Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 7:39:16 PM EDT
I have been wanting it since it came out but cant get any good reviews, is it good or not?

BTW.............I have the XBOX
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Definite yes.  I bought it for XBox.  Be aware though it is single player.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it out for the 360
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Great I'm going to get it tonight at wally-world.............
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is it out for the 360

No and No I asked.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Dammit, guess I'll just have to get Advance Combat Warrior instead
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is it out for the 360

The developers won't be making it for the 360.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Dammit, guess I'll just have to get Advance Combat Warrior instead

If you mean Ghost Recon "Advanced Warfighter" I bought it is great but Difficult as hell.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it out for the 360

Well that's a buncha shit right there
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it out for the 360

They said in the article I read that they feel there is too much potential left in the Xbox to bother making the game for the 360.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it out for the 360

Isn't the Xbox 360 backwards compatible? Just get the one for the regular Xbox and play it!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it out for the 360

Isn't the Xbox 360 backwards compatible? Just get the one for the regular Xbox and play it!

If you are on XBox live and own the harddrive you can download what you need to plat most of the better sellers of the past.  With most new XBox games thier is no patch, I believe Black is one of those with no patch.  You cannot transfer saves from hardrives either.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#12]
It's mediocre.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's mediocre.

At best.

Enemy AI sucks.  And the "assault weapons" have NO accuracy.  It's frustrating as hell trying to take a shot that'd only be 75-100 yards in real life and miss completley.  Even with the target reticule on a non-moving target and the rifle in semi-auto you still miss by a mile.  Although if you pull out your pistol you can usually make that same shot.

Oh, and you have to hit the bad guys 7-10 times with your AK before they go down.  And the gun models are all wrong; most of rifles have the bolts on the left side of the reciever (when it's on the right side in real life) so you can see the animation of the charachter cocking the bolt.  As a gun nerd it grates at me.

Rent it if you must but for God's sake don't buy it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:39:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's mediocre.

At best.

Enemy AI sucks.  And the "assault weapons" have NO accuracy.  It's frustrating as hell trying to take a shot that'd only be 75-100 yards in real life and miss completley.  Even with the target reticule on a non-moving target and the rifle in semi-auto you still miss by a mile.  Although if you pull out your pistol you can usually make that same shot.

Oh, and you have to hit the bad guys 7-10 times with your AK before they go down.  And the gun models are all wrong; most of rifles have the bolts on the left side of the reciever (when it's on the right side in real life) so you can see the animation of the charachter cocking the bolt.  As a gun nerd it grates at me.

Damn, i was hoping to chime in before the "it sucks because its not like real life crowd".  Damn guys, its a video game/movie/tv show.  It's meant for entertainment, not a history lesson
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:50:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's mediocre.

At best.

Enemy AI sucks.  And the "assault weapons" have NO accuracy.  It's frustrating as hell trying to take a shot that'd only be 75-100 yards in real life and miss completley.  Even with the target reticule on a non-moving target and the rifle in semi-auto you still miss by a mile.  Although if you pull out your pistol you can usually make that same shot. h,

+1
If it were not for Gamefly I would have bought this and been dissapointed.  As it is now played it finished it and returned it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's mediocre.

At best.

Damn, i was hoping to chime in before the "it sucks because its not like real life crowd".  Damn guys, its a video game/movie/tv show.  It's meant for entertainment, not a history lesson

The gun being reversed (or maybe the special forces dude can only get left hand firearms to shoot) isn't that big of a deal.  The biggest thing is that it just isn't fun to play.

The guns are RIDICULIOUSLY inaccurate.  You end up having to spray 30-40 rounds at each guy if they aren't more than a few feet away.  It takea away the fun factor when you can see the guys shooting at you (and hitting you) but your gun consistently won't him them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top