Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/7/2006 11:12:25 AM EDT
Possibly my favorite Magnum episode ever.

WGN broadcast part 1 yesterday and part 2 today.

The ending is just so poetic. First time I've ever seen the good guy do what was so right when it was also wrong. But needed to be done. It was so hardcore.

The series ending finale wasn't too bad either.

I need to get them on DVD now. Between guns and movies, I stay broke all the time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:15:21 AM EDT
Bang!!!

Fade to Black. Silence.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:20:13 AM EDT
DAMN.... When I read this post I had flash backs to when I was a kid and saw that show.The guy ran to a car to go see the sunrise with Magnum and it blew up.

Thanks for the memories....

Slug-O
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:23:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 11:24:01 AM EDT by Zippy_The_Wonderdog]
Here is the feline translation of that episode of Magnum P.I.

(his name really is Ivan...)
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:34:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 11:34:16 AM EDT by Zippy_The_Wonderdog]
...and I guess that would be T.C. in the background...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:36:12 AM EDT
WGN...hell, the third season on DVD was released last week....do like I did, pick it up and watch it whenever you want!

I've watched it twice already....

The first three seasons of Magnum are out...in ARFCOM tradition, I've bought all three!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:58:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 11:58:28 AM EDT by dvr9]

Originally Posted By Slug-O:
DAMN.... When I read this post I had flash backs to when I was a kid and saw that show.The guy ran to a car to go see the sunrise with Magnum and it blew up.

Slug-O

Slug-O,

I think that was the episode where Mac was killed. The episode that rtech brings up was the one where Magnum kills the Russian who worked as intelligence/torturer for the VC and NVA. Magnum tracks him down on the island and kills him in cold blood.

One of my favorite episodes.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:00:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zippy_The_Wonderdog:

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:02:19 PM EDT
That was one of my favorites.

I also liked the one where Magnum shoots the Chinese martial arts guy in the face when he blinked. Remember that? He blinks before he strikes (and his strikes are deadly).
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:05:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zippy_The_Wonderdog:

Apparently, cat #2 is ready for dinner when cat #1 gets dispatched by the big bore.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:25:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:52:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dvr9:

Slug-O

Slug-O,

I think that was the episode where Mac was killed. The episode that rtech brings up was the one where Magnum kills the Russian who worked as intelligence/torturer for the VC and NVA. Magnum tracks him down on the island and kills him in cold blood.

Oops.................... Got that mixed up with another one. Never saw that episode
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:30:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dvr9:

Slug-O

Slug-O,

Oops.................... Got that mixed up with another one. Never saw that episode

Actually, you both are correct. Part 1 is where Mac has to stay with Thomas for a while. He is secretly undercover working for COL Buck trying to smoke out Ivan. Mac buys it when the Ferrari explodes from a boobytrap. Magnum feels guilty about it for a very long time.

An old VN friend of Magnum, TC and Rick's show up saying Ivan is trying to kill him. TC hides out in the woods with him, but secretly is working for the Russians and causes a flashback in TC to kill some dignitaries.

Part 2 is the plan to kill off high ranking dignitaries - US mil. Magnum and Rick foil the attempt.
The Dept of State refuses to prosecute Ivan, reports him as another foreign diplo-dunk and PNG's him. Thomas refuses to accept that, surveils him, ambush, secluded place, then - Ivan? BANG!

Great episode. Wouldn't have changed a thing.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:45:18 PM EDT
It's been a long time since I've seen that episode, and I only have Season 1 on DVD.

How did Magnum get away with it?

Jim
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:37:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KS_Physicist:
It's been a long time since I've seen that episode, and I only have Season 1 on DVD.

Jim

Shoot n Shaddup.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:01:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 6:02:00 PM EDT by Zippy_The_Wonderdog]
That is one aspect of that show that I have always considered. Thomas killed a lot of people, yet they never showed him going to trial, hiring a lawyer, etc.

Perhaps Robin Masters aka Higgins took care of shit for him.

Originally Posted By KS_Physicist:

Jim

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:18:12 PM EDT
I saw that episode when I was about 12 years old, and when I read the title of the thread I knew exactly what it was about. It definately stuck with me, TV perfection
Top Top