Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2013 3:26:21 PM EDT
I have this LMT sight on my BCM/Spikes combo.  Been thinking about buying an aim point pro and wonder
if it will co axial with this sight.  Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Co-witness, you mean?

It should.

It's normally full co-witness for standard height front sight bases and rear sights - which it looks like yours corresponds to.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Co-witness, you mean?

It should.

It's normally full co-witness for standard height front sight bases and rear sights - which it looks like yours corresponds to.
View Quote

I meant co witness don't know why I typed what I typed, just getting old I guess.  So I could just clamp on the aimpoint without
doing anything to the iron sight?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I meant co witness don't know why I typed what I typed, just getting old I guess.  So I could just clamp on the aimpoint without
doing anything to the iron sight?
View Quote

Should be able to with no problems.

You might find yourself switching to a different rear iron sight, though, as you may want to walk the Aimpoint back further so as to open up field of view; then go with a flip-up rear sight as a backup - which when down will also open up field of view.

But obviously, it'll be up to you - especially if you prefer having windage and elevation adjustments that you're used to with irons for further range, rather than use a hold-over with the Aimpoint.

Either way, the Aimpoint should fit with no problems at all, and should co-witness just fine.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a somewhat similar set up.

The mount that comes with the aimpoint pro is "perfect cowitness" or close enough that it seems to be.

I honestly want a lower 1/3rd cowitness instead. I just don't want to pay for a mount.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#5]
For a fixed rear sight (or flip-up kept up) I would prefer a 7mm riser base for the Aimpoint to set-up a lower 1/3 cowitness.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Depending on your shooting style, OP, you may end up looking at another mount later on.  The knob for the PRO mount is somewhat large, and will sit above your bolt catch/bolt release, and depending on how you do emergency reloads (slapping the side vs indexing thumb) might be something to work around a bit.

Or it may not.

Just something to be aware of, because the knob is big.

That said, it's a great optic, especially for the price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top