Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/24/2003 2:12:04 PM EDT
I see these guys practicing their Karate and my friend starts telling me how tough they are
so I say Karate isn't going to do anything once I grab you and put you on the ground.

so know we are in this big thing and my friend wants me to prove myself against one of these guys. so here is what I am thinking they work mostly on kicks and punches so get inside and go for the takedown to get them off their feet?

good tactic, should be interesting to see if these guys will take me up on my offer.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Just tackle his ass and start beating the shiz out of him.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Karate is for people that can't afford a gun.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm with snipley spear his ass and drive him in the ground
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#4]
You are going to have to be willing to take AT LEAST one punch or kick on the way in.  The guy knows this is your tactic so you are fucked on the surprise.

If the particular person you are fighting has studied pressure points, outside the obvious, you are also in store for some interesting pain when up close.  

Not impossible, but you have handicapped yourself by fighting someone who knows your strategy going in...

IMHO
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#5]
If he uses a pressure point on you grab his balls and squeeze.

Hell if he is gonna fight like a byatch so can you.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#6]
What exact form of martial arts are they practicing?  You better pray it wasn't Judo or similar.  They'll have you on your ass before you can blink.

I've always been amazed at the necessity of some young men to prove how tough they are.  The toughest men I've ever met had nothing to prove and they didn't go around running their mouths about how bad they were.  But the smallest dogs always bark the most.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Point your gun at him and say, "GET THE FUCK ON THE GROUND NOOOOOOOW ASSHOLE!!!!!!"

You win!

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Too bad they want to play "dojo ballet" instead of "I dont give a f*** if you end up in the hospital"
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, you're probably going to do ok with someone who knows [i]only[/i] karate if you can absorb a few (possibly serious) strikes on the way in.  If they're all about kicking and striking, grappling is the way to go.  [b]Never box a boxer, never wrestle a wrestler[/b].  In a practical martial art, versatility is the name of the game.  If you only know how to grapple or only know how to strike, you're pretty much screwed.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah, you're probably going to do ok with someone who knows [i]only[/i] karate if you can absorb a few (possibly serious) strikes on the way in.  If they're all about kicking and striking, grappling is the way to go.  [b]Never box a boxer, never wrestle a wrestler[/b].  In a practical martial art, versatility is the name of the game.  If you only know how to grapple or only know how to strike, you're pretty much screwed.
View Quote

Ding, ding, ding.....

I always thought Judo and Tae Kawn Do was a bad ass combo...
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If he uses a pressure point on you grab his balls and squeeze.

Hell if he is gonna fight like a byatch so can you.
View Quote

I'm sorry, using pressure points == fighting like a byatch?  If I make you drop your guard with a pressure point strike so I can take your head off with a left hook, is that fighting like a byatch?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#13]
There is no such thing as fighting like a bitch. If pulling hair helps me win, then so be it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I've heard brass knuckles to the nutts, back(kidneys), shins, and the back of the heard will leave you on the plus side [(:)]

Dont go looking for a fight, but if you must: Listen to Heavy Metal or Rock first. Then take a handful of speeders. Then call up someone who hates you/you hate them to get you going. Then picture them pissing on your grandmothers shoes.

Now, that addreanaline high should be enough to take many direct blows from Ching Dung Wang. Just keep on beating him until the police show up. [;D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#16]
After grappling for only 1 month, I tapped out a tae kwon do guy in nothing flat. Jab a couple of times just to make him think you want to box him, then go for the takedown. Watch for the low kicks though, those things hurt like a muthafuck. As far as getting your ass beat, hmmm.... If I were a betting man (and I am) I would have to say that my money is not on you. Especially if this guy knows what he is doing. So in essence, yes, you will get your ass beat.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Use a Taser! 50,000 volts will put them on thier a$$.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#18]
If you get a chance to when fighting talk shit to him to I have found that helps. If you do get him down and are pounding him scream and shout fraises like "I'm gonna kill you mother f***er!!!"
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#19]
You're screwed!

You need to kneecap the other guy, and that better be while you are receiving instructions, 'cause once the thrashing starts, it's gonna be over.  NEVER let the other side know what you do or don't know.

Good luck, get video, post it here [:D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Well since you have too ask.......

I'd say yes,you're in for the beating of your life.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I sense a "hold my beer and watch this" moment coming on.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Use the Magnum PI method. Point a 1911 in his face and if he blinks, blow his head off.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#23]
you should look up DevL

read his post in the fitness and self defense forum under something like "help me pick a martial art"

i'd bet he'd have some good advice
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Get some videos of the Gracie(sp?) brothers young grasshopper.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Karate is a joke.  AikiJujitsu on the other hand...
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I sense a "hold my beer and watch this" moment coming on.
View Quote

[lol] Yup. As you enter the fighting stance, look beyond his left shoulder, point, and scream "LOOK". When he looks, put your shoulder into his gut and take him down. Good Luck. [rofl2]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Dirty Hairy, a little know member of the San Fran PD once said " Go ahead punk, make my day". I suggest you go purchase yourself a nice little S&W in .44Mag and introduce yourself to this guy, his brother, roomate and anyone else who is earshot to your new friend. Now dont forget to catch up on your Dirty Hairy lingo first. Well punk [):)]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#28]
You're going to get hurt. Really hurt. I would suggest backing down.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I can tell you are young, so I will give you the advise my dad gave me.

1. There is always someone that can kick your ass, most likely there are several.

3. Sometimes it's all about who is willing to go to the hospital ,are you. Are you willing to die over the reason you are in this position ? If the answer is yes to BOTH, you stand a very good chance that your challenger will back down or beg for you to stop biting him in the nuts.

4. It is OK to bite someone in the dick as long as you really do not like it.

My best guess from the infomation you have given me is you will be lose. [B(]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#30]
 When your rushing him , Keep your head down elbows and forearms under your chin, like a real compact boxer stance. This gaurds against his most effective weapon against your charge(knee to the chin). At the last moment before impact straiten up fast just in case an elbow strike or a cross punch was his intention.Then his Karate is worthless. Now you just hope he didn't study jujitzu.
 This when you need about 2 weeks of Krav Maga training
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
 When your rushing him , Keep your head down elbows and forearms under your chin, like a real compact boxer stance. This gaurds against his most effective weapon against your charge(knee to the chin). At the last moment before impact straiten up fast just in case an elbow strike or a cross punch was his intention.Then his Karate is worthless. Now you just hope he didn't study jujitzu.
View Quote

And when you land on your face because he side stepped you and picked your ankle with his ankle and then lightly pushed you off balance as you fell to the ground. Get right back up and try the same thing again untill you wear him out. That will show him and his buddys[;D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

There was this guy once who said don't learn to fight a "style".  You may run into a guy whose natural way of fighting overcomes your "style".  Take what is useful, [b]for you[/b], and forget what doesn't work for you.  He was a small guy but he kicked everyone's ass. Do like Fizassist says, be versatile.  Who's the guy I'm talking about.  

TS
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

ROFL!

Also if you do wild and crazy stuff before the takedown it freaks them out.  

suddenly burst into a weird scream and wild jestures.  do stuff to mess with their head.

Some dudes in ancient times used to hold up entire divisons by stand there unclothed, yelling and screaming wildly with a dagger, and would slash himself to freak everyone out that he could take pain.  the swordsman would often run away from types like this.[NI]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

1. There is always someone that can kick your ass, most likely there are several.

3. Sometimes it's all about who is willing to go to the hospital ,are you. Are you willing to die over the reason you are in this position ? If the answer is yes to BOTH, you stand a very good chance that your challenger will back down or beg for you to stop biting him in the nuts.

View Quote

It seem a dick in the mouth is a reoccuring theme in your advice.
I'm guessing you give the same advice on choosing lottery numbers
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
And when you land on your face because he side stepped you and picked your ankle with his ankle and then lightly pushed you off balance as you fell to the ground. Get right back up and try the same thing again untill you wear him out. That will show him and his buddys
View Quote

View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings when I pointed out the flaws in your post. I really am No BULLSHIT. I would rather the author of the post see what we would be in for if he followed your advise.

The reference to the lottery, is that some kind of prison lingo to see who's going to be the  bitch ? If it was an attempt to hurt my feelings you did, it made me sad [:(] are you happy now ?

Good luck when you try the head down rushem thing
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#39]
I've beaten the daylights out of black belts in Karate long before I took any martial arts.  Karate is just generally impractical in a street fight.  It generally comes down to fighting experience, size and dedication.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Rather than picking a fight, why don't you train with this bunch a little? I wouldn't suggest anyone picking a fight. You never know who you may come up against. In this case, you know that they have at least some training.

The style of martial arts I teach is based on Okinawan Karate but that is just for the traditional aspect, techniques, forms, etc.. For self-defense I teach mixed martial arts--the best of every style--and just plain down and dirty street fighting. Our motto is, "Whatever it takes."

I suspect most martial arts schools nowadays teach mixed martial arts along with a tradiional style. The Ultimate Fighing Championship, Pride Fighting, K1, etc. have shown that a single style is not very effective.

BTW, even though I'm only 5'9" and can kick a 6'4" person in the head with at least 10 different kicks, in a street fight I'm not gonna kick any higher than the ribs and usually only knee or groin height. At those heights I doubt you could catch my leg as my kicks are just too fast. And, don't bother pulling your gun out unless you are at a good distance as I'm gonna take it from you.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
And when you land on your face because he side stepped you and picked your ankle with his ankle and then lightly pushed you off balance as you fell to the ground. Get right back up and try the same thing again untill you wear him out. That will show him and his buddys
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings when I pointed out the flaws in your post. I realy am No BULLSHIT.

The reference to the lottery, is that some kind of prison lingo to see who's going to be the  bitch ?
View Quote

I've read some of your other posts, seems like you spend a lot of effort trying to convince yourself that your some kind of badass.

I was trying to help the guy get inside,A**HOLE.
What did you do , tell him how bad you are and tell him he was going to get his *ss kicked!
And as far as the flaws in my post,you dont know! Youve never been in a serious fight in your life!
Now go back to your X-box
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

ROFL!

Also if you do wild and crazy stuff before the takedown it freaks them out.  

suddenly burst into a weird scream and wild jestures.  do stuff to mess with their head.

Some dudes in ancient times used to hold up entire divisons by stand there unclothed, yelling and screaming wildly with a dagger, and would slash himself to freak everyone out that he could take pain.  the swordsman would often run away from types like this.[NI]
View Quote

Unfortunately the bowman would not.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Use the Magnum PI method. Point a 1911 in his face and if he blinks, blow his head off.
View Quote

Excellent episode.  Magnum even warned him that even he wasn't that fast.

Remember when that blinking-eye crazy dude was riding in the back of Rick's bike?  The camera zoomed onto Rick's back.  He had to run like hell but too bad they didn't show it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#44]
You just don't know how good your opponent is going to be in a fight.  He might SUCK at the karate he's learning, but may be one hell of a street fighter or something.

It's TOTALLY STUPID to even think about getting into a fight with somebody just to prove yourself. You need a better reason than that.

It's a bad reason, and if you start a fight for that reason, you totally DESERVE to get your ass kicked up around your ears.

Any well-trained karate student won't start a fight. He knows that his best fighting technique is defensive,  and your taking the offensive is probably going to play into his hands.

I take a martial art but it's not karate or judo or aikido or anything like that.  I take iaido, or the art of drawing and cutting with the Japanese sword.  It's not a contact sport!  But the school teaches very solid styles of aikido, karate, and judo, and I wouldn't dare to think that ANY of the higher ranked students in ANY of those disciplines would be a pushover.   The school isn't in the business of handing out belts and the students EARN every promotion.   All the black belts are people I wouldn't want to confront without a minigun.

CJ

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#45]
The way I see it you're best chance is to use some psy warfare.

Walk in and act a bit light in the loafers.  While you're fighting say something like... "I've been admiring you from afar for months.  It turns me on seeing the sweat drip off you're strong muscles."  He'll look at you really weird, then he'll probably look over at one of his friends... That's your chance.  When he looks in the other direction go in for the kill!

Underhanded... yes, but it might just work.

rssc  
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#46]
"Some have the speed, and the right combinations;
but if you can't take the punces, it don't mean a thing."
                                -Warren Zevon
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#47]
You people are full of hatred and violence. You should not be allowed to own guns.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was this guy once who said don't learn to fight a "style".  You may run into a guy whose natural way of fighting overcomes your "style".  Take what is useful, [b]for you[/b], and forget what doesn't work for you.  He was a small guy but he kicked everyone's ass. Do like Fizassist says, be versatile.  Who's the guy I'm talking about.  

TS
View Quote

Bruce Lee...
View Quote

Yup.  Give that man a prize.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've beaten the daylights out of black belts in Karate long before I took any martial arts.  Karate is just generally impractical in a street fight.  It generally comes down to fighting experience, size and dedication.  
View Quote

All this is dependent on whether the school is a blackbelt store or if the students actually learn what they're supposed to. And never f**k with anyone who's taking Aikido, there are no easy blackbelts earned in Aikido, you'll get your ass kicked and the other guy won't break a sweat.

TS
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Someone once said:

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog"

Someone also said:

"Bend over and kiss your ass goodbye"

Good luck Grasshopper

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top