Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/28/2003 6:36:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/28/2003 8:35:01 PM EDT by Slumlord]
[url=http://home.quixnet.net/~mcress/a%20bad%20day%20for%202240.WMV]Right click to save the movie[/url] Yes, the front tires are not moving at all and she is still in the car. Anyone else deal with people like this? [url=http://home.quixnet.net/~mcress/2240%20son.WMV]This is her son[/url]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:40:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/28/2003 6:41:55 PM EDT by echo6]
ROTFLMAO!! Dont you love this line of work? You need to read "Care and Feeding of Tenants" by Andy Kane [:D] edit to add...did you ever come up with a solution to your fencing problem? echo6
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:05:07 PM EDT
No real solution to the fence problem yet. Also we put the fence posts in while we waited for the rest of the fence to be fabricated. This turned out to be a big mistake. Most of the posts were pulled up or bent over within the first couple nights. Oh well, live and learn. In the mean time things are always interesting.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:31:27 PM EDT
so did they take her to jail?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:37:24 PM EDT
Would a class 3 SAW be considered a business expense? Maybe after you swiss-cheese a car or two with tenants watching, your problem will be solved. I'm the president of my condo assoc., and I can't imagine how bad your situation sucks. As it is, the neighbors here have 3 abandoned cars that they refuse to remove. I'm thinking that an air pistol can cause enough broken glass to where it'll be 'dangerous' enough that the cops tow them. Sumlord, have yourself a beer, and keep posting this stuff!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:54:30 PM EDT
I'm the president of my condo assoc., and I can't imagine how bad your situation sucks. As it is, the neighbors here have 3 abandoned cars that they refuse to remove.
View Quote
Your by-laws don't contain something about inoperable/unregistered/and or uninsured motor vehicles being towed at the owners expense? echo6
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:33:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By echo6:
I'm the president of my condo assoc., and I can't imagine how bad your situation sucks. As it is, the neighbors here have 3 abandoned cars that they refuse to remove.
View Quote
Your by-laws don't contain something about inoperable/unregistered/and or uninsured motor vehicles being towed at the owners expense? echo6
View Quote
I agree, about once a month I have the wreckers tow all the inopperable cars on property. They collect that fast. I am dumbfounded as to how broken down cars still seem to drive onto my place.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:40:56 PM EDT
id hit it
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:45:42 PM EDT
Looks like an upstanding citizen being victimized. [}:D] Chris
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:31:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Chris_in_TX: Looks like an upstanding citizen being victimized. [}:D] Chris
View Quote
An upstanding citizen who got laughed out of eviction court today by the judge.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:11:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/29/2003 6:19:17 PM EDT by mr_camera_man]
Originally Posted By echo6:
View Quote
View Quote
The cars belong to people in the building next door, not residents of my building. I've bitched to their treasurer, who said that they're "doing something about it". [rolleyes] In the meantime, I can't take action because I'm not an officer of their association, and the police won't touch it because they don't pose a hazard. They sure pose a threat to property value, though... Edit... there isn't much that they can do, because the owner is paying for the spots, and these cars actually have current registration. I can't believe that these cars that haven't moved in a year and a half, filled to the tops of the seats with papers, actually have current tags and city stickers. I'm seriously considering using a pellet gun on the windows and radiators as an option.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:20:44 PM EDT
DAMN!! You really are a "Slum Lord"!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:24:51 PM EDT
Geez, and here I wanted to get an investment property....
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:29:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By fight4yourrights: DAMN!! You really are a "Slum Lord"!!
View Quote
No matter how much we do to make the place better, we can't get away from bad tenants.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:34:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Slumlord:
Originally Posted By fight4yourrights: DAMN!! You really are a "Slum Lord"!!
View Quote
No matter how much we do to make the place better, we can't get away from bad tenants.
View Quote
I'm not blaming you - I've experienced enough of the section 8 people to know what you are talking about. Some folks just don't like it nice. Look at your fence - stolen (or vandalized) before you could even get it put up.
Top Top