Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/17/2005 7:36:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:48:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dragunov:

The patients had to move. Men with fishing boats and guns - men Shard didn't know - helped ferry patients and staff one city block to Tulane's hospital.

Would be nice to know who these people are. They deserve a "thank you"
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:41:01 AM EDT
Actually, my NG unit got back from NOLA on the 15th. Let me tell you, I've never seen a city so deserted. I kept straining my ears to see if I could hear the moaning of the Dead on the wind. The theme music from the original Dawn of the Dead was playing in my head as we sped down I-10 on the way out of town. The exits were blocked in places with school buses and police cars and you could see people in the distance, maybe one or two just shuffling around. Talk about spooky as shit!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:49:49 AM EDT
I think it would have been interesting to hang out in NOLA for a few hours last week.

Just a few hours, mind you. Armed to the teeth.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:00:00 AM EDT
What was the point of blocking the exits? Were the blocked exits manned? or just blocked?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:41:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Spade:

Originally Posted By dragunov:

The patients had to move. Men with fishing boats and guns - men Shard didn't know - helped ferry patients and staff one city block to Tulane's hospital.

Would be nice to know who these people are. They deserve a "thank you"

+1
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:03:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
I think it would have been interesting to hang out in NOLA for a few hours last week.

Just a few hours, mind you. Armed to the teeth.

Maybe with a bunch of people like some experianced arfcommers, but armed groups and indiviuals in that senario will in most cases draw more incomming fire from the other idiots with guns usually from concealed positions.You know the drill right?
Top Top