Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2007 8:43:50 AM EDT
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTvkhZ-D4VY

Definitely NOT a Rick roll
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#1]
What a great way to fuck with the fighter guys during an exercise: Retrofit the Buff's weapons bays with chaff/flare dispensers.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What a great way to fuck with the fighter guys during an exercise: Retrofit the Buff's weapons bays with chaff/flare dispensers.

No need. The Buff carries plenty of both as it is.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#3]
The B-52..... the .45 .50 M2 (Ma Deuce) of airplanes.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#4]
50 years old and still kicking ass.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Great video!

I enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No need. The Buff carries plenty of both as it is.

And we HATE putting them up on both aircraft...
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#7]
it has a projected 100 year service life right? awesome plane.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#8]
That video is full of win.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#9]
That is a fantastic video. Very well done. Made the 52 look like a mean bastard.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Put the guns back on.  More than one jock came in for the easy kill only to get downed.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That is a fantastic video. Very well done. Made the 52 look like a mean bastard.

Hell, the video didn't do anything more than show the truth.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Put the guns back on.  More than one jock came in for the easy kill only to get downed.

I believe there were 3 in VN.  1 with the quad .50s, and two with the 20mm M61.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not going to happen, simply because the B-52 will not be flown into air-to-air threat environments... Thus the guns are dead-weight...

It's got the SMALLEST payload, the SLOWEST speed, and is the LEAST survivable of our 3 heavy bomber models...

In order by payload & speed:

B-1
B-2
B-52

The B-2 is the most survivable, and the most likely to be flying around in an environment with an enemy fighter threat...
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

2 that I know of in VN. Both were with the .50's as there were no H models (the ones with the 20mm) in theater. Just F's at first, then D's and G's. Mostly D's.

Quoted:
Not going to happen, simply because the B-52 will not be flown into air-to-air threat environments... Thus the guns are dead-weight...

It's got the SMALLEST payload, the SLOWEST speed, and is the LEAST survivable of our 3 heavy bomber models...

In order by payload & speed:

B-1
B-2
B-52

The B-2 is the most survivable, and the most likely to be flying around in an environment with an enemy fighter threat...

Check the Mission Capable rates of all three types.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding!  I never heard that.

-K
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding!  I never heard that.

-K
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#17]
I always thought the MB-1/AIR-2A  was far better than a gun on a bomber myself.  We stockpiled that unit until 1984.  We should have kept them for ground attack in the sandbox...

Lem
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Very cool video
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#19]
very cool vid.

I was at an airshow and the did two flybys..the first was a low / slow passing B-52 the size is unreal

the second was a B1....  I pooped my pants.

we were all watching the B-52 and then this black dot came over the mountain range, swooped down like a bird and was like 10 feet off the ground coming straight at us (not really 10 feet but u get the picture)  the crowed freaked as it passed over us to the left...we felt the pressure wave it was so close.

god I loved military air shows for military personnel.  the civies shows suck in comparison.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top