Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 1:44:42 PM EDT
background...
our house is 2 years old thus all of the fixtures that came with said house are basically new.  Wifey decides that the perfectly good toilet is too low and she needs one a bit taller.  I agree cause I was at a loss as to what to get her for xmas and this seemed like an excellent white trash  ("My name is Earl") gift.  Last friday I purchase Bowl and tank cause I'm not sure about the interchangeability.  I tell her I'm gonna install it after work on tue.

Tue:
wife: can I help you?

me: sure can

wife: -dissappears-

I finish  installing the bowl and decide the tanks are all the same (both are 6 LPF and use the same flush mech) and I decide to save a few bucks and use the original tank.

wife: arn't you gonna use that new tank?

me: naw, their both the same I figure I'll take the new one back

wife:  (flushing the new comode) look here it dont look like its flushing all the way!

me:  its fine I checked it

wife:  no look again it won't flush the turds all the way out!

me: its  fine I compared it to the other ones

this went on for 30 minutes until I ended up screaming at her in front of her mother   Finallly  I decided I was basically screwed as there was no convincing her  otherwise  so I install the new tank

wife:  hmmmm, it works the same I guess you were right after all

me: didn't I tell  you, we've been through this same argument before concerning things mechanical

wife: well I just thought ...womens intuition and all

5 mins later  

wife: look its leaking

me: no its still filling

wife: no its not working right, the other one would fill-up a lot faster and the water would stop moving...see

me: there's nothing wrong

wife: arn't you gonna fix it?

me: didn't we just go through this exact same arguement?

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm guessing he is tells us all about it because he hasn't gotten any pie since.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top