Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 8:47:40 AM EDT
PDF document: Illegal Aliens And American Medicine

From the Journal Of American Physicans and Surgeons, Spring 2005.

Selections:

"many illegal aliens harbor fatal diseases that American medicine fought and vanquished long ago, such as drug-resistant tuberculosis, malaria, leprosy, plague, polio, dengue, and Chagas disease....

Many illegals who cross our borders have tuberculosis... Until recently MDR-TB (multidrug-resistant tuberculosis) was endemic in Mexico...Each illegal with MDR-TB coughs and infects 10-30 people who will not show symptoms immediately. Latent disease explodes later"

TB was virtually absent in Virginia until in 2002, when it spiked a 17 percent increase, but Prince William County, just south of Washington, D.C., had a much larger rise of 188 percent.

Public health officials blamed immigrants. In 2001 the Indiana School of Medicine studied an outbreak of MDR-TB, and traced it to Mexican illegal aliens. The Queens, New York, health department attributed 81 percent of new TB cases in 2001 to immigrants.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ascribed 42 percent of all new TB cases to 'foreign born' people who have up to eight times higher incidences apparently, 66 percent of all TB cases coming to America originate in Mexico, the Philippines and Vietnam."
Under the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act of 1985, hospitals are obligated to treat the uninsured without reimbursement.

"Government imposes viciously stiff fines and penalties on any physician and any hospital refusing to treat any patient that a zealous prosecutor deems an emergency patient, even though the hospital or physician screened and declared the patient's illness or injury non-emergency," says the report. "But government pays neither hospital nor physician for treatments. In addition to the fiscal attack on medical facilities and personnel, EMTALA is a handy truncheon with which to pummel politically unpopular physicians by falsely accusing them of violating EMTALA."

According to the report, between 1993 and 2003, 60 California hospitals closed because half their services became unpaid. Another 24 California hospitals verge on closure, the author writes.

"American hospitals welcome 'anchor babies,'" says the report. "Illegal alien women come to the hospital in labor and drop their little anchors, each of whom pulls its illegal alien mother, father, and siblings into permanent residency simply by being born within our borders. Anchor babies are citizens, and instantly qualify for public welfare aid: Between 300,000 and 350,000 anchor babies annually become citizens because of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and the State wherein they reside."

The report concludes with the following recommendations for protecting America:

* Closing America's borders with fences, high-tech security devices and troops.
   * Rescinding the U.S. citizenship of "anchor babies."
   * Punishing the aiding and abetting of illegal aliens as a crime.
   * An end to amnesty programs.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#1]
They just come to work.....without them our whole civilization will crumble !!!  
We need to welcome our aztlan brothers and their terrorists friends who come here for a better life.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep you gotta treat them insured or not.

CRC
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks The_Macallan.  Reason #322 why illegal immigrants need to be forcibly deported.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#5]
It's very concerning. The drug resistant TB they bring with them poses a serious threat.
Another reason to close the southern border.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#6]
bump
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing new and Michael Savage was screaming about this long ago
One case involved an Illegal Mexican Alien who had active TB, he managed to expose around 70 people before finally getting treatment for his condition
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't think it was possible for me to hate illegal aliens any more than I already did.

Apparently I was wrong!!!  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I didn't think it was possible for me to hate illegal aliens any more than I already did.

I think I'm more angry with our "elected officials" who most of them have totally ignored this issue

There are those who come here to actually work but there are plenty who just leech off the system

And then there are those who are involved in Criminal Activity ,Gangs and such they just really piss me off  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I'm more angry with our "elected officials" who most of them have totally ignored this issue

There are those who come here to actually work but there are plenty who just leech off the system

And then there are those who are involved in Criminal Activity ,Gangs and such they just really piss me off  

Agreed - I've got plenty of anger to go around.  

Make me take off my shoes at the fucking airport, but let millions of people just saunter over the damn border???    
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Thank you. For having the courage and conviction to expose more of the hidden costs and dangers of illegal immigration.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#12]
We are unable to turn anyone away by law.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed - I've got plenty of anger to go around.  

Make me take off my shoes at the fucking airport, but let millions of people just saunter over the damn border???    

That's right bro

But that ain't all, even the Feds have acknowledged that they have confirmed that not only has MS-13
(an El Salvadorian based gang) been involved in smuggling Middle Easterners across the US Mexico Border but they have had meetings with AL Qaeda in Honduras      Nice huh?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
We are unable to turn anyone away by law.  

But can you call Immigration and hold them to get picked up by the Feds?

Do they have to be treated in a certain order? Can they be absolutely LAST? Can you treat any and all walk-ins who are citizens before them?

Can you bill the Mexican Consulate for each and every illegal Aztlaner you treat - and send a copy of the bill to GWBush?

Can you give them the burred needles and worse-than-lousy attention and service?

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#15]
the "anchor babies" isn't applicable to foreign diplomats.  Their kids are not automatic citizens if born in the USA.  So, if it isn't applicable to those here legally why is it for those here illegally?  Stupidest law on the books, or one of them....there's quite a few now...
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I think at least two hospitals in San Jose, CA have already closed their emergency rooms and we lost at least one trauma center as well, due to illegals. The trauma center, for example, worked almost full-time treating knife wounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top