Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2005 8:03:10 AM EDT
What say you?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Thumbs up. Nicholas Cage is an over-actor, but the movie is plain fun. Think of it as a modern Indiana Jones, though not nearly comparable to that classic. I had a lot of fun seeing this movie and I had to be dragged to it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:05:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Thumbs up. Nicholas Cage is an over-actor, but the movie is plain fun. Think of it as a modern Indiana Jones, though not nearly comparable to that classic. I had a lot of fun seeing this movie and I had to be dragged to it.

Indy -Nazis -Hero shooting back = Thumbs Down.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Some of it was ok, then other parts were sort of dumb. I would give it 7 out of 10.

The German chick is hot!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indy -Nazis -Hero shooting back = Thumbs Down.

You were looking for something to fit the mold. That's the road to disappointment.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:10:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I light treasure hunting movie. Not great, but watchable. Would have improved with more skin from the chick, shooting back, humor.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I liked it-was a good family movie
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I liked it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:14:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Stupid movie
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:19:34 AM EDT
[#9]
where is all this masonic treasure ! I could get lots of accessories for my AR
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:23:36 AM EDT
[#10]
My cousin stars as some kind of FBI agent or other. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

And to think, I told him back in 1994 to be careful going into acting as a career!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The German chick is hot!

+1!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Not a classic like Indiana Jones but a fun movie.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
where is all this masonic treasure ! I could get lots of accessories for my AR

Yeah, but you probably STILL couldn't afford Knight's Armory RAS, POF gas-piston upper, a Surefire, or an ACOG.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#14]
It was a good, entertaining flick.  Good for the whole family.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I thought it was a good movie.
good family adventure type movie (not that I actually have a family or anything)
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I give it a C+ or a B-. I liked the history and Diane Krueger is such a hottie.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#17]
What about a thumb straight out option in the poll?  It was ok, not the worst, not the best.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Other than Cages' acting it was a real cool story. I think it didn't suck.

AB
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#19]
It wasn't bad.  If you can suspend your disbelief through the opening scene when Cage's team finds a 200 year old ship intact in the ice just below the surface you will probably enjoy the rest.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1
I really liked the movie. Nice to know they can still put out a great movie without all the crap that you wouldn't want a young child to see.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
I really liked the movie. Nice to know they can still put out a great movie without all the crap that you wouldn't want a young child to see.

Funny you say this. The theatre I went to yesterday to see Star Wars had a sign at the ticket booth saying children under the age 6 will not be permitted in Rated R movies after 6pm. Who the hell brings a child that young into a rated R movie?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Someone at Disney read "The DaVinci Code" and said ... ok lets do something like that, but change it enough so that we don't have to pay for the rights  ... and then we can beat the real thing to the theatre by a couple of years.

Maybe worth the 4 bucks to rent, but I got suckered into paying full price at the theatre because I'm an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:02:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Someone at Disney read "The DaVinci Code" and said ... ok lets do something like that, but change it enough so that we don't have to pay for the rights  ... and then we can beat the real thing to the theatre by a couple of years.

Maybe worth the 4 bucks to rent, but I got suckered into paying full price at the theatre because I'm an idiot.

I recomend "Davinci Code".  "National Treasure" didn't have the same depth.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:41:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a hard time putting aside all forms of common sense when watching movies.  Picking apart all the reality flaws of the movie "Waterworld" has become something of a past time for my brother and I.  National Treasure had several of the same types of flaws.

For one, Ben Franklin was supposedly part of this whole Mason/Knights Templar conspiracy to hide away such a vast fortune and keep it secret.  OK.  On the subject of keeping secrets Ben Franklin once said something to the effect of "The maximum number of people who can keep a secret is three, provided two of them are dead."  How many people would it have taken to construct the underground vault where the cash was kept?

Do torches readily light after sitting on a wall for 200 years?

Where were all the insects and rodents who certainly would have made such an underground cavern their home?

Why was the air still breathable in a stagnant, sealed, deep sub-surface chamber?  Or, if ventilation was provided, why was the area not damp, moldy, and slimy?

How many times can a document over 200 years old be rolled up, stuffed in a tube, pulled out and examined, and rolled back up again before it crumbles?  One of the big concerns with the Declaration is that time is taking it's toll on the parchment, so why was the movie version to damn durable?

If your going to get so far off the reality plane, throw in some space aliens, phase plasma rifles, and black magics just for kicks and giggles, otherwise, keep the plot on the ground.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I liked it.

Is any body a Mason?

Burning Sands?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:02:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a hard time putting aside all forms of common sense when watching movies.  Picking apart all the reality flaws of the movie "Waterworld" has become something of a past time for my brother and I.  National Treasure had several of the same types of flaws.

For one, Ben Franklin was supposedly part of this whole Mason/Knights Templar conspiracy to hide away such a vast fortune and keep it secret.  OK.  On the subject of keeping secrets Ben Franklin once said something to the effect of "The maximum number of people who can keep a secret is three, provided two of them are dead."  How many people would it have taken to construct the underground vault where the cash was kept?

Where were all the insects and rodents who certainly would have made such an underground cavern their home?

Why was the air still breathable in a stagnant, sealed, deep sub-surface chamber?  Or, if ventilation was provided, why was the area not damp, moldy, and slimy?

How many times can a document over 200 years old be rolled up, stuffed in a tube, pulled out and examined, and rolled back up again before it crumbles?  One of the big concerns with the Declaration is that time is taking it's toll on the parchment, so why was the movie version to damn durable?

If your going to get so far off the reality plane, throw in some space aliens, phase plasma rifles, and black magics just for kicks and giggles, otherwise, keep the plot on the ground.

You must be a hoot to goto the show with.

Yeah no shit.
It's a movie, like any others it has its b.s. It was enjoyable and worth the money
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I liked it.

Is any body a Mason?

Burning Sands?

[ETH]Did you know that the founder of the boyscouts was a Mason?[/ETH]

Why yes i did know that grain of trivia.  Did you know the Founding fathers of Sigma Chi fraternity were Masons?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:16:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I enjoyed the movie alot.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:40:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes, very predictable.  It wasn't a terrible movie, but it was far from great.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:43:32 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I bet you're a riot to watch movies with
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:11:43 AM EDT
[#35]
I suppose that as a "family movie" it was okay. As a regular movie, I felt it was like a piece of CGI being too smooth, lacking detail and believability. A movie should at least maintain a semblance of verisimilitude.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top