerry is now.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Lucky Lindy was also!!  Big money was never made the right way(even Bill Gates and Steve Jobs stole GUI  and windows concept from Zerox!)  So whats new?  There would be no Bert Reynolds with out Marlon Brando!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Welcome to 1939...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which part?  That Joe Kennedy was a Nazi sympathizer?  Or a stock swindler?  Or a bootlegger?  Or an adulterer?  Or an election cheat? Or a daughter-lobotimizer when said daughter became an embarrassment to his reputation as a winner?

If there was any rule he could break to get him and his ahead, Joe Kennedy broke it without a second thought.

Pretty much all of it. My Mom loved Jack Kennedy and I think he was a good guy too. No different than a lot of politicos and farther right than most of the guys calling themselves republicans today.

Anti big government, pro personal responsibility, pro gun, pro tax cuts, and he walked that walk.

Some of our guys today might as well fly commie flags.

Sure Joe bought Jack the office but it's all bought, just different people write the checks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top