Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/11/2005 6:35:18 AM EDT
Can it please be explained to me why I can consistently be personally attacked and abused by moderators of this board, yet they do not get locked?

My gripe is with one in particular, which doesn't require mention - however, it is consistent.   It has gone on for months.  

I would like something done about it in the interest in fairness.

As it stands, I'm seeing people getting locked for discussing flashlights - and moderators spewing vile attacks without any result.

This board, which saddens me deeply, seems to be slipping into a mire it might not escape.

This is greatly depressing, as I've made friends through it and enjoyed it enormously.   We, as a community, need a resource like this - its a great utility to keep friendships and our community tightly knit.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:38:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:42:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Examples… or links?

ANdy
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:44:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can it please be explained to me why I can consistently be personally attacked and abused by moderators of this board, yet they do not get locked?

My gripe is with one in particular, which doesn't require mention - however, it is consistent.   It has gone on for months.  

As it stands, I'm seeing people getting locked for discussing flashlights - and moderators spewing vile attacks without any result.

This board, which saddens me deeply, seems to be slipping into a mire it might not escape.

This is greatly depressing, as I've made friends through it and enjoyed it enormously.   We, as a community, need a resource like this - its a great utility to keep friendships and our community tightly knit.

So why are multiple moderators so incredibly mean to you?

ETA: It's more of a "our community" if you actually SUPPORT the site!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This is a pretty vague complaint.

Can you specify any particular incidents that are troubling you?

tc6969, I have replied to you via email.

It is unneccessary to clog the board with direct references.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:44:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't believe you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:45:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For me, its just been one particular Moderator.
I have witnessed  other moderators acting improperly towards other users as well, however.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:45:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:45:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't believe you.

Oki dokie.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:45:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your no fun… We want the dirt!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:46:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For me, its just been one particular Moderator.
I have witnessed  other moderators acting improperly towards other users as well, however.

The question was "why" - although I'm also curious about "who"
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:46:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:46:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The thread in question has already been posted into the thread.

Call it trolling all you'd like, but this has been an issue as of late.   Sorry you find it trolling.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:50:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I find your user name offensive to me.

Can we have an earthenware Buddha? plastic Jesus? I don't think so.

p.s. I hate whiney tattle tales, suck it up. It's only the internet.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:50:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You started this thread so POST 'EM.

+1

No fucking kidding.  

If it's "unecessary to clog the board" with actual EVIDENCE of your accusations, then it was also unecessary for you to post this on the board in the first place.  You could just have emailed staff about it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:51:14 AM EDT
[#17]
OH  NO!!!!!!!!!

It was Eric The(Attack)Hun
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:51:48 AM EDT
[#18]
orry, but where exactly did ETH violate the COC?  I didn't see him calling you a [Full Metal Jacket DI]peter puffer[/Full MetalJacket DI] anywhere.  Did I?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:52:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The thread in question has already been posted into the thread.

Call it trolling all you'd like, but this has been an issue as of late.   Sorry you find it trolling.

Sorry to have to disagree with you, but the only "perrsonal attack" I saw in that threat that actually violated the CoC was YOURS.  (which you later edited)

In addition, your intitial post in this thread clearly stated a HISTORY of you being "personally attacked" - and you repeated this in the thread cited above.   You say this "has gone on for months"

Could you please provide examples of this on-going persecution that you are accusing moderators of.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
orry, but where exactly did ETH violate the COC?  I didn't see him calling you a [Full Metal Jacket DI]peter puffer[/Full MetalJacket DI] anywhere.  Did I?

He was about to call him an asshole wasn't he?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:52:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, if people wouldn't go around engaging others in battles of wit when they were utterly and totally naked and unarmed, they wouldn't get their feeling hurt so bad.

Toughen up, or take your ball and go home.

As for Eric....

Eric and I have had some sharp disagreements before, and probably will again.....but there's no sense in making physical threats.

And were you in a position to make good on those threats.....there's no doubt in my mind, you'd cork your mouth and turn and run away. Eric's too nice a guy to fight.......and his legions of friends are too ornery to let him.

So once again, if you can't handle being outwitted in every thread, take your ball and go home.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:52:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I think somebody got some sand stuck up there, if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:53:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Lame.  You got owned and now you're crying about it.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:53:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Personal attacks violate the COC.   His post was full of them.

As for it being the internet, indeed - it is JUST the internet.

However, I wonder why the COC of this board is enforced with hypocracy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:53:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Whiner
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:53:52 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
OH  NO!!!!!!!!!

He told me Happy B-day earlier.  So is that Eric The(bipolar)Hun?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:54:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was about to call him an asshole wasn't he?

Sir, no, sir!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:55:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Oh for goodness sake.  Forget it, just delete this thread - obviously its an impossible debate around here.  Bummer.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:56:49 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Oh for goodness sake.  Forget it, just delete this thread - obviously its an impossible debate around here.  Bummer.

Apparently the only thing this is impossible is for you to actually back up your accusations.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:56:52 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OH  NO!!!!!!!!!

He told me Happy B-day earlier.  So is that Eric The(bipolar)Hun?

He's Bipolar! Does that mean he goes in Bathhouses too!

I've always found Eric to be the most reasonable and civilized of Huns…

ANdy
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:57:00 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Remember, the only one allowed to get on the case of Moderators is a grumpy old man who plays with dolls and hates cats.  He's only allowed because he's funny about it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:57:00 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Owned again...
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:57:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Keep it as a debate and its cool, start whining and you get your ass handed to you. Have fun and don't take everything so personal. Geeees
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:57:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Personal attacks violate the COC.   His post was full of them.

As for it being the internet, indeed - it is JUST the internet.

However, I wonder why the COC of this board is enforced with hypocracy.

I really didn't see anything that amounted to an overt personal attack.  Not trying to be combative, but repost the psot that you are complaining of and mark what you consider to be personal attacks in yellow so everyone reading this thread can get a feel for what you found personally offensive.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:58:07 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Whiner

PERSONAL ATTACK!!1!1!!!

Heh.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:58:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:59:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:59:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whiner

PERSONAL ATTACK!!1!1!!!

Heh.

Damn , can't spell for shit

meant to say winner ----------- or did I
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:00:31 AM EDT
[#40]
This ain't smothering.com
Grow a backbone.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:01:53 AM EDT
[#41]
O-W-N...E-D you A-G-A-I-N, owned again, owned again, yes owned again, owned again...(sung to the tune of "Mickey Mouse")

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:04:21 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, get back here! Where are you going?

I'm not done yet....take this ------->

OMG - CeramicGod was right.  He is constantly being attacked by moderators.  This very thread is evidence.   Wolfpack should be banned !

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:04:54 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Owned again...

As has been aptly pointed out, its just the internet.   While I disagree, its overtly obvious that if one wishes to enjoy this board, you either:

A) Have to agree with moderators
B) Not give a crap and ignore the hypocracy

I'll shoot for B in the future.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:06:29 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Owned again...

As has been aptly pointed out, its just the internet.   While I disagree, its overtly obvious that if one wishes to enjoy this board, you either:

A) Have to agree with moderators
B) Not give a crap and ignore the hypocracy

Thanks!

You forgot:

(C) SUPPORT the site and become more of a part of the community

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:08:30 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

The Madness of Captain Queeg, from the film, "The Caine Mutiny",
written by Stanley Roberts, Michael Blankfort, from the novel, The Caine Mutiny, by Herman Wouk

(Captain Queeg removes the steel balls from his pocket and he spins them in his palm insistently as he speaks.)

Queeg: No, I, I don't see any need of that. Now that I recall, he might have said something about messboys and then again he might not -- I questioned so many men and Harding was not the most reliable officer.

Lt. Greenwald (Jose Ferrer): I'm afraid the defense has no other recourse than to produce Lt. Harding.

Queeg: Now there's no need for that I know exactly what hell tell you. Lies! He was no different than any officer in the wardroom -- they were all disloyal, I tried to run the ship properly by the book but they fought me at every turn. If the crew wanted to walk around with their shirttails hanging out that's all right let them take the tow line. Defective equipment no more no less, but they encouraged the crew to go around scoffing at me and spreading wild rumors about steaming and circles. And then old yellow stain. I was to blame for Lt. Merrick's incompetence and poor seamanship. Lt. Merrick was the perfect officer but not Captain Queeg.

Ah, but the strawberries! That's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes, but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, and with geometric logic, that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox did exist! And I'd have produced that key if they hadn't pulled Caine out of action! I-I-I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officer and!......

(suddenly realizes he has been ranting, babbling)

Naturally, I can only cover these things from memory if I've left anything out, why, just ask me specific questions and I'll be glad to answer them...one-by-one...

"Put that man on report- he's got his shirttail out!"

Hillary as Capt. Queeg:

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:08:39 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Owned again...

A) Have to agree with moderators Have some clout behind your convictions
B) Not give a crap and ignore the hypocracy Know what you're talking about

Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:14:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:23:00 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, get back here! Where are you going?

I'm not done yet....take this ------->

You go, Wolfpack!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:31:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top