Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2003 2:23:10 PM EDT
Ranch Rescue from Douglas Arizona is one of America's biggest civilian border patrol groups.They recently started operation thunderbird.They are requesting law abiding volunteers to assist them.People can go on day or night patrols,construct observation towers,operate many different vehicles,prepare food ,maintain vehicles,etc.They also need cash or donations of material goods.Please help them.GOD bless them...I'm glad to see their movement catching on. www.ranchrescue.com
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#1]
i know a guy out in the field doing that now
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I was involved in a similar operation in South Texas late last spring.  I posted on the Hometown - Texas board for potential volunteers, and was met with wisecracks and smart alecky comments.

I hope that this endeavor has a better response.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#3]
What a worthy cause. I wish them all the best. They are outstanding Americans. They are on my donation list.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe they should try some different tactics-
Doesn't customs pay a % of the value of drugs turned in /reported?

Or what about suing the .gov for the expenses incurred in protecting the border??
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Even though I live in AZ and want something to be done about illegal immigrants here.

I think Ranch Rescue isn't the right approach. It gives us gun owners bad names. Also, I think it's for people who wants to act out on their commando fantasies.

Look, if anyone get involved with ranch rescue operation, they'll:

1. Get arrested by our government, lose their guns and have to go through all those court b.s.

2. Get sued by the illegal immigrants for rough treatment, scaring them with your guns when you're not real LEO, etc.

3. People will think you're a nutso when they see your pictures on TV news or newspapers.

It always make me laugh whenever I see those guys geared up in full camo, with camo paints and run around like kids.

Yeah, Ranch Rescue does definitely need help. Professional Help...

-ChaZ
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#6]
All of you Anti R.R. people....

What do you think should be done?, If the .GOV is not willing to do the job, who is going to do it?

It may not be the best idea, but at least they are doing something...

What are you doing?...
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:40:15 AM EDT
[#7]
The biggest problem with these groups is that the leaders rarely have the political savvy to make their case and be effective without giving the whole operation a bad name...

If it wern't for his being a dead-ringer for the 'eccentric' western gun owner, if he didn't use the National Alliance as an interview platform, and so on RR would be just a rural version of the 'Neighborhood Watch' patrols that city governments encourage to deal with drugs and such...

But EVERY TIME such an organization is founded, it's by some guy who's either (a) an anti-government or anti-tax dissadent, (b) some sort of sepratist or supremacist, or (c) just plain strange...

If you're gonna do the 'border watch' thing, maybe try to work the political/media end as well as the 'go out and play trooper' end??? It might actually help you get something besides lawsuits/jail...
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:52:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Morons and whackjobs. See [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=220876&page=1[/url]. Confirmed my long-held suspicions.
View Quote

I like the idea of what ranch rescue is doing.  Refering to my post I know people here support it and I wanted to let people know they had an interview so they could listen to it.  Regardless of what people think of the National Alliance I think they the interview they had on thier program may help ranch rescue get some needed help.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:24:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
All of you Anti R.R. people....

What do you think should be done?, If the .GOV is not willing to do the job, who is going to do it?

It may not be the best idea, but at least they are doing something...

What are you doing?...
View Quote

The reality is that the .gov doesn't really want to stem the tide of migrant workers.  They provide low wage labor for many heavy supporters of their campaigns...

Like drugs, illegal immigration can not be stopped from the supply side.  We need to start targeting the scum that hire them, and pay protection money (in the form of political contributions) to keep the flow open.

Of course, a hamburger in a restaurant will become $12.00, and a head of lettuce will be a bargain at $4.50...

Geoff
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:31:54 AM EDT
[#10]
If you boys reeeally want to shake your head in disbelief, just think about our "immigration problem" in 5-10 years.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:13:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:31:20 AM EDT
[#12]

1. Get arrested by our government, lose their guns and have to go through all those court b.s.
View Quote

Why, they do not do anything illegal per say

2. Get sued by the illegal immigrants for rough treatment, scaring them with your guns when you're not real LEO, etc.
View Quote

Oh, so now you have to be a certain class of citizen before you intercede against a law breaker -- bullshit.

3. People will think you're a nutso when they see your pictures on TV news or newspapers.

It always make me laugh whenever I see those guys geared up in full camo, with camo paints and run around like kids.
View Quote

As you sit in the easyboy , eating a few Twinkies.

-ChaZ
View Quote

I feel they do what most do not have the balls to do, but what needs doing.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:39:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Just my opinion, but if I lived in the southwest US, and wanted to take personal action concerning the border crisis, I would neither join a group the media and local LE hate, nor would I post about it on the internet.

I would operate with a few close friends who know how to STFU about things that need not be broadcast to the world.  I am not talking about killing people or anything, I am talking about destroying any drugs found, operating a long way from where I live, and detaining any border runners, leaving them in shade with an open canteen each, then calling Border Patrol an hour later from a payphone a long way away.

Just my .02.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:49:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why, they do not do anything illegal per say

View Quote

Oh, so now you have to be a certain class of citizen before you intercede against a law breaker -- bullshit.

View Quote

As you sit in the easyboy , eating a few Twinkies.

-ChaZ
View Quote

I feel they do what most do not have the balls to do, but what needs doing.
View Quote

So easy for you to accuse me of sittinig in easyboy and eating few twinkies.

What are YOU doing about it instead of ribbing me online sitting in your computer chair and eating snicker bars?

-ChaZ
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:27:50 AM EDT
[#15]
i think a program ran by private volunteers would be a great thing as long as itis done properly, and i believe the patrols should be armed, but some uniform dress and weapons needs to be put in place, and some good mroal leadership, i am not in any way against rr if it is done correctly, we have a huge problem on our borders
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wonder if all the cheap wetback labor will be so appealing when some moslem maggots slip through the open border and set off a nasty in LA?
View Quote

Up yours, MickeyMouse.  This "wetback"'s Grandparents were both born into citizenship in this country.  Or does your racial slur only apply to illegals?  Either way you're an A__hole.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#17]

So easy for you to accuse me of sittinig in easyboy and eating few twinkies.

What are YOU doing about it instead of ribbing me online sitting in your computer chair and eating snicker bars?

-ChaZ
View Quote

[b] Do not evade the issue by counter accusations

or by answering a question with a question. [/b]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Morons and whackjobs. See [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=220876&page=1[/url]. Confirmed my long-held suspicions.
View Quote

So, do ya think CNN or FOX is gonna give 'em air time??  [:P]

If anything, the mainstream media, is supressing ANY positive info on ANY pro-American group that pops up, WITHOUT "official" sanction...

It's SO easy to demonize....

Didja even go to the page?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#20]
They could really use a couple of good attorny's on retainer. Preferably experianced in use of force laws, and US code.

Someone with PR and Risk management experiance would be a big help too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if all the cheap wetback labor will be so appealing when some moslem maggots slip through the open border and set off a nasty in LA?
View Quote

Up yours, MickeyMouse.  This "wetback"'s Grandparents were both born into citizenship in this country.  Or does your racial slur only apply to illegals?  Either way you're an A__hole.
View Quote

"wetback" is certainly a slang term for someone who illegally crossed the southern US/Mexico border.  But with Mexicans, Central-Americans, & Chinese illegal immigrants all crossing the Rio Grand, it's unreasonable to assume the slang term is a race based slur.  Are you paranoid about your heritage?

It's an ugly word, used to describe and ugly situation, but it's not racist.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
i think a program ran by private volunteers would be a great thing as long as itis done properly, and i believe the patrols should be armed, but some uniform dress and weapons needs to be put in place, and some good mroal leadership, i am not in any way against rr if it is done correctly, we have a huge problem on our borders
View Quote

But how do we know it's not being done correctly? Can't really go by the bullbutter the mainstream media puts out can we?

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They could really use a couple of good attorny's on retainer. Preferably experianced in use of force laws, and US code.

View Quote

That's definitely true!!

Can't a couple of conservative groups donate some legal help???? CIR?? NRA?? Don't they have any backing in Phoenix???

Sticky question-- don't any of the churches have an anti immigration stance???
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
"wetback" is certainly a slang term for someone who illegally crossed the southern US/Mexico border.  But with Mexicans, Central-Americans, & Chinese illegal immigrants all crossing the Rio Grand, it's unreasonable to assume the slang term is a race based slur.  Are you paranoid about your heritage?

It's an ugly word, used to describe and ugly situation, but it's not racist.
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#25]
ok- how about we dress up 10 guys in robes and turbans... then we let RR 'catch' them? Hold a press conference about the danger of an unsecured border etc.... maybe L.A. is a better spot for this then bfe az.

(Too much coffee)

NOT that I'm encouraging anyone to pose as arab terrorists and make a video showing the scouting the southern border for penetration points .....and then releasing the tape to the media.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:31:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep!!
i think I'm gonna try and get ahold of Jack, and see what the deal is....
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Even though I live in AZ and want something to be done about illegal immigrants here.

I think Ranch Rescue isn't the right approach. It gives us gun owners bad names. Also, I think it's for people who wants to act out on their commando fantasies.

-ChaZ
View Quote

Ok so since I know guys who go out everyday on the border an watch for illegals as well as catch and turn them over to BP I'll say this you are correct. Everyone of those things IS a possibility.

Now as far as those guys dressing up and running around like kids? How many kids have had to fire a weapon to stop 13 illegals from charging at their pregnant  wife and two year old child? How many kids have to deal with armed coyotes and drug runners? How many kids have to deal with the potential of foreign  military shooting at them(they shoot at marked BP vehicals why not civilians)? How many kids have to deal with the possibility of abduction by a foreign military. A man in southern california was held hostage by the mexican military in 88 or 89 after reporting a methlab on the mexican side of the border to the DEA.

Yah their running around like kids alright. You couldn't get me to go down and walk the border without an AR and a sidearm for many of the above reasons. Just look at the statistics, the United States Border Patrol is involved in more shooting incidents than any other branch of LE. There is a reason for that.

The groups opposed to civilians watching the border will say it's because of all the people patroling the border with guns. They say the people trying to enter the USA have started arming themselves because civilian groups patrol the border while armed. Thats not the case. The civilian groups don't require that anyone carry a gun. It is an option, but if you were going to voulanteer your time wouldn't you want to be able to defend yourself if you ran into a group of drug smugglers, who are armed with FA AKs and such? or what about an armed coyote? Ya there is a lot of money in smuggeling people, but only if you don't get cought.

I've already commented on the RR assocciation with racist groups so I won't comment on it again.

Someone needs to secure our borders, BP is underfunded, undermanned and even undergunned at some times. It's not BP's fault, it's their parent agencies fault(INS, DHS), it's the politicians fault and it's OUR fault. Why because we are not doing enough to pressure politicians into doing something. So someone has to do it, someone has to help BP do their job. That task has unfortunatly been taken up by civilian organisations because the government has failed to do the job that it is required to do, protect the borders of this country. So if the government won't do it, than we the people have to do it and thats what is happening. There is nothing illegal about what some of these groups do. They operate within boudries set forth by our countries founding documents. The government may choose to vilify these groups, same with the media but that doesn't take away from the fact that if the government would do it's job in the first place these groups would not exist today because they would have no reason to exist.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#29]
I'd be down on the border with RR right now if I had transportation.  Anyone east Coast wants to go, IM me.  Ops
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top