Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 2:51:18 PM EDT
i think i am.

the girl i am currently sleeping with always give me shit because i still use condoms even though she is on birth control. well, after having quite the scare with some slut, i don't think i want to repeat all of that.

am i being too paranoid?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#1]
My son would suggest that birth control often fails.  Specially condoms, they have "blow outs" when the speed gets to high.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Kids last a lifetime. STDs are just temporary... YMMV.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Sly

exactly. i don't want or need either.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Sly

What he Said
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#5]
If your confident that you both are disease free , then oral contraceptives for women are
over 95% which is higher then condoms . Not to mention RU 486 just in case .

But if you lust for Latex , then by all means ..... Wrap that Rascal
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
STDs are just temporary... YMMV.
Sly

Some STDs are there for a lifetime, you can just use drugs to keep them suppressed.

But even if your woman is on the Pill, there is a very very very slight chance she may get pregnant.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Use more than one type of birth control. If she has a problem with that find another girl.

936 weekly payments. Its just not worth it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#8]
If you are "with" a girl and you don't trust her 100%, you can't trust birth control.  Same goes for your wife too, I know of couple where we are almost certain the wife stopped taking birth control on purpose.  As for birth control itself, in 7 years my wife got pregnant the two times we wanted to.  Now we'll move in with the "final solution"!  So, in a nutshell, can you trust birth control? Yes.  Can you trust women? Heeeeeeellll NO.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
STDs are just temporary... YMMV.
Sly

Some STDs are there for a lifetime, you can just use drugs to keep them suppressed.

But even if your woman is on the Pill, there is a very very very slight chance she may get pregnant.

Hence, YMMV.  Besides if you get a good nasty std, I hear some of em will shorten your time spent paying for unwanted bastards.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you are "with" a girl and you don't trust her 100%, you can't trust birth control.  Same goes for your wife too, I know of couple where we are almost certain the wife stopped taking birth control on purpose.  As for birth control itself, in 7 years my wife got pregnant the two times we wanted to.  Now we'll move in with the "final solution"!  So, in a nutshell, can you trust birth control? Yes.  Can you trust women? Heeeeeeellll NO.

This happens sssoooooooooooo often!  Regardless of how much you trust your woman, if she wants a kid, she will have one.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Thats the nice thing about being a cat doctor!  There is always backup available!   You would not believe how many times I have had other docs call me at 2am.  Shit! the condom broke, what do I do? I did give her that but she puked it up!  LOL

But if your going to part take you have to be able to take care of the product!  I always love to see the babies that I delivered.  Kids make life worth living.

BC fails ALL THE TIME.  A lot of the pregnancies are on BC.  So  becareful.  

If you shot and ate more animals you would do better.  A bear in Alaska for instance.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If you are "with" a girl and you don't trust her 100%, you can't trust birth control.  Same goes for your wife too, I know of couple where we are almost certain the wife stopped taking birth control on purpose.  As for birth control itself, in 7 years my wife got pregnant the two times we wanted to.  Now we'll move in with the "final solution"!  So, in a nutshell, can you trust birth control? Yes. Can you trust women? Heeeeeeellll NO.

My wife knows two females who got pregnant "while on birth control".
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I pull out and aim for the face....

Actually, an ex of mine got knocked up twice and both times she was on the pill... You can infer whatever you would like, but I have had it confirmed from three people that she was taking her pill. I think it's jacked up, but it does happen.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#14]
in the words of i don't know who:

The only safe sex is abstinence

did i spell it right?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#15]
the question is can you trust your girlfriend to take the pills on time
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Not a good thing, trust nothing I quess.  Me Im glad being alone, most the time
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:41:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
in the words of i don't know who:

The only safe sex is abstinence

did i spell it right?

or with Rosey palm
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#18]
negative
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Let's say you're using condoms for BC and they're 95% successfull. That's 5 failures per 100. Then let's say you have sex twice a week, 104 times a year. That means, on average, the condom fails about 5 times a year. Now all you have to do is line up a failure with the woman's fertile time and you're a daddy. OK, it's not that simple because women don't always get pregnant even when  BC isn't used, but you get the odds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top