Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2008 4:31:53 AM EDT
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I don't see it.

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,364245,00.html

A Florida theft suspect was arrested Friday on firearms charge after police discovered photos of a young girl holding a gun on his cell phone, according to a report.

Toby Allen, 30, a five-time felon, was under investigation for the alleged robbery of equipment from his employer, a lawn maintenance company, when Brevard County Sheriff's detectives found pictures of an unidentified 6-year-old child posing with a pistol with her finger on the trigger, MyFOXOrlando.com reported.

Other photos display Allen with an SKS rifle, according to the report.

Click here to view disturbing cell phone photos.

“It’s alarming to say the least,” Detective Steve Hill told MyFOXOrlando.com. “While the photos are not enough make a case for a child abuse charge, we are very concerned about Allen’s actions and are continuing to investigate.”

Allen and a roommate were arrested without incident during a raid on his home, MyFOXOrlando reported.

ETA: Check out the video of the story they have linked to this page:

www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=063726FD1234B5D1BE52E1188313C25D?contentId=6713628&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:34:56 AM EDT
[#1]
"Five-time felon" and still walking the streets.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:37:13 AM EDT
[#2]
That is disturbing. How is she going to defend herself with an unloaded pistol?
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:37:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:39:48 AM EDT
[#4]
The article implies he was arrested for the pics of the girl with the gun. They seem to shy away from the fact he was (I would hope) arrested because he is a 5-time felon and has pics of himself with guns on that phone as well.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:44:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:46:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Children handling unloaded firearms borders on child abuse?
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

And he's 30!

He couldn't have served much time for his 5 Felonies.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:56:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

And he's 30!

He couldn't have served much time for his 5 Felonies.

But think of the poor people committing the felonies!!!

Their feelings get hurt in prison and stuff.  Guns don't have feelings.  If we ban them, all of those poor felons won't be able to kill people!  
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:59:58 AM EDT
[#9]
damn that's a big bore
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 5:09:21 AM EDT
[#10]
So I guess I am in trouble to, my kid looked at a gun in a case at the gun store the other day. Holy crap this stuff is so stupid its unreal. He is a 5 time felon and evidently has firearms, well last I heard that might be a crime huh, but his kid holding a empty firearm is definately one. according to these dumbA****. Man I do not understand why so many is this country will do and say anything to get rid of firearms, man I just don't get it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 5:15:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
damn that's a big bore

You could park a Buick sideways in that thing.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 5:22:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Children handling firearms borders on child abuse?

Could be considered a form of neglect but not abuse.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 5:47:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't think the issue is the picture of the gun, the issue is clearly, the 5 time felon is around guns.  Was he in possession of or in the company of firearms?  The picture seems to indicate that fact.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 5:49:18 AM EDT
[#14]
My 11 year old firing my P99 with 124gr +p Gold Dots.

I am thankful I don't have a dog.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 5:50:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
damn that's a big bore

You could park a Buick sideways in that thing.

It looks like a front view of a S&W "Mountain Gun" in .45 Colt.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 5:52:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I don't think the issue is the picture of the gun, the issue is clearly, the 5 time felon is around guns.  Was he in possession of or in the company of firearms?  The picture seems to indicate that fact.

Yep, this is why he was arrested. The second link I posted admits that.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 5:56:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I hope so. Otherwise it's really fucked up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top