Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 7:54:12 PM EDT
Is this the line from the debates this year?

I think that this one ranks up there with "I knew Jack Kennedy, you are no Jack Kennedy".
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The funny thing is after the debate Edwards was giving a speech and saying the Vice-President had met him twice. Edwards apparently is to stupid to realize that only makes it worse implying Edwards is not memorable.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I voted twice in this poll
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Edwards is a loser

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Little Eddie never recovered from that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I liked Cheney's trenchant observation that both Kerry and Edwards voted to deny funding our troops in combat  out of political calculation, in the face of anti-war Howard Dean taking the lead in the primaries.

"If you couldn't stand up to Howard Dean, how will you stand up to al-Qaeda?"
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]

And with respect to this particular operation, we've seen a situation in
which, first, they voted to commit the troops, to send them to war, John
Edwards and John Kerry, then they came back and when the question was
whether or not you provide them with the resources they needed -- body
armor, spare parts, ammunition -- they voted against it.

I couldn't figure out why that happened initially. And then I looked and
figured out that what was happening was Howard Dean was making major
progress in the Democratic primaries, running away with the primaries based
on an anti-war record. So they, in effect, decided they would cast an
anti-war vote and they voted against the troops.

Now if they couldn't stand up to the pressures that Howard Dean represented,
how can we expect them to stand up to al Qaeda?

The end of that is THE quote from the debate, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#7]
OWNED!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I liked Cheney's trenchant observation that both Kerry and Edwards voted to deny funding our troops in combat  out of political calculation, in the face of anti-war Howard Dean taking the lead in the primaries.

"If you couldn't stand up to Howard Dean, how will you stand up to al-Qaeda?"

That was a brilliant jab.

However, much like Bush failed to do last week, Edwards didn't fight back forcefully enough with the line about sending our troops into the war without all that shit in the first place. He briefly mentioned it, but only in passing.

Whether it was true or not wouldn't matter. Countering with that point would have scored big with the dummies who don't think for themselves.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The funny thing is after the debate Edwards was giving a speech and saying the Vice-President had met him twice. Edwards apparently is to stupid too realize that only makes it worse implying Edwards is not memorable.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Ouch.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#11]

"The reason they keep trying to attack Halliburton is because they want to obscure their own record.

And Senator, frankly, you have a record in the Senate that's not very distinguished. You've missed 33 out of 36 meetings in the Judiciary Committee, almost 70 percent of the meetings of the Intelligence Committee.

You've missed a lot of key votes: on tax policy, on energy, on Medicare reform.

Your hometown newspaper has taken to calling you Senator Gone. You've got one of the worst attendance records in the United States Senate.

Now, in my capacity as vice president, I am the president of Senate, the presiding officer. I'm up in the Senate most Tuesdays when they're in session. The first time I ever met you was when you walked on the stage tonight."

"...the suicide bombers, in part, were generated by Saddam Hussein, who paid $25,000 to the families of suicide bombers.

I personally think one of the reasons that we don't have as many suicide attacks today in Israel as we've had in the past is because Saddam is no longer in business."

"...we've seen a situation in which, first, they voted to commit the troops, to send them to war, John Edwards and John Kerry, then they came back and when the question was whether or not you provide them with the resources they needed — body armor, spare parts, ammunition — they voted against it.

I couldn't figure out why that happened initially. And then I looked and figured out that what was happening was Howard Dean was making major progress in the Democratic primaries, running away with the primaries based on an anti-war record. So they, in effect, decided they would cast an anti-war vote and they voted against the troops. Now if they couldn't stand up to the pressures that Howard Dean represented, how can we expect them to stand up to Al Qaida?"

"It's hard, after John Kerry referred to our allies as a coalition of the coerced and the bribed, to go out and persuade people to send troops and to participate in this process.

You end up with a situation in which — talk about demeaning. In effect, you demean the sacrifice of our allies when you say it's the wrong war, wrong place, wrong time, and oh, by the way, send troops.

Makes no sense at all. It's totally inconsistent. There isn't a plan there."

"Your rhetoric, Senator, would be a lot more credible if there was a record to back it up. There isn't."

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ouch.

blog.johnkerry.com/blog/archives/Cheney-Edwards.jpg

Being in close proximity doesn't mean that they met.

He didn't say I'd never seen you or I'd never been in the same room as you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ouch.

A picture of the two standing back to back does not a "meeting" make.........
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The funny thing is after the debate Edwards was giving a speech and saying the Vice-President had met him twice. Edwards apparently is to stupid too realize that only makes it worse implying Edwards is not memorable.

Fixed it for you.

What's the matter, nobody typed flash hider in the past hour?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

And with respect to this particular operation, we've seen a situation in
which, first, they voted to commit the troops, to send them to war, John
Edwards and John Kerry, then they came back and when the question was
whether or not you provide them with the resources they needed -- body
armor, spare parts, ammunition -- they voted against it.

I couldn't figure out why that happened initially. And then I looked and
figured out that what was happening was Howard Dean was making major
progress in the Democratic primaries, running away with the primaries based
on an anti-war record. So they, in effect, decided they would cast an
anti-war vote and they voted against the troops.

Now if they couldn't stand up to the pressures that Howard Dean represented,
how can we expect them to stand up to al Qaeda?

The end of that is THE quote from the debate, IMO.

+1000
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Ouch.

Looks like Edwards walked past Cheney. I walked by a LOT of people today and never met any of them.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Ouch.

Ouch my ass. I've stood right next to Ed Avila.  He served me lunch. We've never met.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

What's the matter, nobody typed flash hider in the past hour?

Just killing time in the interim.  Misapplied terms and bad spelling must be okay, huh?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#20]
If Jimmy Carter and the Lucky Charms Guy were to breed, you'd get something that looked and sounded like Edwards.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ouch.

Ouch my ass. I've stood right next to Ed Avila.  He served me lunch. We've never met.

'zactly!!!!

I just say, "depends on what your definition of "met" is"

Gets the libs all worked up.

-LS (posting w/one hand while logged in as LL and feeding baby LS)
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#22]
It was a falsehood since there is video tape of them meeting, and they had met a total of three times in the three years prior.  Whether true or false, it dealt a powerful blow.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#23]
DEBUNKED!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134589,00.html

On Feb. 1, 2001, the vice president thanked Edwards by name at a Senate prayer breakfast and sat beside him during the event.

On April 8, 2001, Cheney and Edwards shook hands when they met off-camera during a taping of NBC's "Meet the Press," moderator Tim Russert said Wednesday on "Today."

On Jan. 8, 2003, the two met when the first-term North Carolina senator accompanied Elizabeth Dole to her swearing-in by Cheney as a North Carolina senator, Edwards aides also said.

Edwards didn't forget their prayer-breakfast meeting. The Democratic vice presidential candidate noted the discrepancy at a post-debate rally in a Cleveland park, calling it an example of Cheney "still not being straight with the American people."

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I loved the statement.  Although not technically true it had a great sting.  When anyone brings up the prior meeting if I were Cheney I would say something along the lines of this.

I guess that i made a better impression on your wife than you did for me.  Maybe it is my hair.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:53:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#28]
How many of these so called meetings did Edwards recall and counter with during the deabte?

Answer ZERO.

Momentous meetings they must have been eh?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Ouch.

What's with the dipshits that post that pic prefaced with 'ouch', 'oops', 'oopsie' & 'uh-oh'? Snide little twerps that think it debunks everything? Or unable to argue their position and that's all they've got?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

Wrong. You actually made it worse, genius. It should be "too stupid to realize". Don't quit your day job.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ouch.

What's with the dipshits that post that pic prefaced with 'ouch', 'oops', 'oopsie' & 'uh-oh'? Snide little twerps that think it debunks everything? Or unable to argue their position and that's all they've got?

Comments like that portray yourself exactly as our enemy sees us.  While occasionaly snide, neither little nor twerp accurately describe me.  I don't think it 'debunks' anything.  I was merely presenting ammo that they could potentially run with.  It WAS a great comment that had me rolling.

Seeing that picture shortly thereafter made me think, "Ouch", regardless of whether or not they'd shaken hands and exchanged pleasantries.  The picture alone after his comments makes our man look like one who tends to stretch the truth.  Not good.  Ouch.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

Wrong. You actually made it worse, genius. It should be "too stupid to realize". Don't quit your day job.

You bitch about me correcting people then do the same thing.  Hypocrite.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Is this the line from the debates this year?

I think that this one ranks up there with "I knew Jack Kennedy, you are no Jack Kennedy".

Motown, where did you get that advatar. If I can find a bigger picture of it, that will be my new wallpaper.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Hardly big enough for wallpaper, but submitted nonetheless:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top